I've decided to keep the site online for the foreseeable future as a reference for Elantra owners. If you'd like to help with costs or still believe in this resource, please use the Donate link to help out. Thank you.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Amazon · Advance Auto · Newegg · Ebay 

Recent edits
Shark Racing Cr... by elantragt
  Dec 25 2016, 09:01 PM
Audio Buying ti... by elantragt
  Dec 23 2016, 03:16 PM
Basic cleaning ... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 12:05 PM
Adding LED'... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:57 AM
Solid Motor Mou... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:46 AM
Body color head... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Stats
Our members have created a total of 138 articles in 13 categories.

A total of 602 edits have been made and our articles have been viewed 1,059,117 times

> Independent A/C control on the 2007+ HD Elantras , Not turning on the A/C when the front defrost is on
Options V
This is a simple mod that you can do for free that enables you to turn off the A/C when the defrost mode is set on the HVAC system.

Tools
None

Procedure:

1. The key must be on. I generally have the engine running.

2. Turn on the HVAC on full defrost (not a mix).

3. Hold down the A/C button. As you are holding that down, push the recirc button quickly 5 times. The A/C button light should flash several times.

The A/C light should be on when you restart the car and the defrost either mix or full defrost is activated. Pushing the A/C button will turn off the A/C.

When you disconnect the battery, the A/C will revert to default mode. Redoing the program procedure will be needed to redo the independent A/C modification.

This procedure is also detailed in the owners manual.

Notes regarding Canadian HD models

On models sold in Canada the default mode is the opposite of the US models. By default A/C comes on when defrost is selected. This can be an advantage certain times of the year when humidity is higher but not that helpful on cold dry days. The procedure above works to toggle the "A/C on" versus "A/C off" setting just as it does in US models. No mention is made in the manual that I could find for my 2007.

Last update: May 14 2009, 06:41 AM by Bitmugger    Created: May 7 2009, 02:26 PM by cclngthr    Edits: 5    Views: 1,399
Print article  Download MSWord version  Download txt version
Visit this article's discussion topic

RSS 2017 The Hyundai Elantra Club    
Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 06:12 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America