This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> That was easy...
yjolly
post Apr 15 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #25 | Print

Expert in generalizations
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Thanks Received: 21
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 27
Mood: Okay

QUOTE (FurunoFan @ Apr 15 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Looks too easy... I bet someone has a patent on it and the filer cost is 3x the cost.

Lol; yeah, I bet you GM has a patent on this setup. It's virtually on every 4 cyl car that they've sold for the past 10 years. A few million units.

The OEM filter is between 6 and 7 dollars; they can be had for 4 to 5 $ in cases of 12.

No but that plastic cap get cross treaded very easy.

Really? I've done at least 30 oïl changes on this system and never had a cross threaded cap. Have you seen the size of the threads on these things? It's much more likely to crossthread a regular filter than this. What can happen is people screwing them on too tight and cracking them, but a replacement is 15$. They have to be started by hand, like any other filter install.

Changing the seals on the cap and the core are a pain...

Again, never had to change one, you just make sure it's in good shape....and leave it there.

Plus you need a special too to get the cap off with out running it.

A 1.25" socket is a special tool? laugh.gif

Yves

--------------------

'13 Dark Grey Toyota Camry Hybrid LE, 2.5L w/HSD transmission. RTX 16" Multi Silver Wheels & Stock Tires. WeatherTech floor mats. I live in Luskville, QC (near Ottawa), Canada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slowgls
post Apr 15 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #26 | Print

That Guy..
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Thanks Received: 724
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 6,539
Mood: Thankful

Better then most people would do. But here is what i have. I have a matco set like this.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/wrench-32mm-oi...CFUtk7AodPQsAEA

I'v done more oil changes on Ecotech than i would like to admit. Cross-threaded, heat cycled, and broke caps. See it all. Try doing on on a Cadillac Cattera with the Opal V6. Its under the front cat and will never come out right.The hole canister turns. Stupid car all together.

--------------------

"This may be true but it is a chrysler sebring which is synonomous with being a p.o.s. car. Personally I gotta say it's getting
really tiring having to clean off the sopping wet panties from my Hyundai Elantra every morning. Bitches love Hyundais."

"Sometimes you wonder how the sperm that made that idiot was the fastest swimmer. . . Must've had a "race motor" in it with nass under the hood. . . " - Alex2013gt

+Quote Post
trololololo
post Apr 17 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #27 | Print

Unrustled Jimmy
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Thanks Received: 166
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 165
Mood: Forgotten

that opel v6 was in my 2001 saturn l300 and i got screwed time and time again unknowingly when i went to dealership told me the filter was NEVER changed by quickie lube place i took it to 3x's

i remember the first time i went there they said they didnt start carrying the cartridge filters for my model yet... but 3 months later and twice after that apparently they changed oil and left the filter where it was...

the business folded and got bought by someone else who told me they had to replace several engines including one or two saturn v6's.... smh

the wifes 08 Edge is pretty easy although the filter is right behind the air dam... hit a deer or something hard enough and its gone

--------------------

Oh no, I'm so sorry... the correct answer is The Moops.

The packaging clearly stated '100'. I'm short ONE luft balloon.

+Quote Post
slowgls
post Apr 17 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #28 | Print

That Guy..
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Thanks Received: 724
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 6,539
Mood: Thankful

That V6 was junk. Makes you wonder why they started putting a Honda V6 in the vue after 2 years of production.

--------------------

"This may be true but it is a chrysler sebring which is synonomous with being a p.o.s. car. Personally I gotta say it's getting
really tiring having to clean off the sopping wet panties from my Hyundai Elantra every morning. Bitches love Hyundais."

"Sometimes you wonder how the sperm that made that idiot was the fastest swimmer. . . Must've had a "race motor" in it with nass under the hood. . . " - Alex2013gt

+Quote Post
trololololo
post Apr 18 2014, 08:15 AM
Post #29 | Print

Unrustled Jimmy
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Thanks Received: 166
Member No.: 165
Mood: Forgotten

yeah when i lost a race to a 92 accord full of girls... i realized it wasnt the v6 i had hoped for (3500)

although my trunk and back seat were packed to roof with magazines and posters and cds when i was promoting the KMX Area One tour ( Outkast, Roots, Nelly Furtado others)

--------------------

Oh no, I'm so sorry... the correct answer is The Moops.

The packaging clearly stated '100'. I'm short ONE luft balloon.

+Quote Post
xdforme22
post May 15 2014, 09:27 PM
Post #30 | Print

aka J-Dubb
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Thanks Received: 36
Member No.: 3,249
Mood: Exhausted

QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Apr 14 2014, 10:25 AM) *
Worst car I've owned to change the oil was the 'Zuk Grand Vitara. took 2 cans of brake cleaner to get the oil out of the crossmember and off the front diff and you had to be a contortionist to get to the filter. No matter what you did, it would drip dry for a week.

Was this also the car you owned where the filter was directly behind/under the exhaust manifold? I have not yet done an oil change on my Koup since the first was taken car of under warranty for a leaking oil pan and the second was in the middle of our arctic blast this winter. I was planning to do the next one but it seems the oil pan is leaking again so that will probably be redone by the dealer as well.

--------------------

QUOTE (Veloster.org)
- MTD - "As long TCS is defeatable like in the current Genesis, I dont have a problem with it."
- GreyGhost12 "Anything is "defeatable" with a set of snips... Just like a Vasectomy, your troops are instantly "defeated" with a quick snip. ;-)"

QUOTE (Rob @ Feb 27 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]273652[/snapback]
The only thing "hardcore" about a Civic is fuel economy!

QUOTE (cobas @ Feb 8 2011, 01:30 PM) [snapback]323365[/snapback]
This car is perfect for the late teen, early 20 something who wants to be 2 fast and 2 furious on a budget. You'll look the part, you just won't be fast but you will sound like you are!"

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsEasy Elantra loaded strut replacement
DIY and save
2 BostonTrader 837 6th April 2017 - 08:11 AM
Last post by: popeye
No new Easy access to HMA Service site
club username and pass
23 elantragt 11,868 12th September 2015 - 10:08 PM
Last post by: LarryNH
No New Posts washer fluid pump fuse ????
washer fluid pump fuse
3 cvcman 530 2nd February 2015 - 11:17 AM
Last post by: hulc
No New Posts Easy-Bake
14 Plain Jane 7,800 16th January 2015 - 10:44 PM
Last post by: rstnick
No New Posts Pinned: Easy access to the HMA Service site
19 elantragt 5,339 5th January 2014 - 10:27 AM
Last post by: Vinnie

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:13 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America