Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picked up my first Elantra today
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
jourdanbennett
Hello - I just picked up my first Hyundai Elantra today. It is a White 2007 GLS with a sunroof. This is going to be my work commuter car. Any recommendations on some inexpensive bolt on mods? I am not looking to modify the vechical a ton, but some things might be nice. Thanks for the help.

JB
sarge
Welcome to da club!

You'll enjoy the Elantra I'm sure.
As far as mods go it'll depend on what type of mod you're looking for. I'm guessing performance/drive ability would be more what you're looking since you'll be mainly driving it. and not showing it.

If you've got a manual tranny I can't recall if the HD's have a clutch slave spring or not, but it'd be nice to not have that.
Vampyrate
first, welcome to the club and congrats!

second, i hate you, been looking for an elantra in my price range for 2 years and have no buyers for my grand am (4600 NADA value, selling for 4200 w/o radio and subs)
KaptKrunch
Since you also have an '07 GLS, you may hate the wheels as much as I do. I am going to get some 17" Tibby wheels when I can easily afford them.
bambad7
Welcome to the club!

I have an 07 Elantra Limited WITHOUT the sunroof package! I am told by dealers it is the rarest of the rarest because they used to always order limited with sunroof package in Texas. I use mine, identical to yours as my commute vehicle, and I really, really love it.

You will find, as I did, a virtual treasure trove of information on maintaining, modifying, detailing, etc. from people who really know what they are talking about in the Elantra Club. Bigs is my hero for getting me into the detailing bug!

Took me about 3 months to decide to become a lifetime member, as I am not a "joiner" in most things that come my way, but this is definitely the place to be if you want to learn almost anything about your Elantra!
Vampyrate
funny thing is, a few months after i became a lifetime member and while i was working on a deal with elantragt on buying his old grille, i totalled my hatch and now have the pontiac

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.