Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HYUNDAI cars are WORTHLESS!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
sofpan
wink.gif I will tell you something from my experience. I own a HYUNDAI Accent from 1998 and have only 92.000 klms (that would be about 65.000 miles). I also -and always- drive "gently". I don't drive fast, I don't accelarate strong, I don't go above 90 klms (70 miles) per hour because I want to have fuel economy.

HYUNDAI cars generally may be cheap to buy, seems to have enough good technical specifications and they're good looking. But I believe its not worth because:
a) it has poor construction quality,
B) it appears often mechanical and electrical malfunctions,
c) the fuel consumption usually is bigger than this described by its book,
d) it has expensive genuine parts so an EXPENSIVE SERVICE,
e) it burns lots of oils inside its engine (so, I have to carry always Oil with me). The cost to fix it is very big.
f) when I drive I hear sounds and “cracks” from the main body and the plastics of the car.

In the long term, I EXPERIENCED ALL THESE PROBLEMS. My opinion is absolutely NEGATIVE for HYUNDAI generally. When I will have to replace my car, I will not buy a HYUNDAI again (not only Accent, I mean any HYUNDAI). That's for sure! Don't make the same mistake I made. It's wasted money. The money that you earn by working hard.

If HYUNDAI had quality, it would have it in 1998 and today (as a principle). Often, the quality is better when someone has an older model, because every car industry by the pressure of lower cost, reduce the quality year by year. In the other hand, when a car factory is new in the game (as HYUNDAI was in 1998) makes better products because the Industry is not known (famous) and want to have costumers. As the years passing, they reduce the quality because they gain fans. Fans have no brain. They want tell you the truth: they are fans. So, do not take HYUNDAI.
Take any car, but first search the Internet for the owners opinions, reviews, problems etc..

And because some guys say that Hyundai may be had low quality at 1998 but nowadays make improvements and has good quality anymore, I will say to them that:
If HYUNDAI had done improvements in the quality of its cars at the last decade, then why the resale value of Hyundai cars is still very low? Anybody can say anything. I say that Hyundai cars are not worthing, someone else says they worth. How someone can know who is true? I will tell you. The resale value of the cars balances by demand and supply. Someone finds the resale value at the secondary cars market. The whole market is formulating by demand and supply. We have all the Hyundai's owners and all the possible buyers. If we consider that demand is stable, we have the unstable factor "supply". The resale value is very low. WHY? Because the total of the already Hyundai owners are not sutisfied with their Hyundais and so, they want to sell their "good" cars and accept the low value that the buyers of the secondary market give them. Otherwise we can not have a low resale market value. The whole market shout to us that "Hyundai are not good cars". That's why they don't have good resale value. If they were good cars (today, not in 1998), their owners would appreciated and they wan't like to sell them. If they wouldn't like to sell them, the supply of used Hyundais would be small and... magically... the Hyundais would have better resale value. And we are speaking for today, not 1998.

---> Look always for negative opinions. Because those that have negative opinions they have nothing to gain from that. I just tell you that Hyundai doesn't make good cars and I win nothing from that. If someone tells you a positive opinion, maybe, I just say may be, have something to gain. May be is working for Hyundai, may be he is trying to sell a Hyundai, may be wants to justify his choise of Hyundai and wants to feel nice... Conlusion: Negative opinions worth more from positives.

---> As for all these top positionigs and awards from some organizations to Hyuandais, that some guys tell us, I simply discredit them. How do I know that they are real tests and these organizations have nothing to gain, they don't payed off, even if they are "non-profit"??? (advertisements, hidden payments, etc)

So, my opinion: Hyundai didn't have quality at the old days (1998) that noone knew that korean automaker. Now, Hyundai makes cheap cars, that seems good. But they are not. If they hadn't quality yesterday, they will have not tomorrow. It'a a matter of principle. Or you have or you have not... As I said before, today they have funs (= no brain) that willing to follow them (because Hyundais are cheap, seems good and they're good looking). And if you have today any car of any brand, new, it will be in a good condition for 5-6 years. What happens after that? That is the Question. I believe that Hyundai they weren't and they aren't good cars for someone that wants a car for 10-15 years, as a usefull tool and not for a "toy" and short term period of 4-5 years. Finally even I have not drive a KIA, I believe that they are the same bad cars as Hyundais and the reason for that is that HYUNDAI and KIA are the same Group. So, and because Quality is a matter of principle, I'm sure that as Hyundai doesn't have, so and KIA. So be carefull!!! Away from them!

I can show to you that I am objective because I will tell you and the positives that my Accent has: it has a strong Air Condition, which is very useful fot the hot Summers. Till now (a decade) it has only some really tiny rusts in the outside surface that I can see.

Let's see if you accept kind, polite dialogue. After all, I am a real Hyundai owner and I have the right to tell my complaints.
mregt02
??
joelpatrick
Wow, you are dumb.
sarge
I'm not really sure I understand your point... other than you've got a 10 year old Accent that's having some issues.
How much have you spent on repairs? I'm sure it can't be all that much or you would have moved onto another car by now.

Welcome to the club
....and to 2008; where cars (all brands) are made better to deal with the safety standards.
Granted Hyundai is still pretty new to the game, but is making great improvements in all the lines of their manufacturing. I mean 10 years makes alot of change, and to completely bypass probably their best years of manufacturing jumping to your conclusion that all Hyundai products are crap is a little harsh. I'm by no means a dedicated Hyundai owner, with this being only my first; but I'm not finding any flaws with manufacturing. Only the things you get to deal with when buying a used car and driving 50000KMs in just over a year. I know for fact that there are things I don't like, and don't work on my sisters 2005 Pontiac Pursuit, or my brothers 2006 Dodge 1500... and Dodge/GM have been in the business a long time.
As a small example... 1984, Pontiac released the 4cyl Fiero... it had it's issues, oil leaks, fires...but did Pontiac just give up? no they released a v6 model in 1985, and a repaired their 4cyl. Then they made changes to the suspension to make it better. All this was done within 4 years.
So to base your assumptions that all Hyundais are bad because you are having some issues with a 98 Accent is complete crap. Have you driven a newer model to compare and see the changes they've made in 10 years? It's called evolution, things get changed generally for the better over time.
Good luck with getting a problem-free vehicle to last 10 years.
You should try Toyota... their genuine part prices are worse.

As a nice (modified) quote from Billy Madison:
Sofpan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
BNystrom
This guy doesn't even seem old enough to have a driver's license. The Jedi animation at the bottom really makes me wonder...well, that and the fact that nothing he says even remotely makes sense. Perhaps it's just a case of ESL, but I suspect that this is just some kid with nothing better to do than troll forums.
Bigs
QUOTE (sofpan @ Sep 19 2008, 04:33 AM) *
c) the fuel consumption usually is bigger than this described by its book,

You tell me who isn't?

Dude, your car is a 98? rolleyes.gif It will crack, probably burn oil... Sometimes, old cars with low mileage will have more issues as everything dries up and cracks. My brother had a 1995 accent... He got rid of it in 2007. HO ISSUES other than regular maintenance! If you maintain your car, it should be good to you.

On top... Hyundai parts are quite cheap, if you don't buy them at the dealer.

Hence, the reason we have a car club like this. To help people save money and learn more about their cars.

I think your issue is... You probably got a lemon. Shit happens my friend!
Bobzilla
Likely a Hyundai hater because he has nothing better to do?

Just so you know, I have 96k MILES (155k km's) and I beat my car daily. No issues that are not owner derived. Wifes 2000 Accent (affectionately called the "Turd") has 152k MILES (246k km's) and is a decent little runabout. Are they LExus/Acura/Infiniti/Cadillac quality? Nope. But when I only paid a 1/5 of the cost, you kinda expect that.

Grow up sonny.
silet
sofpan, you make a lot of great points. Hyundai resale value is nothing, they have mechanical issue, produce a lemon here and there and most of all listening to negative opinions is a good thing! I agree with you 100% on those points.

However, and this is just based on your one and only post, I would not consider your opinion if I had to buy a car. Again, just based on your one singular post, I don't see you having much knowledge about cars or that you have driven a variety of them.

We may have a lot fans here, but we also have talked about the problems Hyundai has, so I really don't get the point of your topic...
Bobzilla
His post may have had more validity if he had actually spelled Hyundai correctly in his title.
NovaResource
I own a HYUNDAI Accent from 1998

^^^ There's you problem right there. Pre-2000 Hyundai was crap. But they have gotten much better.

If HYUNDAI had quality, it would have it in 1998 and today (as a principle). Often, the quality is better when someone has an older model, because every car industry by the pressure of lower cost, reduce the quality year by year.

Explain Honda and Toyota then? Are Honda and Toyota better today then you were in the 1970's? You bet they are.

And because some guys say that Hyundai may be had low quality at 1998 but nowadays make improvements and has good quality anymore, I will say to them that:
If HYUNDAI had done improvements in the quality of its cars at the last decade, then why the resale value of Hyundai cars is still very low?

Because reputation always takes longer to improve. The quality must improve first before peoples opinion change. Hyundai has been improving quality over the years and not their reputation is also slowly improving.

BTW, you realize this is an ELANTRA forum, not an ACCENT forum. The Accent is the economy/entry-level car. The quality will always be slightly lower than their more upscale and expensive cars.
jamhandman
I can agree with his complaints that the interior has issues, but mechanically I feel my Hyundai will last for well over 100K Miles.

I wonder how long sofpan has waited to write this post?

Does anyone think he/she will ever return to reply?
Bobzilla
Did I also mention that at 130k the engine didn't use oil and the wife is CONSISTENTLY getting 38mpg out of her Accent?
NovaResource
QUOTE (jamhandman @ Sep 19 2008, 08:44 AM) *
I wonder how long sofpan has waited to write this post?

sofpan:
Posts per day: 0.09
Last Post: 19-September 08, 04:33 AM

Looks like he waited 11 days.
sofpan
Dears fellow Hyundai owners,
As I said I am a Hyundai owner and ex fan. I believed that I had a good car, sure not a mercendes, but ‘value for the money’. I was ‘sleeping’…
The cost of its regular service is big in authorized points. Despite I always drove very gently, like a grandma, have done little miles, my Hyundai appeared lots of issues. The cost to buy it new, plus the maintenance cost, plus the fuel consumption, equals with a big money amount. This money amount comparable to other cars, is bigger.

I am 37 years old. I put that jentai icon just for fan.

When I'm talking about quality, I mean especially the machinery and elecrtical quality and car's durability in the long term.

Lots of you, say that Hyundai improved over the years.
Let’s assume that it did.
But now, I don’t bite whatever they give me. How do I know that Hyundai really improved? When I bought my Hyundai, the salesman told that it is a very good car.
So I google it.
And what I found?

It is for England
Hyundai 17th to 28 total. Its brother KIA almost bottoms. The data are for 2008, the nowadays Hyundais. The datas just proved my logical thought, that if by principle you don't have quality in 1998, you will not have at 2008 and at 2018.

Of course, Hyundai took some awards, like from JD Power VDS Study 2008 (Accent ranked 1st), but this is only a model and might be only from luck or because Hyundai from time to time, builds some good cars, just to confuse the consumers.

I say that a Group like Hyundai/KIA, that is 5th at global annual sales, would have much more excellences, as Toyota for example has.

Looking for the truth...

P.S: I didn't have free time, that's why I writing now.
Ishtar
Well you're looking a lame table, as Skoda, SEAT, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, and Fiat all don't sell in North America.

Company's don't build a car to "confuse" their customer.

At the end of the day, a 10 year old car is generally not that great a deal anyways. It's a $200 car. Get over it.

Perhaps you should flame elsewhere, and be gone smile.gif
Tirolerpeter
Sofpan, you certainly have the right to express your opinions. However, it is interesting that you have kept your Hyundai for ten years. If you were/are so displeased with your vehicle, why did you hang on to it? To borrow a phrase: You should have "Put some lipstick on that Pig" and sold it to cut your losses. I have owned over 20 vehicles in the past 46 years, and my 03 Elantra was the MOST reliable vehicle, with the least number of mechanical problems of all the vehicles that I have owned over time. I'm hoping my current vehicle (2008 Subaru OBW) proves at least equally reliable. You make a lot of sweeping generalizations, but give no specific problems and what you did to have them resolved. Ranting doesn't give others much to work with. What got you so angry?
sofpan
I am not angry.

I am dissapointed from Hyundai's low quality and durability in the long term. signs-groan.gif

I would have get rid off my junky Hyundai if I had the money to do it.

And I will do it when I will have the money.
cobas
Um... yeah, welcome to the club (although I guess you won't stay). Ok, onto some points already made...

1. The resale value is determined by people like you, who have a bad opinion of Hyundai based on 10-year-old sub-compact economy cars that retailed for $9,099 new. You are not doing scientific reliability testing of newer Hyundais, not looking at build quality, not doing surveys of owner satisfaction... you're just unhappy with your 10-year old Accent. That's why the resale value is a good indicator of reputation but not of quality. Quality and reputation are related... reputation comes about 10 years after quality because of, yes, people like you.

2. You said you "discredit," all positive review of Hyundai, so you are un-convinceable, i.e. there is no point in arguing with you because you will discredit all arguments you disagree with. I hope you're not married. J.D. Power, Consumer Reports, a dozen car magazines that have witnessed Hyundai's dramatic quality improvement and show that it's now near the top of the industry, equal to Toyota or Honda... they have raised their prices and remained competitive, they have the 375hp V8 Genesis getting favorable reviews compared to Lexus, Mercedes, BMW....but you don't care/believe and you definitely won't listen to us, fellow Hyundai owners who might have something to gain. See #1.

3. You say that quality always goes down over time, but apparently only Hyundai's quality. What about Toyota and Honda's quality going down over time? You apply that argument/opinion logically inconsistently. I could tell you that J.D. Power's studies show car's quality has gone up over time, and Hyundai in particular has improved a lot... but you probably discredit those for disagreeing with your opinion, see #2.

Good luck with your Accent!
sofpan
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Sep 19 2008, 09:10 AM) *
Well you're looking a lame table, as Skoda, SEAT, Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, and Fiat all don't sell in North America.

That is not meaning that we must ignore the data. The world is not only America. I am European.
And the data are from the respectable JD Power.
Hyundai is 17th betwenn 28
NovaResource
QUOTE (sofpan @ Sep 19 2008, 09:53 AM) *
When I'm talking about quality, I mean especially the machinery and elecrtical quality and car's durability in the long term.

QUOTE (sofpan @ Sep 19 2008, 10:22 AM) *
I am dissapointed from Hyundai's low quality and durability in the long term.

It's a 10 year old car! Yes, it will have problems. The fact it lasted 10 years considering it was built back when Hyundais quality was questionable is impressive to me. How many 10+ year old cars do you see on the road. Modern cars make use of alot of electronic equipment and sensors that just don't last very long when subjected to 10 years outside. Take your VCR and TV outside and see if they last 10 years.

And in reality, most people don't keep a car more than 10 years.
Bobzilla
We have 245k miles combined on 2 Hyundais, that's almost 400k km's in your speak. The one with 150k had NEVER had the transmission serviced (original fluid/washer) and finally crapped out at 136k miles. Considering the fluid was due to be changed 4 times in that period, I'd say it did OK for a cheapo car. The one with 96k miles has had no issues as I have done all the PROPER MAINTENANCE.

My other 01 Elantra I maintain has 76k miles all trouble free. . .so all 3 combined would be over 520k km's to you. All trouble free. All 3 getting better than window sticker fuel economy.

So please, tell me all about how "terrible" Hyundai is.
popeye
Instead of looking at your own region, try the whole world.

Statistically it would be a better example. And as far as numbers are concerned, it's in the mid range, very slightly below industry average and only 1.3 points below VW, whom I passed on buying from because I found much more negativity in car forums/review sites (some of which were based in the UK) than I did for Hyundai. And I suspect that some bias against a Korean manufacturer is present in the European community at large, I know in the US it is present in some regions.. (Rust belt for one)
cclngthr

Lexus has its problems; probably just as many as Hyundai.

A 1998 Accent engine and transmission are 1st generation Hyundai, or basically 2nd/3rd generation Mitsubishi drivetrains. Hyundai used the Mitsubishi drivetrain in the earlier models and used the same design when they started making their drivetrains in house. Mitsubishi at that time had some problems with sensors and transmissions going south.

Also, Hyundai's have to be maintained to run right. Regular maintanance is a necessary thing. Some companies offer free maintanance for their cars as an incentive to buy the car.
popeye
QUOTE (cclngthr @ Sep 19 2008, 10:14 AM) *
Also, Hyundai's have to be maintained to run right. Regular maintanance is a necessary thing. Some companies offer free maintanance for their cars as an incentive to buy the car.

Like BMW for one I believe...
roydjt
I don't know why you joined here just to start a flame war about how crappy all of our cars are. It is apparent to me that you have an agenda. I'm sorry if you are unhappy about your ownership experience, but until you cite some specific reasons for your arguments, you will get little sympathy from this group.

As for your JD Power rakings, I looked the 2008 US data up and here is what I found. I see Hyundai ranked #13 out of 37 manufacturers, ahead of such highly regarded companies as Infiniti/Nissan, Mercedes, Audi and Saab. Some of the companies that I see as Hyundai's direct competition such as Mazda, Saturn, and Subaru are far behind. You can do a lot of fishy things with statistics, but I am happy with what I see.

Problems per 100 vehicles

Make 2008 2007 Make 2008 2007
Lexus 120 145 Pontiac 225 220
Mercury 151 168 GMC 226 222
Cadillac 155 162 Mazda 228 289
Toyota 159 178 Subaru 228 192
Acura 160 207 Chrysler 229 249
Buick 163 145 Dodge 230 236
BMW 164 182 MINI 233 247
Lincoln 165 182 Chevrolet 239 226
Honda 177 169 HUMMER 241 242
Jaguar 178 197 Scion 243 220
Porsche 193 252 Volvo 244 230
Mitsubishi 197 228 Saturn 250 274
Hyundai 200 228 Jeep 253 219
Ford 204 221 Volkswagen253 298
Infiniti 204 215 SAAB 254 319
Industry avg206 216 Isuzu 274 322
Audi 207 234 Kia 278 288
Mercedes 215 212 Suzuki 302 324
Nissan 224 274 Land Rover344 398

-Roy
Alex2013GT
And we still have yet to hear what problems you have had with your car???? rolleyes.gif

But no matter what, the fact is that your car is 10 years old, is the bottom econo box Hyundai offers, and is still running 10 years later. Plus Hyundai has made leaps and bounds in the past 10 years. My wife had a 99 elantra and the difference between that car and my '04 Elantra GT was night and day, and my '04 GT compared to my '06 Sonata is night and day, and the interior of my '06 Sonata compared to the new redesigned interior of the '09 Sonata is night and day.

Companies change a lot in 10 years including Hyundai. But go ahead and pay more money to get a Honda, and check back with us in 10 years. Let me know what you think then. ohmy.gif
Bobzilla
I say either tell what problems you've had, or hit the door.
joelpatrick
QUOTE (sofpan @ Sep 19 2008, 09:27 AM) *
That is not meaning that we must ignore the data. The world is not only America. I am European.

European? That's interesting b/c I had you pegged for retarded.
Bobzilla
Oh SNAP! Now see, I would think that. But I wouldn't have said it . . . this time. haha.gif
NovaResource
QUOTE (joelpatrick @ Sep 19 2008, 01:53 PM) *
European? That's interesting b/c I had you pegged for retarded.

Let's not throw insults around just because he said all us Hyundai fans are brainless:
... Fans have no brain.

...As I said before, today they have fans (= no brain) that willing to follow them...

If HYUNDAI had quality, it would have it in 1998 and today (as a principle). Often, the quality is better when someone has an older model, because every car industry by the pressure of lower cost, reduce the quality year by year. In the other hand, when a car factory is new in the game (as HYUNDAI was in 1998) makes better products because the Industry is not known (famous) and want to have costumers. As the years passing, they reduce the quality because they gain fans.

Here's where you are wrong. You logic is totally backwards. New car companies don't start making good cars and then slowly lower quality. At least not companies that want to stay in business long. New car companies start out slow and learn how to build good cars and find out what buyers want.
cobas
Keep the personal insults out of it so this thread/discussion can actually develop instead of ending in warnings/suspension/bans and closed. We can have a civilized disagreement and argument over Hyundai's quality without insulting each other. That goes for everyone... including me. Sorry about the marriage comment. Keep it clean
cclngthr
QUOTE (Roydjt @ Sep 19 2008, 10:33 AM) *
I don't know why you joined here just to start a flame war about how crappy all of our cars are. It is apparent to me that you have an agenda. I'm sorry if you are unhappy about your ownership experience, but until you cite some specific reasons for your arguments, you will get little sympathy from this group.

As for your JD Power rakings, I looked the 2008 US data up and here is what I found. I see Hyundai ranked #13 out of 37 manufacturers, ahead of such highly regarded companies as Infiniti/Nissan, Mercedes, Audi and Saab. Some of the companies that I see as Hyundai's direct competition such as Mazda, Saturn, and Subaru are far behind. You can do a lot of fishy things with statistics, but I am happy with what I see.

Problems per 100 vehicles

Make 2008 2007 Make 2008 2007
Lexus 120 145 Pontiac 225 220
Mercury 151 168 GMC 226 222
Cadillac 155 162 Mazda 228 289
Toyota 159 178 Subaru 228 192
Acura 160 207 Chrysler 229 249
Buick 163 145 Dodge 230 236
BMW 164 182 MINI 233 247
Lincoln 165 182 Chevrolet 239 226
Honda 177 169 HUMMER 241 242
Jaguar 178 197 Scion 243 220
Porsche 193 252 Volvo 244 230
Mitsubishi 197 228 Saturn 250 274
Hyundai 200 228 Jeep 253 219
Ford 204 221 Volkswagen253 298
Infiniti 204 215 SAAB 254 319
Industry avg206 216 Isuzu 274 322
Audi 207 234 Kia 278 288
Mercedes 215 212 Suzuki 302 324
Nissan 224 274 Land Rover344 398

-Roy

Hyundai has less problems than Lexus, although Lexus according to his chart has a higher rating; being more popular because of its name.
Bobzilla
We're not having a civilized discussion. We have years of experience and countless studies showing continued improvement in quality and customer satisfaction as well as improved resale compared to one person's generalized whining. He has offered no evidence, no hard ANYTHING to support his one sided argument.

I might as well go on a rampage against toyoduh and their piles of crap they overcharge for.
jamhandman
I wonder how many other cars on the road today are from 1998/1999 with a base price of less then $15k.
cobas
If you like J.D. Power and don't think they have a bias, then we can use their ratings of Hyundai, which show they've improved from 24th place out of (38-39 brands) in 2003 to 13th place in 2008 in initial quality, and improved from 32nd place to 13th place in three-year dependability too. In '04 and '06 their initial quality was on-par with the best brands in the market, and it's not too far now either. So if you're talking about a 10-year old Hyundai Accent being unreliable, I can believe you. But I'm not sure what bearing it has on today's cars.

Here's their initial quality ratings, always out of 37,38 or 39 brands:
2003 cars: #24, 2004 cars: #7, 2005 cars: #11, 2006 cars: #3, 2007 cars: #12, 2008 cars: #13.

Here's their dependability (long-term) ratings:
2001 cars ('03 study): #32, 2002 cars ('04 study): #33, 2003 cars ('05 study): #21, 2004 cars ('06 study): #24, 2005 cars ('07 study): #22
2006 cars ('08 study): #13.

The '08 Accent was J.D. Power's most-reliable subcompact, and several other models have been top-3 picks in their categories in the last few years. Consumer Reports, if you trust them, put the 2008 Elantra as their Top Pick for small sedan, and they base their review on cost of ownership including past reliability.
MEly
QUOTE (cobas @ Sep 19 2008, 03:31 PM) *
Here's their initial quality ratings, always out of 37,38 or 39 brands:
2003 cars: #24, 2004 cars: #7, 2005 cars: #11, 2006 cars: #3, 2007 cars: #12, 2008 cars: #13.

Here's their dependability (long-term) ratings:
2000 cars ('03 study): #32, 2001 cars ('04 study): #33, 2003 cars ('05 study): #21, 2004 cars ('06 study): #24, 2005 cars ('07 study): #22
2006 cars ('08 study): #13.

Where's the love for the '02s? sad.gif Was this just a typo, or is there no data?
cobas
Typo, fixed. The study's done on 3-year old cars but since the 2002's go on sale in late 2001, then they're in the 2003 study, etc.
princessa
QUOTE (Bigs @ Sep 19 2008, 04:38 AM) *
You tell me who isn't?

Dude, your car is a 98? rolleyes.gif It will crack, probably burn oil... Sometimes, old cars with low mileage will have more issues as everything dries up and cracks. My brother had a 1995 accent... He got rid of it in 2007. HO ISSUES other than regular maintenance! If you maintain your car, it should be good to you.

On top... Hyundai parts are quite cheap, if you don't buy them at the dealer.

Hence, the reason we have a car club like this. To help people save money and learn more about their cars.

I think your issue is... You probably got a lemon. Shit happens my friend!

lol, wow sorry your brother had HO issues, glad he kept good maintenance on her, hahahaha!
davids03xd
QUOTE (princessa @ Sep 19 2008, 11:05 PM) *
lol, wow sorry your brother had HO issues, glad he kept good maintenance on her, hahahaha!

LOL tongue.gif
princessa
this dude is complaining bec his 10 yr old car is breaking, my car is 2 yrs old and is breaking, he has NO room to bitch be happy its still running after 10 yrs!! he should be bragging, not bitching!and those stats he proudly flaunts, some of them, like BMW have the same amount of stars as Hyundai, does he think BMW's are just as shitier as Hyundais?
Vampyrate
so yeah, you hate hyundai? i hate pontiac, ive had this car for 2 years and can't wait to get back into hyundai (own 2 in the past that were totalled)
princessa
oh yeah well I hate Ford right now, its suckin up every penney I have in gas! and I hate Hyundai bec my car keeps breaking and the dealer I swear is keeping my car hostage!!!2 and a half weeks to put an engine? what are they putting one part a day? i want my car back!!!!!!damn it biggrin.gif
Vampyrate
want to get a saleen? i can prolly get one for you... at least you will be sucking gas, but look awesome doing it
princessa
everyone has been telling me i look cute in my truck, its a monster i'm telling you, and its lifted, oh yeah!
oiml8
Typical European. Illogical rantings on baseless anecdotal evidence. He probably is consuming oil now because he ignored the break-in period for the motor. Also causing bad gas mileage. Had to replace some parts replace by a dealer on an obviously subpar design, which no one here will dispute, and complains about cost. DIY or quit complaining about getting ripped off by dealers. That is what dealers do. Cobas put it very succinctly. You presented your argument as complete fact and truth and then said anyone who disagrees with you is automatically discredited because of bias.

Is it any wonder we have had to go over there for 2 world wars, and are permanently stationed in many of those countries to keep them safe?
Bobzilla
^ Doesn't suprise me we've had to bail them out so often. . . but remember, we're just biased idiots and we're American and you know what that means. . .
Blupupher
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Sep 20 2008, 07:25 AM) *
^ Doesn't suprise me we've had to bail them out so often. . . but remember, we're just biased idiots and we're American and you know what that means. . .

Yes, that the French just love us.....
Ishtar
Hey hey I know we're like 5 seconds away from Canadian jokes here eh?
Bobzilla
So what did one Canuck say to the other Canuck? Does it matter, they're both Canucks?

Sorry y'all, I just had to! You know I love all my North of the Border brethren!
Ishtar
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Sep 21 2008, 08:05 PM) *
So what did one Canuck say to the other Canuck? Does it matter, they're both Canucks?

Sorry y'all, I just had to! You know I love all my North of the Border brethren!

You'd better be... or I'm taking a swing at yer five-hole with my hockey stick. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.