This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2013 Elantra GT, Center Counsel Padding
Beach guy
post Jan 25 2013, 03:30 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 12,377
Mood: Relaxed

Considering adding additional padding to the center counsel. I have researched how to remove the sliding counsel lid ( remove rear panel by prying with blade and that will provide access to the screws holding the cover ). I have tried that but the seam is very tight and I do not want to damage the panel. Hyundai must have a special tool to remove this panel. I was thinking that you could hook the bottom of the panel at the floor next to the carpet and pull, releasing the clips. But , again I do not to risk breaking something. Any suggestions ?

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Jan 25 2013, 03:56 PM
Post #2 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon
Group: VIP Members
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Thanks Received: 478
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 34
Mood: Optimistic

Hey "Beach Guy" from York, PA. I grew up not too far away, outside Reading, PA. thumbsup.gif

In any case I haven't tried to pry open around the glove box area yet, but I will say when I installed my stereo, the silver trim around the dash took quite a bit of pulling to get it off. I used a slim flat head screw driver enough to get my fingers in there and then it took quite a bit to get it to release. I was concerned with possibly breaking something myself. Not sure if the same holds true for the glove box, but just letting you know that the clips for the dash took quite a bit of pressure to pull off. Enough so that I was afraid I was going to snap the silver trim in half at one point and not just break a clip.

--------------------

Please consider helping keep the club online and independent. Donate here to help the club.

Current Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 spd manual w/ the style and tech packages
Previous Hyundai's: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE in Venetian Red; 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 3.3L V-6 in Ebony Black; 2004 Elantra GT, 5 spd manual in tidal wave blue

+Quote Post
LeMeez
post Feb 1 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #3 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Thanks Received: 23
Member No.: 13,293
Mood: Wise

I'm interested in doing this mod as well, let us know if you find the trick. I'm finding the armrest is a little to low for my elbow to rest and still reach the steering wheel. A nice padded, leather covered lid would be nice.

This post has been edited by LeMeez: Feb 1 2013, 04:37 PM

--------------------

2013 Elantra GT - Monaco White SE Tech pkg.

+Quote Post
Beach guy
post Feb 3 2013, 04:01 PM
Post #4 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Thanks Received: 0
Member No.: 12,377
Mood: Relaxed

The panel seam is very tight, impossible to force a screw driver in the seam without causing damage. Heading to Florida tomorrow and I will wait until I return to try again, if at all. There must be a special tool to remove the panel. I did check with a local auto upholster who does street rods and bike seats and he could add padding and match the leather for $60, IMO very reasonable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Feb 3 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #5 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon

Yep, I think $60 is quite reasonable for the time he will spend doing such. It would be awesome if you could take some before and after pics if you do this.

--------------------

Please consider helping keep the club online and independent. Donate here to help the club.

Current Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 spd manual w/ the style and tech packages
Previous Hyundai's: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE in Venetian Red; 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 3.3L V-6 in Ebony Black; 2004 Elantra GT, 5 spd manual in tidal wave blue

+Quote Post
Red Elantra GT
post Feb 3 2013, 09:42 PM
Post #6 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Thanks Received: 136
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 11,366
Mood: Carefree

Hey-Ideally, the door armrest and the center armrest should be as close as possible at the same height.

--------------------

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

+Quote Post
camel
post Jan 2 2014, 05:10 AM
Post #7 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Thanks Received: 1
Member No.: 17,364
Mood: Accomplished

hello guys from Greece,my i30GD,elantra gt for you, has not been installed with an armrest and I am interesting in buyng the correct parts to install one! Could please anyone with a GD/Gt car remove the back plastic as shown in the photo and take a picture of the whole armrest to see how it is screwed on the floor console?It is removed just by pulling backwards.There are 2 different parts number of those and I don't know which to order.the picture-diagram of the console is just an unclear draw,in which there are 2 different part numbers for each one of two different parts as I wrote.That's why I am asking REAL-LIVE photos of those parts.To see what is what and how they come together.So if could anyone,it would be a great help!To prove you my drama I did order those parts time ago and those where not fitting to each other.Wrong order!The reason was because there are 2 different floor console and 2 different back lids which should go in pairs in order to fit together!
Now can anyone Help please?

Thanks

This post has been edited by camel: Jan 2 2014, 05:33 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  3a.jpg ( 62K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Jan 2 2014, 09:41 AM
Post #8 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon

Welcome to the club! I am at work now, but either tonight or tomorrow night I will take my center console apart and post pictures. I have a 2013 Elantra GT (i30) with the sliding armrest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
camel
post Jan 2 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #9 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon

Thank you very much Alex!I own the same car,but with no armrest.The time I bought the car,only the basic-poor edition was available.
So I am missing some goodies of the most elegant editions like chrome belt window trims moldings,armrest,door lights etc(I hope to find those parts to).You save me of a big trouble,I own the car almost a year now and even the official dealer failed to help me because of the inaccurate console diagram!One year and still could not manage to order the original floor console and the armrest.
Now I can hope...to find the correct part numbers.
Thank you!!!

This post has been edited by camel: Jan 2 2014, 10:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Elantra GT
post Jan 2 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #10 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Thanks Received: 136
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 11,366
Mood: Carefree

Hey-The back of the console you've circled is just like the US version. In other countries, Hyundai offers vents there. I think that's what you're wanting to do. I thought of adding them but it'd involve ordering the a lot of parts to make them functional. I also noticed there's no seat back pockets or rear seat armrest on yours. It's too bad Hyundai doesn't put all the "goodies" on all their cars.

--------------------

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

+Quote Post
camel
post Jan 2 2014, 11:41 AM
Post #11 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon

No no,not to be misunderstood,this was not my car,but a samble photo in order to show what I want.My car is this,with no armrest at all!And the version with the panorama roof only has the vents on the back lid here in EU.Any other version has the vents under the front seats.So I know that I need to change the floor console,the back lid and to buy the armrest.The problem that I faced with my previous order which was placed by the official dealler was that those 3 parts were not fitting together because of the inaccurate diagram.Probably,or sure indeed, the floor console was different from the back lid and the armrest,so I sent it back with no any luck yet.

This post has been edited by camel: Jan 3 2014, 02:17 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  11.jpg ( 78.64K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  12.jpg ( 81.14K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Jan 3 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #12 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon

Ok, well I took a look tonight and tried to get the back cover off with no luck. I couldn't get access to the very top because of the cover and I couldn't get enough space to pry it off from the sides. The problem is when I open the top cover, the back of the cover drops down preventing me from prying the back cover off from under the lid. All I did was successfully scrape up the side some tonight so I called it quits. I will take a look this weekend when I have better light and see if I can get it off without causing damage to it. I've removed the front dash no problem, but for some reason just couldn't get the right angle to get this off.

--------------------

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2013 GLS Engine Air Filter
Are there two engine air filters?
2 stevesusko 1,459 30th June 2017 - 07:32 PM
Last post by: stevesusko
No New Posts Elantra Sport review
4 elantragt 108,370 21st June 2017 - 05:26 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon