Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone want to help me replace my clutch?
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Regional > U.S. Club Members > The Midwest

View New Posts
saturn
my clutch is slipping pretty bad.

I bought a fidanza flywheel and I'm about to buy the ACT clutch kit (HY1-HDSS #2088 "performance street disc") - problem is I lack the tools, talent, location (I have a garage but no lift or decent jack) and knowledge to do the work all by myself.

anyone out there want to trade beer/pizza/good times, or just plain cash, for helping me take care of this?

I have a friend who normally helps me but he's extremely busy with school.

I am basically broke otherwise I'd just have a mechanic or the dealer do it.

and by the way, I'm not totally useless - I've replaced belts, starters, spark plugs, wires, rotors, calipers, etc... even did my own CAI, just never a clutch before. so it's about 40% guidance 60% "this is how you do it"

anyone?
gonzo777
Sounds like you need a 'Midwest Meet'!
RHINESEL
Topic moved to the Midwest forum.
KeWLKaT
I would help you if you drove here hah
saturn
I would if it wasn't a 12 hour drive on a bad clutch sad.gif

but thanks anyway
okok
Try craigslist.org,you may be able to find somebody who can give you a good deal on labor cost.
sciphi
Damn, I have done it, just I borrowed the tools to do it.

Yeah, a lot of jacks are needed. As well as an impact gun and sockets. The more the better.

It's a 6 hour drive, otherwise I'd drive down for a weekend to help.
saturn
the friend who helps me says he'll help me

problem is the credit card I was going to use is maxed out (hint: a majority of the purchases were not things for me... and it wasn't fraud or anything)

so it looks like it's going to have to wait until I can get the clutch now. thanks though!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.