Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 01-03 designation RD or XD
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
sid2jynx
So, now that the pressing issue is over, I noticed that the 01-03 Elantras seem to have been forgotten. During my research I noticed that the Elantra J1 was from 1992-1995, the Elantra RD was from 1996-2000, the Elantra XD was from 2004-2006 and the Elantra HD is from 2007 to current. So, what are the 2001-2003 Elantra's known as?

Thanks
Tracy
Bobzilla
Actually, the XD is the 01-03 and the XD2 is the 04-06. The 96-00 were the J2's (although the new HMA has since changed that). The Tib's were the RD from 96-98 and the 99-01 was the RD2.
sid2jynx
Ahhh, Thanks for the info. The HMA web site doesn't list the XD1 or XD2 they only list the XD and thats from 2004-2006. So, there was no way to for me to pull up the fuse box diagram for my 2002 GT. I looked at the 2004 fuse box and figured it was close if not the exact same.

Tracy
Doohickie
You can find the 2002 fuse box by going in like you normally do, go to ETM for Elantra XD, *then* click on the Shop tab, and go back to ETM. The 01-03 model years magically show up; don't ask me why.

(NOTE: 02 fuse box is NOT identical to 04!)
sid2jynx
I see, actually the 2004 fuse box looks closer to the what my fuse box looks like. There are 2 spare fuses below the bottom row of fuses and 2 spare fuses on the left side of the fuses. The 2002 diagram shows all 4 spares on the left.

How did you figure that out?

Tracy
Bobzilla
He's a fart smeller. . I mean smart feller.
Doohickie
I'm pretty familiar with the old site, so I know what *should* be in there. I noticed that sometimes it popped up out of nowhere and that seems to be what works.
sid2jynx
Excellent, and thanks again for the info.

Tracy
KeWLKaT
On a side note: the fuse box diagram is right under the lid, why would you need it?
popeye
To compare notes?
Bobzilla
Or the sticker fell off? Or was accidentally removed?
trololololo
my sticker peeled off on the interior fuse panel.

sux.
cobas
I emailed HMAService about the missing 01-03 data and they said they'd tell whoever is supposed to fix it to fix it.... but that was about a week ago or more.
elantragt
That was probably the same person at Hyundai I told to bring the i30 hatch here and not the wagon! laugh.gif
sid2jynx
Well the reason for needing the diagram is the the picture on the back of the lid is very brief. Fuse 25 says something like I-Room, maybe can't quite remember, I'll try to get a picture and see if I can upload it. I wanted to know exactly what the fuse was responsible for and the in car diagram couldn't do that.

As for HMA getting the 01-03, should I hold my breath? B)

Thanks
Tracy
Doohickie
Oh... Fuse 25? We got that covered too. I'm not sure if that has a complete list of what's on that fuse; if not I'll add it.
sid2jynx
Ahh, so fuse 25 is a well known culprit biggrin.gif .

I have a 2002 Elantra GT and my fuse 25 is a 15amp fuse. The linked document states that the XD(01-03) have it as a 10amp fuse though. Ahh well goes in line with my fuse box looking for like the XD2's anyway.

Tracy
sarge
and it all boils down to the famous 25 - whodathunkit?

I think my 03GT has a 15amp fuse too - maybe it was one of those huge fuse bins where a bunch were stored and someone just grabbed a random one and installed..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.