This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Recent edits
Shark Racing Cr... by elantragt
  Dec 25 2016, 09:01 PM
Audio Buying ti... by elantragt
  Dec 23 2016, 03:16 PM
Basic cleaning ... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 12:05 PM
Adding LED'... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:57 AM
Solid Motor Mou... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:46 AM
Body color head... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Stats
Our members have created a total of 137 articles in 13 categories.

A total of 602 edits have been made and our articles have been viewed 1,723,448 times

> Stebel dual tm80 Magnum Horn Set upgrade , courtesy of footprintsinconc
Options V
The horn kit does come with a relay. basically with these horns you are drawing more power than the old no good stock horn, so you are using a relay as a switch (the 12v power from the old horn plug turns on the switch in the relay) to allow for the power to be drawn from the battery directly. so you have to wire in a direct power wire from the battery to the relay (with a 20amp fuse in line). you can see the relay in the first picture just above the right horn (its the small black box).

here are some pics of the connections showing the positive and ground wire connection. i then took a close up of the positive connection to the battery with the inline fuse (20 amp) that is needed. the thrid picture shows the wiring diagram.

here is a wiring diagram that for wiring the horns. this wiring diagram eliminates the stock horn.

if you guys have any questions, just ask and i will try to answer them. just remember to use 12ga wire. use the shrink tubing around your connections so that it helps keep the moisture out.

these and pics can be view at here in my picasa web albums.

here are some pics just before i put the top trim back in and finished off (you can see the postive, negative and the relay above the right horn):

right and left side horns:

Last update: Jan 13 2010, 03:52 PM by elantragt    Created: Sep 28 2009, 11:49 PM by RHINESEL    Edits: 2    Views: 4,417
Print article  Download MSWord version  Download txt version
Visit this article's discussion topic

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:53 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America