This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
> What a mess!
elantragt
post May 3 2016, 10:47 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

I was restless last night and I decided to go to EC Affiliate Mall to check out Amazon. To my dismay, I was redirected to a page that said the domain no longer is active. WTF? Long story short, I've tried to contact, Lycos Tripod for support. Their phones have been disconnected and all I could do was chat online and all I got was a runaround. This is not a money issue. My account and the domain is paid in full. Lycos simply screwed this over and is ignoring my requests for help. I contacted PayPal but they said for now the issue is between me and Lycos. Problem is Lycos basically deleted the website and won't tell me why.

There goes the DIYs, the Car and Member of the Month pages too. The Affiliate Mall is gone. At least the links here at the forum still give me credit if anyone buys through links here and in the hot deals forum.

I do have most of the code for the old site saved but the problem is that it was designed through Tripods editor and it is formatted only for Tripod. Everything would need to be recoded. A near impossible task. Over 6000 photos are gone though, many of which will make parts of this board have dead links as I used Tripod to host many photos.

The thing that really sucks is I have nowhere to turn. My host for the gtclub site turned into an incompetent piece of shit and I didn't know what was happening. 14 years of hard work down the drain.

At least our forum host has been very good unlike Tripod. Now, if this would have happened before March 6 2015 (the day my wife Tammy passed away) I would have gone mental on Tripod. Now, I'm so numb this hasn't hit me as hard as it would have. Even so this is so ridiculous. I've been paying for the services at Tripod for 14 years and didn't miss a payment yet someone deleted my domain. Pure bullshit.

Mitch

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xdforme22
post May 9 2016, 08:48 PM
Post #2 | Print

aka J-Dubb
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Thanks Received: 36
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 3,249
Mood: Exhausted

ugh, not really much more to say than that.

--------------------

QUOTE (Veloster.org)
- MTD - "As long TCS is defeatable like in the current Genesis, I dont have a problem with it."
- GreyGhost12 "Anything is "defeatable" with a set of snips... Just like a Vasectomy, your troops are instantly "defeated" with a quick snip. ;-)"

QUOTE (Rob @ Feb 27 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]273652[/snapback]
The only thing "hardcore" about a Civic is fuel economy!

QUOTE (cobas @ Feb 8 2011, 01:30 PM) [snapback]323365[/snapback]
This car is perfect for the late teen, early 20 something who wants to be 2 fast and 2 furious on a budget. You'll look the part, you just won't be fast but you will sound like you are!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsWhat I did to my other car today.
where the rest of my money & time goes when my Elantra doesn't
38 ronjr8102 110,838 30th June 2017 - 08:01 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts What's New at RockAuto?
0 RockAuto 51,648 27th June 2017 - 03:06 PM
Last post by: RockAuto
No new Pinned: What kind of mileage are you getting?
668 Doohickie 268,829 17th June 2017 - 02:17 PM
Last post by: bardos99
No New Posts Pinned: Topic has attachmentsWhat did you do to your Elantra today?
1,913 Spectre 356,977 26th October 2016 - 11:20 PM
Last post by: The Gegenator
No New Posts What is this?
2 AKENT 8,051 22nd September 2016 - 02:42 PM
Last post by: Blupupher

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:07 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America