This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ok, let's try this again
elantragt
post Jun 21 2017, 08:15 AM
Post #25 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

Marc,

It's strange. I see regular posters from the old days lurking here from time to time but they never post. I don't know if they just visit to see if EC has finally shut down or what. I'll tell you this if EC did shut down it wouldn't be from lack of passion on my end. Hell, I haven't owned an Elantra since 2010, but I still run this place because I believe in it.

As far as you saying I should have sold to AutoGuide... let me tell you, I think of that often. At the time, I ran it by Tammy and although she knew we needed the money, she let me keep running it myself. Now, I often feel regret that I didn't take the money. Maybe Tammy's life could have been more comfortable. I was betting on the loyalty of my EC members (who I considered family) but I realized that my thoughts were way off. People left the club left and right. There was no loyalty from most. My efforts for them (and there were many) didn't have any effect on them. I certainly have a different opinion of my fellow man these days. I'm much more cynical and I don't expect anything from people. When people are kind or understanding, it's such a shock and I am so grateful.

Look, I'm not getting any younger. My dear Tammy died at only 45 years old. Can you imagine that? The heartache is inside of me forever.

EC has always been something important to me. So in that way I keep it going for me, I guess. If others don't want to give me or EC the time of day, so be it. I don't begrudge them. But I also don't want them joining the new forum. I want people who want to be there. Want to be active and want EC to thrive.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 user(s) are reading this topic (2 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts This is why we can't have nice things
18 slowgls 27,444 10th February 2016 - 10:05 PM
Last post by: bhorste
No New Posts This should be our GT...
... but we aren't getting it in North America
5 elantragt 7,067 11th December 2014 - 06:57 PM
Last post by: trololololo
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsthis river is NOT where i left it
Rappahannock River, Downtown Fredericksburg VA
11 trololololo 707 2nd May 2014 - 02:00 PM
Last post by: slowgls
No new votes Poll: OK, so who here is Fat
I mean like morbidly obese
13 Blupupher 1,030 27th February 2014 - 01:27 PM
Last post by: Blupupher
No New Posts Pinned: This isn't just a site you visit. It's something you're a part of!
All members, active or not - please read this!!
7 Vinnie 18,463 10th December 2013 - 08:33 PM
Last post by: Vinnie

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:40 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America