Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from Toronto!! Another 08 Elantra owner...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
R.C.
I've been visiting this site for about a month before buying the 2008 Elantra and finally picked it up on June 4 smile.gif

Brand new 2008 Elantra GLS Sport AT in Continetal Silver. The only option I got was having a block heater installed.

Right now she has 560km logged on and has averaged 8.3L/100KM with 50/50 city and Hwy. I'm trying to keep the RPM's between 2000 and 4000 as recommended in the manual for the first 1000KM so most times I'm playing with 3rd, 2nd and 1st and when cruising at 100km/h I have it in D which keeps the RPM's at about 2100. Anyway, from what I've been reading I hope that I will hit around the 7.8L/100KM or 30MPG for the Americans.

So far so good and I'm actually enjoying driving again smile.gif , I traded in my 99 Ford Taurus which was not fun to drive mostly the seats were not comfortable for me as I'm 5'5" and I think Ford makes cars for taller people. Plus the V6 likes to drink gas and it was time for major parts to be replaced. But the time before that I drove a 96 Accent GT which as a blast to drive and having a 4 year lease the Accent never had any problems with it. Just to bad I didn't get it with A/C back then sad.gif .

Anyhow here are some pics I took but not the greatest as it was over cast that day after I picked it up the the dealership. Enjoy...

Cheers.
Canadaman111
Nice looking car. I just live about 2 hours north of toronto. I bought a 08 GL back at the end of march.
Ishtar
Agincourrrrt represent!

We need another Elantra meet!
MEly
That looks sleek. I've actually never seen silver with the alloys - really liking it.
R.C.
Thanks everyone. I'm very happy with the Elantra and even more so hearing on the radio that Consumer Reports rated the Elantra Highly recommended over the Toyota Corolla.

Silver has always been my fav color of choice for a car but at the dealership they had a Carbon Gray on display and originally ordered that color... 3 weeks later and still nothing available and was told by the sale consultant that the computer shows it enroute to the dealer but where exactly it is he doesn't know. But he told me that only 4 in that color was arriving in that shippment for all of Toronto and the GTA. So we took the silver instead and glad we did as we all know that silver doesn't show the dirt and scratches as much compared to the darker color cars. Also, I find that the silver color make the car look bigger than it actually is.
sarge
nice lookin ride

I'm a fan of the silver - it's true how much the dirt doesn't show.
- also the same for a brown car... but really who wants that?

Weather's getting good - the beach was nice this weekend... meeeettt????
Ishtar
Heck yes my brotha... If you're driving. Or just lemme borrow the Fiero wink.gif
MEly
lol - I have this image of us all meeting up at the beaches on what's supposed to be an awesome nice day then have the same s**t happen that's been happening lately... spontaneous horrendous thunderstorm. Seriously, what's with the weather.

Err.. back on topic. tongue.gif
jacob
Welcome to the HD world.

I picked up my '08 GLS sport this spring and we've now got just over 10k kms on it. Our average mileage is 7.2L / 100km, with a mix of highway and town driving. I drive with a heavy foot so i'm pretty happy with the mileage I get.
R.C.
^

Thanks... I now have 1220km on the Odometer and 1.5 tanks through and the computer is reading 7.8L/100KM with about 50/50 hwy and city driving off peak rush hour. I've changed my drive habits and now have a safe light right and use the cruise on the hwy.

That reminds me to mention that my speedometer is 4 km/h slower than what my GPS registers. No problem for me.
Katou
Mine's at 12,500kms, and I'm logging around 6.9-7.1l/100km (mix of city and highway driving.) Can't complain!
R.C.
QUOTE (Katou @ Jun 27 2008, 09:33 AM) *
Mine's at 12,500kms, and I'm logging around 6.9-7.1l/100km (mix of city and highway driving.) Can't complain!

I filled up a couple of days ago and the gas station is about half a km away from the Hwy. I reset the "average L/100km" feature and got on to the hwy. Travelled 24km @ 100km/h with the cruise control on and got 6.3L/100KM biggrin.gif .

It's been acouple of days now and I too get between 6.8-7.1L/100KM and right now as my Elantra is sitting in the garage the computer is showing 6.8L/100KM... I'm loven' it biggrin.gif .So much better then the V6 Ford Taurus we had
James51
Can any of you please tell me where your block heater
screws into the engine block in simple terms.

Radiator side / Firewall side / towards the front of the engine / towards the tranny /
up high on the side / low and near the what?
Would greatly appreciate it.
cclngthr
QUOTE (James51 @ Nov 26 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Can any of you please tell me where your block heater
screws into the engine block in simple terms.

Radiator side / Firewall side / towards the front of the engine / towards the tranny /
up high on the side / low and near the what?
Would greatly appreciate it.

It replaces one of the freeze plugs. It does not screw in to the block. It is pressed in. Best to have a pro do it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.