Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Michelin X-Ice 195/60R15 is 35% off at Tire Rack
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Marketplace > The Vendor Zone

View New Posts
cobas
The Tire Rack is having a sale on Michelin X-Ice Xi2 in our OEM size, 195/60R15. They are at $60 each plus shipping, making them the cheapest winter in that size, and about 35% discounted from their normal price (all the other sizes, like 195/65R15 and 195/55R15 are $92+). They are a new design, ranked 1st in their comparison with the Bridgestone Bizzak WS-60, Goodyear Ultragrip Ice, and Nokian Hakkapilitta RSi, and customer reviews are good, but there are only 5 reviews. The only bad news is they are T-speed rated (118mph) which is not OEM-good (H-rated 130mph) so the dry-weather handling might be disappointing, but they are a winter tire after all.

I'm tempted but... I live in MD and we get 5" of snow a year or something. It actually makes me wish I lived in a snowier place so I'd have justification to buy winter tires and plow through snowstorms... alas, I just take the traffic circle a little faster than most.
Toecutter
That is a great deal! Thanks for sharing it.

I bought my Blizzak Revo-01's from them this past summer for like $54 each, but I got the 185's instead of the 195's. I thought that I got a good deal, but these Michelins might even be a better deal.
sarge
makes me want to get X-Ice rather than my Nordics; even though mine still have prolly 2-3 more winters to go
They're pretty much the same price I paid for my winters... but supposed to be better!
miataracer
I put these tires on our 99 and they are great. I have never had dedicated snows just no seasons for the winter, well let me tell you I did not know a car would handle so well in 5" of packed and powder snow and ice on the road.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.