Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well I quess I am a newbe form NJ
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
TVRPAUL
Hi

May name is Paul, I have a 2002 Elantra GT which I bought new. Sorry to say it is an automatic as my wife is unable to drive a stick now for any long periods, but hay it is still a fun car, I live in Englishtown , NJ I was lucky enough to retire this past May 2008, I now have the time to do minor maintance work on the car. Between doing this post I am changing the transmission fluid. I can see you all are going to be a great place to go to for help and information. Thanks for having me
Bobzilla
Howdy Paul! Wife is from NJ, grew up in Wyckoff. . . poor girl. . . Take a look around! Prop your feet up and enjoy the atmosphere.

Oh. . and watchout for that Bobzilla guy, I hear he's a know-it-all!! laugh.gif
bikedad
^^^ LOL laugh.gif Bob, you're a character.

Welcome to the club!
sed
race2.gif englishtown ! w00t!

anyway, welcome to our humble home away from home.

The green guys are the smartest smile.gif

-shawn
TVRPAUL
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Jan 14 2009, 04:27 PM) *
Howdy Paul! Wife is from NJ, grew up in Wyckoff. . . poor girl. . . Take a look around! Prop your feet up and enjoy the atmosphere.

Oh. . and watchout for that Bobzilla guy, I hear he's a know-it-all!! laugh.gif

Some times they just do LOL
cobas
Welcome Paul! smile.gif Nice car! I have an '03 GT. Got pictures?
Be sure to check out all of the features we have here: DIY projects, Member's Garages, etc.
sciphi
Welcome! There's a lot of info here, and don't hesitate to ask!
sarge
Just cause it's an automatic doesn't mean you can enjoy the drive and make it look/sound/react good

lots of info to do all those here.
profile and garage is a great place to start, then the DIY section to personalize it a bit.
Alex2013GT
QUOTE (sed @ Jan 14 2009, 05:08 PM) *
The green guys are smartasses

-shawn

^^^ Well you got that right

Welcome Paul. Feel free to ask any questions you have. There is a ton of info here and lots of features.
slowgls
well come to the club.Nice to see some one else isn't ashamed to drive automatic.They are slow but still go.
Bigs
Hey Paul! Welcome to the Club!

Yeah watch out for the Zilla and the green guy!
bambad7
I also welcome you to the club. What no one has said so far, at one time even Bobzilla was a newbie! ROFL! Since I have only been a member for under two years, I can say there is a wealth of information on just about any topic you can think of for an Elantra, and other models Hyundai also. I should also warn you about Bigs, if you like a really clean car, and now that you are retired, the detailing monster may strike you like it struck me.

Bigs is the club "pro" when it comes to detailing, so be sure and read detailing forum till your heart's content, all the detailing tips, and hide your wallet!
popeye
A belated welcome. Sorry about the Jersey part laugh.gif But hey you're retired so you have that going for you thumbsup.gif You're probably the only TVR owner here so watch out for the Lucas jokes...
JohnsRedGT
happy-wavehello6.gif Welcome! You have a HUGE database of info available to you. I find the DIY section one of the best on the web. Ask if you have a question....

peace out
TVRPAUL
Thanks to all you guys for the welcome, biggrin.gif Popeye, not much Lucas in the TVRanymore, running a GM 3.4L V6 in her, rewired all the grounds behind the dash, the instruments are bright. LOL
popeye
QUOTE (TVRPAUL @ Jan 15 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Thanks to all you guys for the welcome, biggrin.gif Popeye, not much Lucas in the TVRanymore, running a GM 3.4L V6 in her, rewired all the grounds behind the dash, the instruments are bright. LOL

Rats and I was gonna pull out all the good ones tongue.gif laugh.gif
Neanderthal
QUOTE (Bigs @ Jan 15 2009, 06:04 AM) *
Hey Paul! Welcome to the Club!

Yeah watch out for the Zilla and the green guy!

Welcome to the site from a relative newbie.

Lots of automatics here, my Mighty Spectra for one. smile.gif
Adam Garcia
As a fellow Jersey guy I would like to say, Welcome to the club.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.