Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TO Spring Meet
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > Canadian Members

View New Posts
Pages: 1, 2
sciphi
TO is an awesome city, and the Couch needs to be introduced to the awesomeness. Any ideas of when/where a meet could be held? Maybe sometime in late March or early April when we can all shake the winter crud off our machines and let the spring breezes flow through open windows.
sarge
I'm all for something!!
don't know where or when - but weekends will be spent more in TO after April 1 (well maybe, May 1 for sure)

maybe someone with a standard will do a test drive-swap, cause I wanna feel how another XD goes like
sciphi
I'd help you there, if my J2 was still around.

Mid-April would be decent for me. I'll need the break from school right about then.
MEly
I'm gonna sit back on the sidelines and see what you guys all decide. The next few months for me are a mess, but I'll try my best to make at least a couple hours to meet the Torontonians/Northern New Yorkers.
Ishtar
Mid April works for me. We should go for a bit of a road trip I know an awesome road about 1 hour out of the city smile.gif
Bigs
I'm with MEly... man, it's rough these past few months. I'll coast to see what's happening.
sarge
It's getting that time, nice and warm out.

Anyone got some weekend ideas?
Ishtar
This weekend...

I am a tad booked. Weekend after, not so much. I will need a ride though!

P.S. High probability of TTC Strike this weekend, could get ugly!
sciphi
April 26th I may be able to persuade my girlfriend to let me go for the day. This weekend's looking crappy, next weekend's right out because I'll be waking up with a wicked hangover that Saturday the 19th (free booze and food, only cost to me is having my suit altered and cleaned).
sarge
Well this weekend is right out for me...Packing up most of the g/f's stuff from London and moving it in.
In London for parts of the 26th weekend, likely back in TO Sat afternoon. After that I'm mainly in TO, no reason to travel every weekend (finally!)

Ish - what's with your ride?
sciphi - can't argue with free food/booze
Ishtar
Car is no longer in my possession. I have some unattended financial issues. 26th is out because I am moving back to Moms... dont laugh too hard.
MEly
Dude... that sucks to hear about your ride and living situation. Does your mom live in T.O at least?

As for me - the next couple weeks are rough with school winding down but I'll try to make it whenever it is (except this weekend... like I said). Oh... wait - crap... the next two weekends are passover. Ok, so I can't do the weekend after this one either, but the one after that should potentially be ok at least for a few hours.
sciphi
Hmm, and I'm busy the next weekend after the 26th (May 3-4) working and studying for finals, and the next weekend after that (May 10-11) I'm busy graduating from college.

Ish - sorry to hear about everything. Hope your situation works out! I'm about to graduate, and I'm moving right back in with my folks for the summer.
Sarge - definitely agreeing free booze/food will rock. Hopefully not rocking in prayer to the porcelain gods. It's carefully staged to get people lit by dinnertime, then stuffed full of carbs, then all the booze you can claw your way to the bar for. Also, when do you anticipate being back on the 26th? An evening BBQ could work.
Ishtar
We could do it May 3rd or 10th. May 3rd is my birthday so I have a thing planned that evening if ya'll are around. oiml8 may be there smile.gif
sarge
sciphi - likely back in TO around supper time, unless there's a final 'going out' in London that night... but I'm kinda doubting that

Ish - I think that could work out well for me, sciphi may need a break from studying too... wink.gif

I'd have to check with the g/f, but theres the possibility of a pullout couch available

Any new HD owners got plans in the coming month that could help pinpoint a date to meet up, hang out and get some grub?
sciphi
I'd have to check with my gf as well, make sure she's cool with me sneaking off for part of the day. And see where my studies are. That's right in the middle of my finals week.
MEly
lol, if you really want an HD there I can bring my mother's. It's practically brand new, even though she bought it in August. Hmm... then again, not sure she'd let me take her baby. smile.gif
sciphi
I'm kinda feeling poor. BBQ? I can supply a grill and sneak some hots across the border...
sarge
oh don't worry - I'm fairly broke too

BBQ on the 24th floor balcony = not good/illegal
- don't know what the deal would be for stealing a corner of a parking lot though
sciphi
Or a park? There has to be a park or something that a few guys can grill out in.
MEly
There's bound to be tons of places by May that have common BBQ areas. I know Woodbine Beach has a bunch of them, so I can only imagine how many others there must be around the place. I'll see if I can find any info.
Ishtar
The beaches, sunny brook park... lots of free BBQ places. If not, my Mom's backyard is pretty sweet.
sciphi
Wherever. As long as it can accommodate a fair number of cars and people. Others will likely show up out of the woodwork.

Sounds like we have the following people on board so far for Saturday May 3rd, time and place TBD:
sciphi (myself)
Ishtar
sargeants
MEly
Bigs
All depends how busy I am but I might show up... I won;t match the crowd but heck, it's also to meet people right!?
sarge
QUOTE (Bigs @ Apr 10 2008, 09:22 AM) *
All depends how busy I am but I might show up... I won;t match the crowd but heck, it's also to meet people right!?

Oh come on - these things are also for older people.... biggrin.gif

I'll also have the g/f along for the gathering, unless she doesn't really want to
sciphi
Bigs, we can be the oddballs. You for your reason, me for now driving a Buick.
Bigs
My reason: I drive a Chevy Aveo! lol Not age.. dang, I'm probably more active that most younguns!
MEly
QUOTE (sargeants @ Apr 10 2008, 12:39 PM) *
Oh come on - these things are also for older people.... biggrin.gif

I'll also have the g/f along for the gathering, unless she doesn't really want to

You're bringing your gf eh? I don't think mine would be too impressed if I dragged her along to something like this. Too much testosterone for her taste. wink.gif
sciphi
Yay for driving GM products (or GM-badged) to a Hyundai meet. We can be the "alumni section".

A quote seems appropriate: "Join the club because of the car, stick around because of the people".
sarge
well if we wanted - could make it a GM meet, just gotta get a battery and active insurance smile.gif
- if I was ready, there'd be a Fiero cruise Sunday...

I mentioned the meet to the g/f and think she'd be along with meeting at a park for a little bbq and hangin out. Though if I mention that it'll just be guys than maybe she won't come out - will see.
sciphi
Eh, frisbee knows no gender.

To making it a GM meet, no point if the Fiero's not ready. Although this one will have a bit of an Elantra alumni feeling to it.
Ishtar
May 10 FTW... or Victoria Day weekend?
MEly
Well Victoria Day weekend I'm definitely out. We booked a weekend in Niagara Falls that weekend. Still haven't run this all by the gf, gotta wait until a date is settled.
sciphi
May 10 I'll be busy dealing with my family up for my graduation. And Victoria Day I'm out of Buffalo for good, preparing for my move to South Carolina.
Ishtar
K so what day works then?
sciphi
Either May 3rd or April 26th.

Be a long day for you on the 3rd, though.
sarge
go for the 3rd!
sciphi
The 3rd I could do (as of right now).
Ishtar
During the day i can do it
sarge
sweet deal

Okay - so what's a good place to hang out?
Beaches? Lakeshore(can that be done)?
Ishtar
I say we meet at the Balmy Beach Canoe Club parking lot and go from there. I can secure a portable BBQ grille I think.
sciphi
I have a small propane grill that works for burgers, dogs, and did a great job on my friend's steak. Dogs and burgers I'll have to either hide really well or buy once across the border. The border's kinda strict these days.

Sarge, I'll see if a friend can't pick the tires and wheels up for me when he goes home this weekend.
sarge
don't worry about the burgers/dogs - I think I could manage getting some if we get some numbers figured out of who all's coming.

so far it seems as though it's the 3 of us plus the g/f
The beaches is awesome for me - mere minutes from my new place

*Thanks for the deal on the tires - excited now
Ishtar
Dave -- Don't forget you can't bring Propane across the border!

Here is the Location:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&a...=14&iwloc=A
sciphi
Leave propane at home, check. The grill is still coming, though.

That looks like a good location. Grill, chat, toss a frisbee around, relax.

No problem. I can't use them anymore, so it's nice to see they're going to a good home.
Ishtar
sweetness
sciphi
Should we post up on EXD about this, or keep it EC only?
Ishtar
Yah why not.
sciphi
Posted on EXD.
MEly
Sorry I haven't been chiming in lately. One of my buddies is leaving to Amsterdam on the 5th and we're supposed to be having a going away party for him that weekend (he's going for the summer). Thing is - I'm not sure if it's going to be on the Saturday or Sunday and that will have a major bearing on whether I can make it or not.

Although I've already met Steve, I'd really like to meet our other Western NY (sciphi ... Dave?), and Southern ON (Joe), member(s).

Hey - just wondering, I know Levonida was at the last meet - what's happened to him of late?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.