Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBD (OBD-II) Code Readers
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Marketplace > The Vendor Zone

View New Posts
Jay-M
ElantraClub Members,

I am Jay-M, a long time and a very good member/seller of RDTiburon.com and I'm very glad to be a in your forum. I have been invited here by a couple of your own who have bought some of my products and are very happy with them.

I would like to introduce some of my products that I have been selling for quite some time now with great success and reviews.

Here is a thread that mentions about my products here in ElantraClub.com http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php...c=14600&hl= (thanks so much kewlkat)

------------------------------------------------

*** On Sale!!! ***

OBD Code Reader and Eraser

- Basic, compact, stylish and lightweight: One button for read and another for clear
- Compatible with all OBD protocols
- Comes with a manual which includes an error code list (For Hyundai vehicles, you can always use www.hmaservice.com for more details on the error code)

$38 Shipped (North America +$6 for International)

OBD (OBD-II) Scantools

With the use of the right software, these OBD scantools are far more useful than just reading the CEL error code. It is a complete advance diagnostic tool that will look at most or even all of the functions of the car. It is a very handy tuning tool or just something cool to show your friends. Here are some of the readings that you can derive from it:

Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)
Display current sensor data, including:
Engine RPM
Calculated Load Value
Coolant Temperature
Fuel System Status
Vehicle Speed
Short Term Fuel Trim
Long Term Fuel Trim
Intake Manifold Pressure
Timing Advance
Intake Air Temperature
Air Flow Rate
Absolute Throttle Position
Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
Fuel System status
Fuel Pressure
Freeze Frame data
Continuous and Non-Continuous Oxygen Sensor test results
Data graphing and logging

Single Protocol Scantool - RS232/Serial

- Lightweight, robust, sleek and powerful
- Connects to a computer's Serial Port or RS232 (USB Version is now available for another $21. Please let me know if you are interested or check it's details below vvv)
- This unit powers up through the OBD diagnostic port with bi-coloured LEDs showing power and the current logic status
- I will personally include the 3 (or more of the) best softwares that I've found very useful in a CD

**Very Important Note:**
This unit is will only work with ONE OBD protocol (PWM, VPW or ISO) . By default, I will be sending the ISO protocol unit (Hyundai vehicles and almost all of the imports uses this). Please let me know if you need a unit for a different protocol. For more information regarding vehicle protocol and compatiblility, please visit here http://www.scantool.net/browseCV.html

I have limited stock of the ISO units due to it's demand, i apologize for this inconvience.

$65 Shipped (North America +$10 for International)

ISO Protocol Scantool - USB

**New housing design**

**Very Important Note:**
This unit is only available in the ISO protocol (Hyundai, Most Asian and European manufacturers use this)
Here is a LIST (<---click here) of vehicles that utilizes this protocol

- same features Single Protocol Scantool - RS232/Serial but it utilizes USB
- very compact design and very lightweight
- the USB and the OBD connector(s) has been directly integrated into the unit (less wire clutter)

This is great for fellas here with a laptop that doesnt have any serial port available. Due to the demand of these units I also have limited quantities, i apologize for this inconvience as well

$90 Shipped (North America +$10 for International)

Multi Protocol Scantool Unit - Serial, USB or Bluetooth

**New housing design** This is how the new Multi Protocol Scantool - Serial looks like now... (click on the pic to enlarge)

- very compact design and very lightweight
- the USB and the OBD connector(s) has been directly integrated into the unit (less wire clutter)

- Same features as the previous unit (Single Protocol Scantool) except, it is more powerful! It is compatible with all of the OBD (OBD-II) protocols (all vehicles)
- I will personally include the 3 (or more of the) best softwares that I've found very useful in a CD
- Connects to a computer's Serial Port or RS232 (There is USB version is available for another $37 or a Bluetooth version for another $68 Please let me know if you are interested)

This is my personal favorite because i can get it to work with virtually all of the vehicle that i need to tune or diagnose. This is the best choice if you have different cars or will be buying another.

Serial - $118 Shipped (Anywhere in North America +$12 for International)

This is exactly the same unit as scantool.net is selling http://www.scantool.net/products/product_i...;products_id=21 (just different cosmetics) but cheaper (shipping and handling are already included)

also available in:

USB - $149 Shipped (Anywhere in North America +$12 for International)

Bluetooth - $180 Shipped (Anywhere in North America +$12 for International)

Payment and Shipping Information

I can take Money Order, Western Union or Paypal (preferred!). My paypal address is jay_m05@yahoo.com

I ship through Canada Post Expedited Service (with tracking) for North American shipments and it usually takes a week and a half or less (depending on your location) for your package to arrive. For International shipments, I use Canada Post Small Packet Airmail Service and it will usually take a week and a half (depending on your location) for your package to arrive.

I have these units on hand (except if its otherwise noted) and I ship out right away after the payment clears

Warranty, Returns and Exchanges Policy:

- There is a 1 (one) year warranty against manufacturers defect on these units. I will replace your unit with another!
- In an event where you have decided to exchange for another unit or a better model (upgrade), It has to be within 30 days from the receipt of the package. The unit has to be clean, no damages or scratches, in good working condition and all of the cables, packaging and software disk are present. You will have to pay for shipping and handling both ways (plus the price difference for the newer/better model, if you have decided to upgrade). Please understand that these are hard costs.
- If you are not satisfied or just having a hard time getting it to work with your car/laptop and finally just giving up for any reasons at all, i can do refunds. It has to be within 30 days from the receipt of the package and you will have to pay for the shipping and handling since these are a hard costs. The unit has to be clean, no damages or scratches, in good working condition and all of the cables, packaging and software disk are present

If you have any questions or concerns just let me know or read more about OBD here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Board_Diagnostics to fully understand these units

Thank you so much.. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns...

- Jay-M
Jay-M
Pictures/Screenshots of of these units in action:

*Note(s)*
These are ACTUAL pictures and screenshots from my own car(s) and others. I have tested and "played" around with these units personally.

OBD Code Reader/Clearer:

Easy to use, very simple procedure:

Once you see the CEL on...
- Plug in the code reader into the OBD port, hit READ
- The code reader will flash the code 3 times. Once you see the code, look it up in the manual booklet or webtech to identify it
- Diagnose/troubleshoot and fix the problem
- Hit the Clear button to erase the code

--------------------------------

OBD Scantool(s):

Scantool and Laptop Pics

EasyOBD Software (Included in the CD-ROM) Screenshots

I deliberately introduced an OBD error (CEL)

Scantool.Net Software (Included in the CD-ROM) Screenshots

ScanMaster Software (Included in the CD-ROM) Screenshots:

----------------------------------------------

COM Port Settings:

(based on tanc's thread here... http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20585&hl= here are some more additional info about the com port settings)

there are two ways to change the com port # of your rs232 or serial port, that i know of... one is windows based and the other is dos..

since, i windows is the least complicated one, here's how it goes:

Go to the Control panel, then to the System Menu, then to the Hardware Tab, hit the Device Manager button, scroll down to Ports (COM & LPT), select Port settings (here you could change your bit rate), then click the Advanced button, and there you go! you can change your com port #'s from here.

Also while your are on this menu.. try leaving "FIFO" selected and Set the recieve and the transmit buffers to lowest setting. Then save your settings

USB Scantool COM Port Settings:

(based on drivingtibnaked's settings)

On the USB multi protocol scantool. The com ports and programs will function the same with the rest of the scantools.

Most of the software will work right away. Some of them stalled or something the first time around and I changed my USB port, restarted and got all but some of the experimental programs to work.

These are my com port settings first time plugged in everything worked correctly. Right click my computer, click manage, device manager, ports (LPT and COM), then select the USB Serial port.

Bits per second: 9600

Data bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: none

Advanced:

Com port number: com4

Receive (bytes): 4096

Transmit(bytes): 4096

Latency timer(msec): 16

minimum read timeout (msec):0

minimum write timeout (msec):0

In all your programs select COM4, 9600, search around and see if there is an option for "ELM" and select that one. Leave any other settings as they are. This should work for everyone

Also, if anyone has "questions" regarding Digimoto, PM me wink.gif

-----------------------------------

Reviews and Comments from my Customers:

please refer to my RDTiburon thread for more info: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=20072

Supercow:
"just to put in some experience with these, I bought the 2nd one off jay a while back and it works great! You can read all kinds of info and buying one of these units at autozone or someplace like that is alot more expensive and is capable of a lot less."

tibby01:
"good prices man.
i have the single protocol ISO scantool.net reader hooked up to my carpc and it works great."

Bboyitim:
"Good prices keep getting better! Thanks for the PM's. Very efficient. :fing02: :fing02: :fing02:"

Kantizuni
"Got my OBD interface in the mail today! w00t!
Gonna test it out on my laptop tonight/tomorrow. smile.gif"

2000CoupèFX
"I recieved mine today. Looking really good. I don't have a chance to test it right now , cause I'm really sick.
Thanks a lot man."

DrivingTibNaked
"Bump for customer satisfaction!
These code readers are invaluable tools and at a very good price.. You spend $150 for a USB model here, that does everything the $200-$500 hand-held model at Autozone does, but this one is on the computer. You can also have access to all kinds of information that the hand-held $2-500 models don't, like 1/4th mile times and dyno charts. You can also post your error codes/sensors data online by using screen shots.
Seriously people. Take advantage of this great deal Jay-M is giving us. This tool will not go out of date any time soon, it can be used on yours or your buddy's car or the guy who breaks down outside your house, they're small, lightweight, and come with a lifetime supply of burritos.

Disclaimer: Jay-M, DrivingTibNaked, and ELM units have nothing to do with a lifetime supply of burritos. You can purchase your lifetime supply of burritos at walmart with the money you saved from not going to tuner shops."

tanc:
"After getting everything sorted out, the obd programs and unit runs like a charm.
I'd recommend these to anyone who wants to read every sensor their car has. ;P"

Frozen:
"got the usb obd tool, works great!"

KeWLKaT
"I got it off Jay-M on RdTib. This thing is wonderful.
I got the multi-protocol version which means it should work with 99% of cars with OBD-II in them."

"112$ It's a steal!
It's even cheaper than most handheld models that only give you trouble codes"

KeWLKat’s thread and video clip:

http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php...topic=14600&hl=
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21773

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBC6pC7OIew

... and many more....
oiml8
Do any of your units monitor a/f readings?
Jay-M
^^^
Thanks so much for the question...

Yes any of the OBD Scantool Units will monitor the a/f readings based on the car's narrowband o2 sensor.

also, depending on the software; it'll be based on a % over or under the stoichiometry (14.7 afr) level and with a notification of "Rich" or "Lean"

Just take a look at the following screenshots: (focus on the o2 sensor and the short/long term fuel trims)

cobas
I have one of these too, the Serial - ISO only model. It's exactly what I need and the price is great compared online with other sellers. I get exactly the screen shown in the screenshots, updates about 2/sec. I'm looking forward to seeing the effect of a CAI I should be getting soon on the intake temperature and intake manifold pressure and I'll post about that. It comes with a bunch of different programs and you can find even more online since the hardware is kind of standardized. Seems useful for repairs, tuning mods or just for curiosity like me.
Jay-M
^^^
hey cobas,

thanks for your input and for inviting me here as well, much appreciated smile.gif
Jay-M
no interests here at all??? sad.gif
any questions? comments? anyone? i'm happy to answer them

To recap...

- With the OBD Code Reader, you will be able read (and then clear) your vehicle's CEL(s) so you can diagnose troubleshoot what's wrong with your vehicle. Plus, there's no more trips to Autozone (for the US guys)!

- The OBD Scantool will let you know everything you have to know with whats going on with your vehicle, including the trouble codes! It will take all of the information from your vehicle's sensor and display it on your carputer/laptop screen. This is very handy for people who are DIY'ers, tuners and it is a very good "show" tool.

- All of my customers are very happy and satisfied with the product and my service (POST # 2 feedbacks) also, I accept returns and do refunds!

----------------------------

update2.gif

This is how the new ISO Protocol Scantool - USB looks like now...

it is more lighter, smaller and less clutter(y). The USB and the OBD connector(s) has been directly integrated into the unit instead of having 2 seperate cables.

Thank You so much,

- Jay-M
KeWLKaT
guys! buy these while they're hot! they are WAY cheaper than the shit canadian tire or pepboys handheld that dont tell you ANYTHING but the trouble codes and those go for like 200$+!!!
XD_ADVOCATE
so which one do you recommend?
Jay-M
XD_ADVOCATE, Everyone...

Here are a few guidelines to help you decide:

- Do you need something just to read the CEL codes or do more than that?
- Are you planning to use this just for your Hyundai or other (brand) vehicles?
- Does your carputer/laptop have a Serial/RS232 port? Does it only have USB? or does it have both?

Essentially, the Multi Protocol Scantool Unit is the way to go. It is compatible with all of the OBD protocols out there!

btw, KeWLKaT had that one

I hope that will help you decide
KeWLKaT
Exactly.

I got the multi-protocol serial one. Have used it on a variety of vehicles until now and practically re-made the cash I paid for it until now by charging 10-15$ a scan.
XD_ADVOCATE
i guess its good to get that one since there are about 5 cars in my house... how long do i have to get you the money?
Jay-M
XD_ADVOCATE,

Yes getting the multi protocol unti will be the sound decision especially when you have different cars with different makes (brand).

As far as getting me the payment... it's all up to you, i'll work with you on it! I stock these myself, just let me know when you are ready. Just be mindful though that the demand is pretty high for these units that sometimes i have to wait for my next shipment to come in to get my stocks replenished... but for most parts, i have them in! smile.gif

Oh, check the payment info on the first post

Thanks,
Jay-M
Bump for a great deal!!!
Frank
I am interested in the multi-protocol unit. I was wondering if this model can display 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, and so on. Also does this unit also have a "dyno" feature as I have noticed that some models I have looked at on other sites have these features. Just getting some info before I take the plunge.
cobas
Jay might correct me if I'm wrong, but except for the simple code-reader, i think all the interfaces report vehicle speed from the speed sensor and RPM. After that it's all software on the PC that calculates 0-60, quarter mile times / mph and horsepower, sort of like a crude G-Tech (that is also a calculation/timer but it has its own physical accelerometer). I would bet the times get screwed up if you spin the wheels on launch.
KeWLKaT
Yeah. I am still looking for good software with dataloggin properties, let me know if you find any.
Jay-M
^^^
KeWLKaT,

How's it going? I think i might have something for you! I just need to do some research and tests on it and if it is a success... i will send it your way smile.gif I will also include this in my software disc

QUOTE (Frank @ Apr 18 2007, 07:10 PM)
I am interested in the multi-protocol unit. I was wondering if this model can display 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, and so on. Also does this unit also have a "dyno" feature as I have noticed that some models I have looked at on other sites have these features. Just getting some info before I take the plunge.

QUOTE (cobas @ Apr 19 2007, 12:53 AM)
Jay might correct me if I'm wrong, but except for the simple code-reader, i think all the interfaces report vehicle speed from the speed sensor and RPM. After that it's all software on the PC that calculates 0-60, quarter mile times / mph and horsepower, sort of like a crude G-Tech (that is also a calculation/timer but it has its own physical accelerometer). I would bet the times get screwed up if you spin the wheels on launch.

Frank,

Thanks so much for your interest and thanks for the Email(s).

cobas is absolutely right! All of my scantools are ready for 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, dyno and so on... You just have to get a software that can decode all of that info/calculations and display it on your pc/laptop screen. Now when we talk about sofware(s)... the ones included in my disc are freewares and can't do the functions you are looking for.

For the functions you are looking for, i recommend getting the Digimoto software! You can download the program but you need to purchase a serial key to fully activate it and use all of it's functions.

here is a sample screenshot of the dyno function: http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?act=att...ype=post&id=319

plus: the results of any of the dyno or the 1/4 mile et using the scantool software is not going to 100% accurate to the real thing since the program is just using the speed, duration, distance taken/driven (calculated from the wheel/tire diameter and rotations) throttle or load, estimated weight, etc through the it's own algorithm calculations and also from the info that the user has inputted

so don't base anything accurate on it... just use it as a guide or to use just for fun and to look cool laugh.gif
KeWLKaT
yeah i was looking online for the digimoto software... dammit i couldn't find it anywhere sad.gif

Hey but if you have it maybe we can work something out Jay wink.gif PM me if interested smile.gif

I found a single torrent file for the 4.03 version but there are no seeds sad.gif
Frank
yeah that is what thought. I figured that the times would be fairly inaccurate and mostly for fun which is really the only real reason I was wondering. I definitley don't need that part of the tool. would just be that little extra that I could add later on. Ha Ha now to find some money in the car budget for the code reader confused-scratchhead3.gif
KeWLKaT
i really want the digimoto for the datalogging features!
cobas
I bet lots of people on MP3Car.com have the Digimoto software, maybe some might feel generous.... I doubt it. They might also have other suggestions.
KeWLKaT
WOOT found 3 seeds DLing right now im PRAYING that it works properly

if it works ill let you all know biggrin.gif
Jay-M
KeWLKaT,

what is your email address... i've got a surprise for you!

can i use the paypal email address one?
Jay-M
Updates:

New OBD (OBD-II) Scantool Softwares successfully tested and will added onto my software discs (screenshots)

(please click on pics to enlarge)

Digimoto Lite

OBD DIAG

***Note:***
For all of the members who have purchased my OBD scantools and wants to get these new softwares, please PM me and i'll send it to you.. thanks so much
Jay-M
Bump!

Have a good weekend everyone
Jay-M
Bump for a great deal!!!

Just look at my warraty and return policy and some my feedbacks on the first page smile.gif
Midnightsky
Sry I haven't been able to come up with any extra cash for this yet Jay..........being a full student and working P/T sucks...........It could be awhile before I get enough money for one sad.gif
Jay-M
^^^
it's all good man... thanks for letting me know

just let me know when you are ready

Update!!!

This is how the new Multi Protocol Scantool - Serial looks like now... (click on the pic to enlarge)

It is more lighter, smaller and less clutter(y). The USB and the OBD connector(s) has been directly integrated into the unit instead of having 2 seperate cables.

Thanks,
Jay-M
bump for great deals!!! biggrin.gif

Also, if you are unsure or have doubts, just check out my return policy and my reviews
winc
Got any all-in-one scan tools (not code-readers) that don't need to be connected to a laptop or computer? I'm interested in something that works for GM, Ford, Hyundai, possibly more.

On a side note... I thought "bumps" weren't tolerated here at EClub... maybe renew your thread without using that word.
Jay-M
^^^
I do have the Standalone (no laptop needed) Multi Protocol Scantool coming soon. I will have them later this week.

It'll come in 2 versions; one will be compatible with all OBD-II, EOBD (european) Protocols and the second one will be OBD-II, EOBD (european) and CAN-BUS

It's a all-in-one handheld unit that has a large LCD screen that displays all of the info. I will have pics, prices and more details once i get them in and tested.

(I apologize for the "bump"... i will be more aware of this rule next time)
winc
Send me a PM when you post the details, just in case I miss it. Just one more question on that unit... CAN you connect it to a laptop also for programming/tuning purposes, yet use it independently for reading codes and instant scan data? I'll wait for more info when it's available.
Jay-M
Update!!!

This is how the Multi Protocol Scantool - USB looks like... (please click on the pic to enlarge)

Jay-M
QUOTE (winc @ Jun 4 2007, 07:39 PM)
Send me a PM when you post the details, just in case I miss it.  Just one more question on that unit... CAN you connect it to a laptop also for programming/tuning purposes, yet use it independently for reading codes and instant scan data?  I'll wait for more info when it's available.

I have details on this in a few... I'm just in the process and testing anf playing with them
Jay-M
*** New Product Update!!! ***

I have the powerful, full featured standalone handheld version of the OBD-II Scantools available now:

For more info, pics/screenshots and reviews please click on the link below:

OBD-II Handheld Scantools - Standalone Version
cobas
Do you know which scantool softwares run nicely in 640x480? smile.gif
Jay-M
^^^
cobas,

sorry, man... i still got nothing yet
OzzyHy
Hi Jay, are these OBD2 connectors ( scan tools ) still available to forum members ?

Is the hardware/software compatible with Australian Hyundai's and the one particular vehicles that I'm interested in is a Hyundai Elantra 2005 ?

How much is postage to Melbourne Australia ?

cheers
Vampyrate
haha, i almost replied with the same question until i saw the date

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.