This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Deflector, Does anybody have one on an 2007-10 Elantra?
RebLepp6
post Apr 7 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 12,474
Mood: Cheerful

http://www.weathertech.com/hyundai/2007/el...wind-deflector/

Sunroof Wind Deflector
Hyundai 2007 Elantra
Part# 89145

I ordered one of these from www.carid.com http://www.carid.com/2007-hyundai-elantra-...tor-246534.html It was shipped directly from MacNeil Automotive, so I KNOW it came from WeatherTech themselves. (I also see that WeatherTech is a member of the "EC Affiliate Mall" here!)

My PROBLEM: The one they sent me (Part #89145) that they SAY is supposed to fit my sunroof opening is 38" wide, while my opening is ONLY 33.5" across! I've gone back-an-forth with the guys at www.carid.com (with them contacting the manufacturer), telling them it will NOT fit my 2007 Elantra! (They say it SHOULD!) If I hook the MagiClip to one side (even at the widest point) the opposite end is still 2-3 inches from lining up properly. I've tried to tell them it is NOT going to "bow that much" for it to fit. I was forced to take and send photos (which should have shown that is was TOO wide), my VIN# (?!?), and give them the part # off of the packaging (#89145). Something which should've taken me 10 minutes MAX to install has now wasted 2-3 hours of my life... ALL I wanted was a sunroof wind deflector which WASN'T applied with 3M tape (I think they're ugly!). They are offering me a full refund; but, that is not the point! I took photos again today to send them from inside my car showing that it IS indeed "factory installed"... with the "Slide Open/Tilt Up/Close" buttons.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has one of these on their 2007-2010 Elantra, and could possibly measure its width for me, so I know I'm not crazy! confused-scratchhead3.gif Am I missing "some other reason" why it wouldn't fit?!?

PS: At the same time, I ordered the side window deflectors which fit my 2007 Elantra perfectly!!!

THANK YOU for any help or advice any of you here can give me! I LOVE my Elantra! Still have less than 40,000 miles on it! Gonna get a spoiler for it next! cool.gif

This post has been edited by RebLepp6: Apr 7 2012, 03:45 PM

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IHeartMyRedCar
post Apr 7 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #2 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Thanks Received: 59
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 6,037
Mood: Bouncy

the additional wind deflector i got installed on my 08, when i had it, was longer on purpose. I got mine at the dealership. its suppose to be that way. here's the best picture i can find really quick

See how in the picture it almost goes the whole way across the roof. its to keep the wind from coming into the sides of the sunroof.

This post has been edited by IHeartMyRedCar: Apr 7 2012, 04:13 PM

--------------------

"You drive an elantra, I drive an elantra. Let's mate......I mean date!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsWindshield fog (not condensation) on 2013 GLS
3 MalibuJack 515 25th August 2016 - 08:57 PM
Last post by: MalibuJack
No New Posts Window switch or motor
3 poorboy428 525 18th December 2015 - 01:09 AM
Last post by: roydjt
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsWeathertech digitalfit carpet
16 zimlac 22,215 4th May 2015 - 04:02 PM
Last post by: jdwinterton
No New Posts Weathertech digifit mats
2 Iceman1998 3,527 3rd August 2014 - 08:31 AM
Last post by: trololololo
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsWeatherTech floor mats
My new WeatherTech floor mats just came in!
10 seafunk 6,216 23rd April 2014 - 06:14 PM
Last post by: mlumz

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:08 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America