Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WRC Rally Videos!
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone

View New Posts
cobas
I don't know of any legal way to see coverage of the 2007 World Rally Championship in the US, especially since Speed Channel replaced their coverage with "Pinks," or left-turn racing or kids racing in go-karts or whatever BS they replaced it with. Anyway, I recently got word of these three sites which have the full rally coverage available for download. Note that's 1GB of video per rally, broken into 250MB files.... just something to do while you... sleep. Also, keep in mind running those websites takes quite a bit of storage and bandwidth if a lot of people start downloading.

http://enormouslysideways.net/DoubleUAreSea/

Also, in other news, if you wanted to know how fast these rally cars could be if they weren't restricted... enter the Citroen C4 Rally Cross: 2.0L four-cylinder turbo: 518hp, 4WD, sequential gearbox... 0-60 in 2.39 seconds. The europeans have a very different definition of "rallycross," than Americans.
mtlelantra
You rock!!!!
WRC WRC WRC WRC WRC!!!!!!!
I'd give my left nut for one of those cars!
cobas
Heard a new one on rally Corsica I just watched. Gronholm said the car started well but then felt "nervous," (or something to that effect) on the last few miles. Apparently the brakes were getting very hot, which heated the wheels, which heated the tires, which raised the air pressure and made the car more unstable as it got hotter. I think Sebastian Loeb must be assassinated for the good of the sport.
mtlelantra
QUOTE (cobas @ May 29 2007, 11:38 PM)
I think Sebastian Loeb must be assassinated for the good of the sport.

tongue.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif
cobas
Some corporate propaganda videos from Suzuki about the upcoming SX4 WRC ('08). The latest is the gravel testing and R&D video. There's basically a lot of talking about Suzuki's "philosophy," or whatever and how rigid the chassis is in between some dirt power-sliding clips at the begining and end. Not much specifics but you catch this tidbit:

320hp , 470lb-ft torque, well on its way to WRC-like power levels.

http://www.suzuki-wrc.com/movie/e/index.html
cobas
Suzuki is withdrawing from WRC for 2009.... and worse... so is Subaru!! ohmy.gif

They changed the rules and in the future they're using 2.0L N/A cars instead of turbocharged ones, and apparently the carmaking business is getting rough, so... Subaru, Suzuki, exit stage left... sad.gif

This might be the end of WRC, I mean who does that leave? Ford and Citroen and a bunch of private drivers. Hm.
SWortham
QUOTE (cobas @ Dec 16 2008, 02:16 PM) *
Suzuki is withdrawing from WRC for 2009.... and worse... so is Subaru!! ohmy.gif

They changed the rules and in the future they're using 2.0L N/A cars instead of turbocharged ones, and apparently the carmaking business is getting rough, so... Subaru, Suzuki, exit stage left... sad.gif

This might be the end of WRC, I mean who does that leave? Ford and Citroen and a bunch of private drivers. Hm.

I read that about Subaru just today. That was a bit of a shock.

But my guess is that they will re-join the WRC again some day.
davids03xd
Speaking of rally and off roading, has any one taken a Elantra on a dirt track rallying ?
cobas
While it's still under warranty? Are you nuts? (ignore the signature photos)
davids03xd
No, has anyone specifically built one up for off road here ? I was just interested to see.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.