Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to the track friday
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone > Elantra Racing

View New Posts
Midnightsky
Ok i'm takin my lantra to the track friday to see what times i can grab. I will post times asap after i get home. Mods include an SRI w/K&N, removed second cat, stock res replaced with baffled res, stock muffler replaced with dynomax super turbo muffler, tires are kuhmo ecsta SPT's 205/40/R17 Z-rated. I hope i can get some interesting times to post, wish me luck thumbsup.gif
Seinster
Hello!
I just stopped by to wish you good luck. smile.gif
driving.gif
Ishtar
Don't worry you'll have plenty of things to think about during your 16 second run smile.gif
elantraelite
You'd have even longer to think in the Accent too 676.gif
Bobzilla
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Jun 8 2007, 07:25 AM)
Don't worry you'll have plenty of things to think about during your 16 second run smile.gif

Probably 17 on his first.
Ishtar
point taken.
Bobzilla
You know, I've run multiple vehicles down the infamous 1/4 mile at IRP. It's just not fun unless you're running 12's.
Midnightsky
lol i think it should be fun.......if i can afford the track fees...........i don't think i'm going now because of that sad.gif

...........update..............
My budget kicked me in the bawlz and I can't afford to go anymore, and when i do go i think i'm taking all the door panels off and the front passenger seat, and if i can figure it out quickly the rear seat and of course my subs will be taken out lol i may as well give myself a chance at a better time.
sarge
Track fees???
How much is it to run some passes for the night?

I know there's a strip near London that I've gone to in my Fiero, and was only $20 for a night (6-10) - unlimited passes.

You should be able to get a good 16s run out of it. I'm only guessing from what I've read about the Elantra's and comparing it to my Fiero. I got a 15.8 with it - 20yr stock 2.8(v6) 4spd. First run ever was 17.2, then 16.4 and worked up to my 15.8. Reaction time helps out and not to have the revs pegged at the line, cause you want to actually grab rather than sit and spin.
*this is from experience with my couple passes - correct me if I'm wrong*

Did you get out, get a time?

SS
jeremy
just wanted to say good luck. thumbsup.gif when u get the money. and don't listen to anybody. it's fun to race your car any time. 12 seconds or not.
Midnightsky
No I still have not been able to go out, now that I have decided to keep the Elantra I will wait till I replace my clutch and flywheel then take it to the track.
trololololo
i thought you were selling the clutch and flywheel?

well... the shifts are what throw alot of drivers off by seconds... its exponential

anyway.. Good luck... don't forget to bring a friend with a video camera !

and i've heard of people with 15.9 with just intake and exhaust...

anyway... good luck again.... !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.