Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver window assembly? repair 04 Elantra
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
my04elantra
Hi
I am a Newbie happy to own an Elantra & find this forum! .... with one question to start

My Elantra 4dr sedan driver's side power window is temporarily closed. I took it to the garage to have it repaired after the window dropped inside the door. They took the door apart, had a look and put it back together with the window "propped up".

Mechanic said the power to the window assembly was working but the glass had slipped out of the platform and looked as though it had been glued in place ?? (yes I'm female, yes I'm quoting the mechanic). I was told to take it to a car window repair company.

Can you help me understand the problem? I would like to discuss this with some degree of knowledge when I talk to the next mechanic.

Appreciate any assistance with this!
Ontario newbie
sarge
Hello and welcome! (what part of Ontario?)

My friend's Honda is doing this, because with his the glass actually is sandwiched into the arm that the motor moves.
BUT...According to HMAService, the Elantra glass panel is actually bolted to that arm and really shouldn't come 'unglued'. Hopefully someone that's taken some doors apart can confirm this for you.
Click to view attachment
my04elantra
Thanks for the diagram, I'm in London
... next time I'll have a look when they take the door apart.
glen
Click to view attachment
Hi
There are 2 bolts that hold the window in place in the chanel and they are usd as well for adjustments
my04elantra
Thanks Glen
It would be simple if it proved to be a bolt(s) either from the base or the channel. The diagrams are helpful. I will ask them to show me the problem before they hand me an invoice.
Cheers

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.