Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I want to make some changes... suggestions?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
sarlee
Hi...

I have a 2008 Elantra GLS in the carbon gray colour. I have already tinted it, and I am thinking of making some additional changes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am not looking for anything too crazy or expensive, but some modifications that would improve the performance of my car.

Thanks! signs-thanx.gif
Alex2013GT
Well, New Year's Eve I rode in a friends '08 Elantra and he has it looking really nice. He installed the OEM spoiler (really helps the back end) and had 10,000k HID's headlights. He also had LED's in the interior which added a nice touch. So if you're looking at upgrading the lighting these would be some nice touches and the spoiler for a cosmetic touch.

Are you looking for anything in particular to upgrade? Cosmetic, stereo, performance or handling upgrades?
slowgls
Intake and exhaust would be the frist thing i would do if they are available.Hid kit is always a nice touch.
KaptKrunch
New (used) wheels!!!
MdElantra
Ditto on the wheels and i love the carbon grey, nice choice in color. All the other suggestions are valid too with intake being first thing id do.

PS: Here in the city HID is overkill for me.
sarlee
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

My model came with the spoiler and alloy wheels. Alex2004GT the OEM spoiler, is it different from the spoiler that comes on the GLS.

Sorry, I am new at this, so please forgive me if I sound like an idiot... emb2.gif

I think at this point, my focus is on performance. I find that since I do so much city driving, and very little highway driving, my fuel consumption could be better, so I think I would like to focus on that, if possible... any suggestions?
MdElantra
Nothing really to offer except our engines are much more economic at highway speeds. Im lucky to get 20 in the city with a 5 speed 2006gls but i drive it like a 5 speed in the city. On the highway on any runs over 60 miles i pull 35mpg+ nature of the beast im afraid. A better air intake system SRI or CAI might help a bit but i doubt youd see it in the city but they do sound good.
Alex2013GT
QUOTE (sarlee @ Jan 5 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Thanks so much for the suggestions!

My model came with the spoiler and alloy wheels. Alex2004GT the OEM spoiler, is it different from the spoiler that comes on the GLS.

Sorry, I am new at this, so please forgive me if I sound like an idiot... emb2.gif

I think at this point, my focus is on performance. I find that since I do so much city driving, and very little highway driving, my fuel consumption could be better, so I think I would like to focus on that, if possible... any suggestions?

No worries about sounding stupid. Pretty much everything I say is stupid laugh.gif

As far as my reference to the OEM spoiler, that most likely is the same spoiler you have (OEM means original equipment manufacture. . . aka the Hyundai spoiler you would get at a dealer) I'm not sure how many style spoilers they have the the HD Elantra, but the style he has is the one I've seen on most HD's.

As MdElantra stated, you could possible get a little better gas mileage by putting in an intake or muffler, but chances are any slight improvements would be offset by a heavy foot to hear the engine purr. That being said I LOVED the sound of the custom CAI (cold air intake) I put on my elantra. That would be one of my first mods if I were in your shoes. Also, I would say to make sure routine maintenance is done and the tires are at their recommended pressure to help keep the MPG's up. Other than that, ask away, and remember any mods you do, you better post pictures of, as well as add it to your garage! B)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.