Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie with a 2000
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
00Elantra
Have a 2000 Elantra. Auto. It's pulling alot of sensors in the tranny so wanting a 5 speed swap. I am hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. I also want some more power and eventually turbo down the road.
ROG
tranny swap is a bad word to say around here it can be done but its exspencive its better to just stay with what you got
but welcome to the club you should check out the DIY section
00Elantra
Also what is my engine (beta ???)
sarge
You should have the 2L beta
if you're looking for some service help, you should check out hmaservice.com aswell... will give you some decent information there.

Welcome to the club...

Might want to look into what those sensors/engine codes? mean; might be simpler to fix the fault than a swap.
00Elantra
I ran the the codes but I forgot the numbers I will get them on here when I get a chance. All I know is that Overdrive kicks in almost never above 65 and at 65 I am running at about 2700 unless that is normal.
sciphi
Welcome! If you want some ideas for mods to a 2000 Elantra, check out my garage. My Elantra was wrecked, but still lives on in pictures.

Feel free to ask and search around for stuff, we're all pretty friendly here.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.