Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winged Warrior III
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone > Elantra Racing

View New Posts
Bobzilla
Yesterday was the Winged Warrior III event at ORP (formerly known as IRP). All the procededs (including our $100! admission fee) was donated to the Riley's Children Hospital Cheer Guild. GREAT cause. GReat fun!!!

So the 100-ish cars were seperated into 6 classes loosely based on NASA rules (not space). I and Jason were the two Hyundais slugging it out in the lowest class, F. It was a Domestic vs Import with 4 Auto-x runs on a HUGE course and 5 dragstrip runs down IRP's infamous 1/4-mile. It was hot. Very hot on track.

F class was paired with A-class for all the events. We auto-x'd first, then hit the dragstrip with the cars really warm! The 5 drag runs were like hot laps. No more than 5 minutes between finish and line-up. Track temp was pushing 90. HOT I tell you. When my CAI is hot to the touch, it's definately warm!

so results, then pictures. Best dragstrip run was with AMy Lee singing in my ears LOUD while lined up against Jasons GT. I ran a 16.6 @83mph. Our class was dominated by the domestics there. THe SSR and Ion Redline ran 14's, theCTS a 15.4. Slowest was an 86 Fiero with an 18.01!

The auto-x was dominated by the Imports. The two Lancers ran 1:05.xx's, a Neon from the FW region ran a 1:06.xx. Haven't gotten official results yest but I was about midpack from there. I ran a 1:07.995. THere were a ton of poorly driven A-class cars running 1:15's to 1:20's! Best A class run was 58.xx.

Now to the Pics:

NY2002ElantraGT
i said it on EXD, I'll say it hear:

Nice pics, Great Cause...... Sounds like a fun, i mean hot day!

mainly because im a whore!
ricerrx7
Sounds fun! What kind of car was lined up behind you in the sixth pic?
NY2002ElantraGT
looks like a civic
Bobzilla
S2000. He was in Class A. I think it was supercharged.
Silentwolf
Looks like fun. Definitly something i'd have to come up and do once i move to AR.
silet
That looks like a lot of fun!!! Nice numbers on the 1/4 mile thumbsup.gif Did you max out in third?
Bobzilla
CLose. Speedo was almost to 90.

Actual results were: 4th in class Auto-x, 10th in drags and 11th in car show. Netted me an overall 8th of 12.

THe 3 faster cars in auto-x were: Lancer Ralliart w/ K-sports 1:04.71, Neon 1:06.08, LAncer Ralliart on Eibachs 1:07.68 and me at 1:07.97

Drags. . . well considering that besides the Neon I had the lowest HP rating of the group I wans't upset!
J-son
QUOTE (Bobzilla @ May 13 2007, 07:09 PM)
CLose.  Speedo was almost to 90. 

Actual results were:  4th in class Auto-x, 10th in drags and 11th in car show.  Netted me an overall 8th of 12. 

THe 3 faster cars in auto-x were: Lancer Ralliart w/ K-sports 1:04.71, Neon w/SRT struts and Hochkins lowering springs 1:06.08, LAncer Ralliart on Eibachs 1:07.68 and me at 1:07.97

Drags. . . well considering that besides the Neon I had the lowest HP rating of the group I wans't upset!

Thought I would fill in the bold for ya on the neon Bob.
Toecutter
Great pictures guys! Looks like you had a blast. Indiana isn't that far from Wisconsin. Maybe nest year I could join you guys.
Alex2013GT
that looks awsome and a lot of fun. . . I would love to do something like that drooling.gif
J-son
Well, there is always next year bro. Look for the new thread for WW 4!!! With all the details smile.gif

Oh, and here are some photos of my car in action. Mind you I was slower than BOB...BASTARD!!!!

Sorry, I know they are not 800x600, but oh well... omg2.gif

I like the one were I am in the air!!! GREAT COURSE!!! You guys really missed out if you did not reg the car when I had it posted up back in January. Maybe next year smile.gif

JM
Bobzilla
Some FANTASTIC pics HERE
J-son
Well, Bob, uhh??? Did you ever get lucky smile.gif I got a whole 12 pictures of my car. Figures...when you are slow, that is what you get angry-bangheadonwall.gif

Car looks great in there bro smile.gif

JM
J-son
Bob, you got 66 photos to chose from bud...YOU DA MAN!!!
Silentwolf
Nice Noble there
J-son
QUOTE (Silent Wolf @ May 17 2007, 10:49 PM)
Nice Noble there

Yeah and the owner was a very cool guy smile.gif We talked through out most of the event. smile.gif I was hoping he would let me drive it...YEAH RIGHT smile.gif
Bobzilla
^^ Ditto on the NOble guy. I was expecting a stuck up. . .well you know. Too bad he was scared of the car.
oiml8
Looks like it was a blast. I wish I could have made it down. I have a trailer now so if there is a 2 day race around your area let me know. I haven't seen anything on MyAutoEvents but not every place is putting things up there.
Bobzilla
Hey Scott, I'm planning on hittin the Tire Rack on Aug 5th in South Bend. Interested?
oiml8
I was more thinking about the following weekend because it is a two day event but let me check into it.
Bobzilla
Is it? That would work for me too. That would allow me to run our event down here.
J-son
There is a two day event at Tire Rack this weekend. But I will be home here FW racing instead. I will be at the Aug one though.

BTW: A few shots from the 12 that were taken of my car at the event. I can see that I have the suspension set up great; now the driver needs to attack the course more... 676.gif

http://jgardner.smugmug.com/photos/153467332-M.jpg
http://jgardner.smugmug.com/photos/153467501-M.jpg
http://jgardner.smugmug.com/photos/153467529-M.jpg
Silentwolf
No pics.
J-son
try links instead. i can see them when they were img files...ummm
Bobzilla
I was suprised to see so many of me too. I'm thinking it was because I looked a lot like all the White Evo's and they started snapping pics before they realized it was just a Hyundai!

Whatever, I'll take what I got!
J-son
Here is a little collage I made from two of the best shot of the day.

And a close up of the air shot...

Later... happy-wavehello6.gif
Frick
It's a small world sometimes. In the background you see the guy with the yellow hat? That's my friend leaning on his Audi S4. I'm in the black shirt.

There were some cool cars there, I got to sit in Exige. It wasn't to bad, I'm 6'3" and I fit ok. I don't know if you saw the kid with the 80's Ford (I think it was a Festiva) that was running in B class. It was a pure drag car, it couldn't take off, but once he got going and hit the NOX it went like hell. I vaguely recall him hitting 110 in the quarter mile, sadly I didn't get to see him in the AutoX.

Very nice looking cars both of you!
Bobzilla
It was a Plymouth Colt with an Evo Drivetrain minus the rearend/center diff. His best recorded time was 13.64.

Results HERE
J-son
Why didn't you come up and say hello...you weird skeird wernt you....LMAO?

Bob and I are friendly, I promise Frick!!!
Frick
QUOTE (J-son @ Aug 27 2007, 05:53 PM)
Why didn't you come up and say hello...you weird skeird wernt you....LMAO?

Bob and I are friendly, I promise Frick!!!

Well if I had found this site before then I probably would have. I lived in Indy for 5 years before moving to Elkhart just over 1 year ago. I still head down to Indy occasionally to visit friends so we'll have to have a beer sometime.

Bob, you don't by chance know another SCCA racer name Carl Fuhrman do you?
J-son
QUOTE (Frick @ Aug 27 2007, 10:29 PM)
Well if I had found this site before then I probably would have.  I lived in Indy for 5 years before moving to Elkhart just over 1 year ago.  I still head down to Indy occasionally to visit friends so we'll have to have a beer sometime. 

Bob, you don't by chance know another SCCA racer name Carl Fuhrman do you?

My Mom and Step dad live near Elkart. Cool stuff

I might head up that way next weekend...not sure though. The live off the Indiana and Mich line, I think they call the road Stat Line Road. You can really top put a car on the road....HEHEHE smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.