Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Newbie...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
TxElantra
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new 08 Elantra GLS (10 days ago) and it was the last one the dealer had (so they gave me a good price on it, since i was looking for a SE), it was on the show room, its nice and even has sun roof, tint windows and alarm. So far the car is doing great, im on my third tank and my mpgís are great, 33 on the first and 34.5 on the second, i hope i get 35 or above on the next since im planning on buying a K&N stock filter replacement.

Something curios is that after the purchase, i received a survey call from the dealer and they offered me a free oil change if i would rate the dealer with a 10. Is this normal or has any body had a offer like this before?
Alex2013GT
First, welcome to the club. Sounds like you got a great car there and I'm sure the great mileage will be nice with today's crazy gas prices. When you get a chance post some pics because I'd love to see that car with the tinted windows thumbsup.gif

As far as dealer surveys. I know when purchasing my car the sales woman said that if we were happy with the service if we wouldn't mind giving the experience a 10. Basically anything less than a 10 is "unacceptable." So if you had a good experience make sure you reward them with a good review. As far as a free oil change, take them up on that offer. I think most dealers will give a little something for someone who gives a review, as it helps out the dealership.
sarge
congrats on the new purchase and welcome aboard.

Mark another HD owner on the chart
TxElantra
I took the free oil change offer and they will be sending me a "We Owe" sheet. I already hade they survey call and rated them with a 10. whistle.gif

I just got the K&N filter, not much power increase and ill find out how much more mpg on the pump by weekend. Ill try to get some pics of the car when this rain moves away and ill try to make a trip to the car wash first.
KaptKrunch
Welcome to the club. It's good to see more HD owners join in on the fun.
Hoopster
Congrats on the new car. I bought mine used from a Ford dealership so I can't comment on the dealer ratings but I'm sure you'll love it. I went from a Chevy silverado averaging 17mpg to averaging 35mph with the elantra. Not quite as fun to drive as my Mazda3 was but much more economical.
TxElantra
QUOTE (Hoopster @ Jul 15 2008, 09:44 PM) *
Congrats on the new car. I bought mine used from a Ford dealership so I can't comment on the dealer ratings but I'm sure you'll love it. I went from a Chevy silverado averaging 17mpg to averaging 35mph with the elantra. Not quite as fun to drive as my Mazda3 was but much more economical.

Thanks, im also coming from a Silverado (07NBS CC), i bough it late October last year and i have 25,XXX miles on it now, so i decide to park it a home and get me a smaller car to commute to work and after 12 days I got almost 1100 miles on it. I did test drive a civic, corolla, focus and cobalt but i went with the Elantra, I think its the best bang for the buck out there if you donít care about brands and do care about price, space and mpgs the Elantra is the one to go with. And as you say it may not be as fun as a Mazda 3 or other cars but it sure does the commuting a lot easier on gas, I doubled my mpgs on this car so that mean less $$$ at the pump and I love that feeling that you can fill it up with around $40, and I donít have to pay $90 and even worst is that you got to stick your card twice since the first fill up goes up to $75 and you still missing near ľ tank.
dee67
Funny, Hyundai was the one dealer I've dealt with in the past 10 years that didn't want/need/try to sweeten me up to give them a good review with stuff - they earned it.

Hyundai dealer told me they'd contact me - and if for any reason I didn't feel they were a 10, he would like me to let him know where he came up short and give him the opportunity to make any issues I might have right.

Before I found Hyundai, I owned new Fords dating back to spring of '96 when I bought my Mustang GT. 4 trade in/ups later to fords, each (different) dealer be it sales guy or manager made offers of oil changes, floor mats, etc basically in exchange for a glowing review.. with no mention of my happiness at all. laugh.gif
Eric Z
my dealer asked me to rate him a 10 for similar reasons. he said he gets a $150 or $200 bonus if he gets a 10- anything lower is unacceptable. i think its interesting they are willing to give a free oil change for a 10. sounds like a bribe, doesn't it?
TxElantra
Yeah, next time the offer me a oil change, ill ask for 2 or more. biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.