Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie from New Joisey
ElantraClub - For Elantra Owners and Enthusiasts > Community > The Newbie Forum

View New Posts
markw
I'm markw, I'm from New Joisey and, from that age poll I'm a bit of a dinosaur at 57. I've owned my silver 2004 automatic GLS with four wheel disc brakes, ABS and TCS and sunroof for a little over two years now and just love it. I haven't had a problem with it and, hopefully, don't anticipate any.

I'm a tall guy and need room in a car. For that reason I used to have I used to drive large American cars and sucked up the poor mileage.

I had heard about Hyundai's long warranty and that their rep had come up quite a bit in the last few years and liked the styling on the Sonata's. I stopped in to try the cars on for size (the first thing I do) and found that the Elantra was a better fit and a bit cheaper to boot (did I mention that I'm cheap?). Then I took it for a test drive.

So, now I have all the room I need and averaging a little over 25 mpg, and I'm not a light-foot either. And, it rides and tracks amazingly well on the highway at fairly high speeds. Another benefit is that the seats and driving position are much more comfortable than the ones in my old Grand Marquis and I can drive for hours without needing to get out to stretch.

Anyhow, I look forward to sharing and learning from y'all. happy-wavehello6.gif

markw
Bitterman
Welcome to the club! smile.gif
trololololo
welcome to the club mark from 'joisey'.. lolol

you aren't old.. .we have a hand ful of members older than you.. lol

and alot younger.. but whatever.. we're behaved.

most of the time.. lol

smile.gif

there's a ton of helpful professionals here who can answer just about any question you have... maintenance, performance, styling....

why i love it here !
abrahan
welcome!
Bobzilla
Welcome aboard! What part of Jersey you from? Wife grew up in Wycoff.
Bigs
Welcome to the Club Mark! Feel free to ask questions or to answer some! thumbsup.gif
painless
welcome!

and yeah at 6'2" I need to have the seat pretty far back for pedal comfort (clutch) and arm comfort....but...I can't have the seat all the way back...and even with the roof I can easily wear a hat! I would recommend the Elantra to anyone for comfort...maybe with a ceiling of 6'4" 6'5"

I don't put the miles on my car near as bad as some other members, but the only long drive discomfort I have is when I forget to take out my wallet ohmy.gif

ps. We're practically neighbors, I'm next door in Pennsyltucky...traveled all through Jersey many many times and dated a couple of Jersey girls...
markw
Hey, to quote Bartles and James, thanks for your support.

I'm from Union county and we do about 12 k a year. We travel more now that this beast entered out lives but we still take the train to NYC. Prior to this we had a choice of my gas guzzling behemoth or the lovely Mrs. W's '99 Corolla, which is a fine car if you don't mind driving with your knees on your chin.
edge718
welcome aboard mark!
Doohickie
What exit?!?
Vampyrate
welcome! my ex's family is from N. Joisy... nothing against them there joisy people, but i hope her family dies in some stereotypical joisy fashion.
silet
"What exit?" doesn't apply to north joisy tongue.gif

Welcome Mark happy-wavehello6.gif
markw
QUOTE (Vampyrate)
...nothing against them there joisy people, but i hope her family dies in some stereotypical joisy fashion.
Do you mean by a mob hit, emphysema or cancer? You must really not like them too much. confused-scratchhead3.gif They can't be that bad, can they? Oh wait, I remember my first wife's mother. I take that back.

And, doohickey, that would be exit 135.

Anyone else here fond of dining in Newark? That's one of the better things about Jersey. whistle.gif
Vampyrate
lets just say that i let her control me for close to 3 years and her family backed her up when i put my foot down and said that i was tired of being her bia!

now im a loner, and its kinda fun.
Levonida0103
welcome! and watch out for the sopranos lol , hope you find everytihing you need to know about your elantra i know i do the guys here are awesome and girls too, i'm sure you'll enjoy your stay .
Cobra
Welcome ,they were reffering ot me I presume.,I have a couple years on ya.Jerry
elantraelite
Hey, Welcome Mark!

I don't what the exits and highways youre talking about lol (From aussie land)

Anyway welcome aboard
silet
It's an old New York, New Jersey friendly rivalry thing. A lot of transplanted New Yorkers, in Jersey, don't bother to learn the local and tell everyone that the live off a certain exit tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.