This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Recent edits
Shark Racing Cr... by elantragt
  Dec 25 2016, 09:01 PM
Audio Buying ti... by elantragt
  Dec 23 2016, 03:16 PM
Basic cleaning ... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 12:05 PM
Adding LED'... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:57 AM
Solid Motor Mou... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:46 AM
Body color head... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Stats
Our members have created a total of 137 articles in 13 categories.

A total of 602 edits have been made and our articles have been viewed 1,718,226 times

> 04-06 Elantra Aftermarket Fog Lights , Adapting Hella Optilux foglights for OEM appearance
Options V
This is the resurrection of a DIY I did for the new defunct dfwhyundais.com. It's rather involved which is why I haven't put it up previously, but here goes. I will do it in several installments, so don't expect it all to show up at once.

There are several steps to this DIY. If you follow them all, it will be difficult for anyone to know that you have aftermarket fogs; they will look like and be wired like OEMs. You can, however, cut a few corners here and there and save a bit of effort.

Steps to the project:
. Mounting the foglights in the bumper
. Running wires around the engine compartment
. Running wires from engine compartment to interior
. Running wires in interior and connecting a switch

The first part is finding appropriate fog lamps. I've found that Hella Optilux halogen project fog lamps fit the opening pretty well. If you can't find them locally, you can buy them on Amazon.com The fog lamps look like this

For a few teaser pics about how to mount them in your bumper see this thread for now.

Last update: Jun 18 2010, 05:42 PM by Doohickie    Created: Jun 18 2010, 05:42 PM by Doohickie    Edits: 1    Views: 2,619
Print article  Download MSWord version  Download txt version
Visit this article's discussion topic

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:23 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America