Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: little brothers gosh...
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Automotive > The Racing Zone > Elantra Racing

View New Posts
SL1CK
alright my brother just got a new 2006 suzuki reno hatchback righte..well he comes home like oh your jealous haha my cars faster and all...he says its got 145 hp right tongue.gif yeah right...i didnt tell him but i looked up the specs on his car and what does it got 127 hp smile.gif yea soo he keeps taunting me and all and finally i say hell with it im going to race you...went down to the airport strip lined them up and now he doesnt think his car is all big and bad now...he alwayz clownd on my elantra...before he had a 05 dodge ram 1500...didnt even have a chance lol laugh.gif
Bobzilla
Anyone remember our thread about English?
cclngthr
For some reason, I see this guy being shot down all the time.

Do stupid stuff, you get what is coming to you.
ewang
^ Yes Bob, but I think you need to be able to read English in order to write it!
Devin
I almost ended up buying a Reno. Horrible little car. He must've been offered one hell of a deal on it to take it. I would think they're down to giving them away - I never see any on the road.
SL1CK
QUOTE (Devin @ Nov 14 2006, 12:38 PM)
I almost ended up buying a Reno.  Horrible little car.  He must've been offered one hell of a deal on it to take it.  I would think they're down to giving them away - I never see any on the road.

yea where i live i've only seen 2...the one my brother drives and a red one...
Ishtar
Again, racing = teh stupid
sed
I have three tvs in my car.
Bobzilla
I have a GM Truck CAI in my backseat.
Ishtar
Perhaps someone suffers from a small stature...
Bobzilla
QUOTE (Ishtar @ Nov 14 2006, 02:43 PM)
I suffer from a small stature...and a small hooha.

It's OK Joe, we still love you wub.gif
sed
lol the insanity!

this guy suxors the coxors

-shawn
Bobzilla
Now that was just mean spirited. Misguided yes, sucks no. Too many F&F movies.
opz
I don't know if this is actually street racing. Apparently they went to an airport, and NOT open road.

And I read it fine, but maybe thats cause im a "youngin"?
roydjt
C'mon guys, let the language thing go. People communicate how they want, and if you want to judge them based upon that, that's fine. Please express your dislike by staying out of the thread altogether rather than making peanut gallery comments from the grammar police.

SL1CK, when I bought my car I briefly considered a Suzuki. However, the ones I sat in felt like tin cans and I never cared for the styling. they are a pretty good deal, and it sounds like the newest generation models are actually pretty decent cars. Hopefully he enjoys his new ride!

p.s. nice work on the dragstrip! Keep little bro in his place!

-Roy
Goldenguy
Haha, keep him in his place, but do also make sure you don't make him hate his purchase by doing so. That would downright suck to dislike what you've just commited a lot of money to.
RHINESEL
QUOTE (SL1CK @ Nov 14 2006, 02:15 PM)
went down to the airport strip lined them up

I assume that prior permission was obtained from the airport manager and the airport was closed, right?

Not raggin, but I've also seen how fast a car can go on a runway. In my youth, before I knew alot better.
Karl_1052
what is a reno?
Devin
QUOTE (Karl_1052 @ Nov 16 2006, 05:06 PM)
what is a reno?

This is a Reno. So is this.
elantraelite
My sister had a Reno (Rebadged as a Holden Viva) for 5months... It had quite a few problems and was a little too harsh a ride for my liking, Then again we only have a 1.8litre version here.

There is plenty of these cars all over the place! GM tried selling it as the Daewoo Lacetti for a year or so and sales sucked badly. Then GM decided it could be Holden's affordable small car... Guess what? It sells like hot cakes. Priced in the same range as the Hyundai Getz, it's $4,000 cheaper compared to a base Elantra.

Your brother made a good choice... If it's a manual he shouldnt run into any real problems with it.
02CanGT
QUOTE (Goldenguy @ Nov 15 2006, 10:30 PM)
Haha, keep him in his place, but do also make sure you don't make him hate his purchase by doing so. That would downright suck to dislike what you've just commited a lot of money to.

I dunno about this: From what he says, his brother goes out and comes back with this, full of piss and vinegar, saying "you're jealous" etc.

Make him regret every cent he spent. He brought it on himself by being smug and cocky.
Dangle your Elantra keys in front of him, and ask if he wants to drive a 'Grown-up' car.

laugh.gif
SL1CK
yeah he keeps talking crap to me...hes like so you think your car is so fast well how about I get in moms tib (which is stupid for him because he has to use my moms car to beat me lol) and then we well race...im just like what ever dude because I know I cant beat it unless he screws up or somthing...
Alex2013GT
key word in that statement is "mom's tib"

nodno.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.