Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift Knob threads???
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
Buzzssaw
I need a new shift knob for my 2003 Elantra GT 5 speed.

Before I go to Autozone...... What size threads do I need??????

I live in Phoenix, so we have Checker, Pep Boys and LOTS of Autozones.....
cobas
Okay, I have no idea what the threads are, but I wanted to say... why Autozone? I haven't been to that store in a long time, and I have nothing against it for common supplies, bulbs, wipers, etc... but if you're picking out a new shift knob for appearance, I'm sure there are hundreds online, and the ones I've seen in stores are pretty cheesy. No offense to anyone who bought their knobs at Autozone... although I'm not sure how that isn't...
elantragt
I highly recommend the Razo line of shift knobs. You can get them from a variety of sources online. They feature an innovative plastic sleeve system that creates a perfect thread to fit our shifter. Much better than the set screws you'll find on most aftermarket knobs.
Carbon08
Before I go to Autozone...... What size threads do I need??????

To answer this question, I believe to the best of my knowledge that the thread size is:

10 x 1.25 mm
cclngthr
QUOTE (Gearcat @ May 15 2005, 02:26 AM)
I wish there was something better for the automatic shift knob ... I hate that big ham fisted thing!  Although, it does make a good place to rest your hand when it's not on the wheel.

Same here. I like the shifter for the automatics that has a T handle that is angled so it is easy to grab onto.
Buzzssaw
You guys were absolute right..... The selection at all the local auto part places were CHEEEEEZY!!

Looks like I will start shopping on-line for one..
trololololo
i think i wrote a review about the aftermarket shift knobs for the automatic....

i got the carbon fiber one that APC/Matrix/3A Racing uses...

its a hassle...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.