Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clock and Alarm System Question...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
nj-elantra
Hi - two questions about a 2003 Elantra we just purchased...

- Clock isn't working -- is that a normal issue with these cars? Saw some postings about them not keeping good time -- wasn't sure if they break too?

- I noticed that when the car had been locked (via the remote key fob) that using the key to unlock the driver side door set-off the alarm system? Is this normal? Most cars have key lock sensor that turns off the alarm if a key is used?
cobas
I haven't heard much about clocks not working. I would say most likely someone changed the stereo and forgot to plug in the clock connector behind the dash. Or deliberately unplugged it because it's green and ugly. Here's how to check, dash fascia removal instructions: http://www.elantragtclub.com/id243.html
(It's an intimidating prospect at first, but easier than you think)

About the alarm... yes, that's normal because the keys have no electronic parts - they're just old-fashoned keys. If you lock the car with the key, the alarm won't be armed.
nj-elantra
Thx for the quick reply -- radio is still factory so maybe they just didn't like the display? Cigarette lighter is out too -- probably the fuse. Thought maybe the clock was on the same circuit -- but just checked the owner's manual and they both use different fuses...

I'll probably wait until I get a 2nd remote from eBay before pulling the dash apart, that way I can program the key fob at the same time...
cobas
You can check the cigarette lighter fuse easily enough, and if it's OK then probably someone forgot to plug that back in too, LOL wink.gif
Does the hazard lights button work??
nj-elantra
Yes - hazzards work fine. A/C light does too and the clock is suppose to be on that circuit (if I recall correctly)...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.