This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People love their Hyundai's
elantragt
post Jan 11 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

According to a study just released by J.D. Power and Associates, 64% of Hyundai owners make their next car a Hyundai. That's the highest retention rate in the industry. Great stuff!

WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif., Jan. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- One in three new-vehicle owners who switched brands say their previous brand didn't make the type of vehicle they wanted, indicating that striking the right combination of model offerings and vehicle appeal is critical to retaining customers, according to the J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Retention Study(SM) released today.

Now in its ninth year, the study measures the rate at which automotive brands retain their existing customers and examines the reasons why customers remain loyal. Customer retention is critical to a brand's market success, particularly during the current period of market recovery, in which each new-vehicle sale is vital. In addition to customer retention, the study also measures the rate at which each automotive brand captures customers from its competitors, known as conquesting.

Among new-vehicle owners who switched vehicle brands for their latest purchase, 33 percent indicate that their previous brand didn't offer the type of vehicle they wanted. Although this is a primary reason for switching, other key reasons relate to dissatisfaction with the previous vehicle, including the vehicle costs too much to own or maintain; there are too many problems with the vehicle; and the vehicle didn't retain sufficient resale value.

"Many automotive brands are expanding their array of models in an attempt to capture more buyers, but this isn't enough in and of itself," said Raffi Festekjian, director of automotive product research at J.D. Power and Associates. "Manufacturers need to integrate specific attributes and features that delight vehicle owners to maximize their opportunity to both retain customers and conquest from other brands. Manufacturers also need to ensure owners are satisfied with the quality, residual values and ownership costs of their vehicles."

According to Festekjian, brands that strike the right combination of all of these aspects stand the best chance of being reconsidered by current vehicle owners for their next new-vehicle purchase.

Hyundai ranks highest among automotive brands in retaining customers when they buy a new vehicle, and improves its retention rate by four percentage points from 2010(1) to 64 percent in 2012. Hyundai's retention rate is primarily driven by the Elantra and Sonata models. "Hyundai's increased retention rate is shaped by its expanding model lineup, as well as the fact that perceptions of the brand's quality and appeal have continued to improve during the past decade," said Festekjian. Following Hyundai in the rankings are Ford and Honda, in a tie, each with a customer retention rate of 60 percent. Jeep posts the greatest improvement in customer retention rate from 2010, improving by 17 percentage points to 51 percent in 2012.

Overall customer retention has improved by one percentage point in 2012 to 49 percent, compared with 48 percent in 2010. In 2012, 19 of the 33 ranked brands have improved their customer retention rates from 2010, while 14 have declined. The study also finds that women and younger vehicle owners (those in the Generation Y and Generation X demographics, between ages 23 and 47) are less likely to choose the same vehicle brand for their next purchase, compared with men and older owners.

"Women and younger vehicle owners are more likely to experience changes in their life circumstances, including growth in household size or changes in income levels, that would lead them to purchase vehicles that better accommodate their new lifestyle," said Festekjian.

Brands that perform particularly well in retaining women customers include Honda, Hyundai, Kia and Mercedes-Benz. Among vehicle owners in the Generation Y and Generation X demographics, Ford, Kia, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz perform particularly well in customer retention.

The 2012 Customer Retention Study is based on responses from 117,001 new-vehicle buyers and lessees, of which 73,733 replaced a vehicle that was previously acquired new. The study was fielded between February and May 2011 and August and September 2011.

2012 Brand Retention Rates
Hyundai 64%
Ford 60%
Honda 60%
BMW 59%
Kia 59%
Toyota 58%
Chevrolet 57%
Mercedes-Benz 57%
Lexus 54%
Cadillac 52%
Jeep 51%
Nissan 50%
MINI 49%
Ram 49%
Industry Average 49%
Subaru 48%
Land Rover 47%
Volkswagen 47%
GMC 46%
Infiniti 46%
Acura 45%
Audi 45%
Porsche 42%
Lincoln 40%
Buick 38%
Mazda 34%
Mitsubishi 33%
Jaguar 31%
Volvo 30%
Chrysler 26%
Scion 24%
Dodge 21%
Suzuki 20%
SAAB 7%

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
1 members thank elantragt for this post
mlumz
VIG
post Jan 11 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #2 | Print

F.K.A. fsv87
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Thanks Received: 189
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 5,380
Mood: Obnoxious

I feel like such a statistic.

--------------------

Let me be Frank with you.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
R.I.P. 2001 Elantra

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Jan 12 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #3 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

I wanted to buy another Elantra. Almost bought an HD, even though I'm not a huge HD fan. I was driving to Virginia to buy the car until the dealer told me it wasn't in stock and their website was wrong. Kind of worked out because I think my copperhead Forte SX is pretty sweet and I love the 173 horses. Of course, I would have loved to have held out until the MD was released but it wasn't in the cards.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blupupher
post Jan 12 2012, 07:47 AM
Post #4 | Print

back to basics again
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.52
Thanks Received: 248
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 52
Mood: Happy

I have had 2 Hyundai's at one time (my Elantra and a Tucson for a while), my sister is the reason I looked at Hyundai (she replaced her Sonata with a Santa Fe), and she and I are the reason my other sister got a Santa Fe.
My Father-in-law is considering one now also, he drives from Oklahoma City to Houston 6-7 times a year, and his mileage in his F150 is getting too expensive.

--------------------

"Those who yell the loudest about how unfair the world treated them are usually the reason for the treatment in the first place".
A nurse on a forum I am on

+Quote Post
mbenz
post Jan 12 2012, 09:25 AM
Post #5 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Thanks Received: 49
Member No.: 10,411
Mood: Awake

QUOTE (elantragt @ Jan 12 2012, 12:02 AM) *
I wanted to buy another Elantra. Almost bought an HD, even though I'm not a huge HD fan. I was driving to Virginia to buy the car until the dealer told me it wasn't in stock and their website was wrong. Kind of worked out because I think my copperhead Forte SX is pretty sweet and I love the 173 horses. Of course, I would have loved to have held out until the MD was released but it wasn't in the cards.

Well hyundai and kia are pretty much the same so you didn't really move just moved a little your still in the hyundai statistic mitch lol u can be #1 lol.gif

--------------------

A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
benman
post Jan 12 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #6 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Thanks Received: 268
Member No.: 10,696
Mood: Numb

I know when I think about our next car, all I think about is Hyundai. The problem is they have nothing that would tow my trailer. Although, I've actually thought about buying a smaller trailer anyway. It's old, and I'm tired of paying for all the gas when I'm not actually towing the trailer.

* Edited because voice recognition sucks a little bit and I didn't catch the typos, er, blabbos or something -- must be another word for it, before posting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
silvergls
post Jan 12 2012, 01:38 PM
Post #7 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Thanks Received: 78
Member No.: 9,622
Mood: Accomplished

My Elantra is my first Hyundai. While shopping I spoke to several Hyundai owners and all were very happy with their vehicles. Said a lot for me and now I'm speaking the same language.

--------------------

2011 ELANTRA GLS Radiant Silver
KDM Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, KYB Shocks, Reverse Park Assist Sensors, Body Side Moldings, Tints, Infinity Door Speakers, Kenwood Subwoofer, Vinyls, LEDs for Interior, Glovebox & Trunk

1998 DODGE NEON R/T

+Quote Post
poriggity
post Jan 17 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #8 | Print

Amsoil Oil Slinger!
Group Icon
Group: Vendor
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Thanks Received: 63
Trader Stats: 4 (100%)
Member No.: 11,523
Mood: Upset

My current HD is my 3rd hyundai, and we've been extremely happy with every one of them.
Scott

--------------------

www.elantraclub.com - It's not just a site you visit, it's something you're a part of!
2014 Hyundai Accent, Rear De-Badged, more to come!

+Quote Post
elantraelite
post Apr 8 2012, 07:22 PM
Post #9 | Print

'05 Elantra & '98 Accent
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Thanks Received: 27
Member No.: 607
Mood: Anxious

My next car is going to be 110% Hyundai!

--------------------

2016 Hyundai Santa Fe Active 2.2 CRDi 6spd Auto, Ocean View
2014 Hyundai i30 elite , 1.6 CRDi, 6spd 5dr Hatch, Dazzling Blue
2009 Hyundai i30cw SX 1.6 CRDi 5spd 4dr Wagon, Hyper Silver
2007 Hyundai Getz S 1.4 DOHC 5spd 5dr Hatch, Blue
2005 Hyundai Elantra elit�, 2.0HVT 5spd, 4dr Sedan, Ebony Black
1998 Hyundai Excel GX, 1.5 DOHC, 5spd, 3dr Hatch, Red

+Quote Post
Babyhyundai05
post Apr 9 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #10 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Thanks Received: 25
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 2,089
Mood: Spectacular

partyhearty.gif I love my Elantra. Bought her brand new 2005. We have a long history together. I'm driving her til her wheels fall off. I hear about crap gas mileage from co-workers in their other vehicles. I laugh and smile at them. Glad my Hyundai is great on mileage. Some people have asked me if it's new just by looking at the outside. Not bad for a 7 year old car! dancyboy.gif

I would buy another Hyundai. Love the warranty, the price, the car and my dealership!

--------------------

+Quote Post
afob3
post Apr 9 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #11 | Print

Poster Pro
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Thanks Received: 52
Member No.: 640
Mood: Awake

My sig says it all...

If they made something with a more significant tow rating there wouldn't be an f150 in the garage.

The ecoboost engine is fun though and I would consider a ford with a smaller version of it if it continues to give good service in the truck.

I imagine the turbo sonata would feel similar with the direct injection.

--------------------

Change is the ONLY constant.
www.unitegriefsupport.org ________ www.familyobrien.net

+Quote Post
Red Elantra GT
post Apr 9 2012, 11:02 AM
Post #12 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Thanks Received: 136
Member No.: 11,366
Mood: Carefree

Hey-I'm already planning on my next Hyundai. It'll be my third one.

--------------------

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Love Bugs
Insect invasion
2 Tex GT 7,319 8th May 2016 - 01:20 AM
Last post by: a_v
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLove the "well duh" moments..
what was your latest one?
1 Blupupher 466 17th March 2014 - 04:12 PM
Last post by: trololololo
No New Posts People and their children
stealing, ethics , and community
11 FurunoFan 620 3rd January 2014 - 12:11 AM
Last post by: judys01GT
No new People banging your car up
32 nikolettaj 12,586 7th November 2011 - 11:54 PM
Last post by: Vinnie
No New Posts People's Republik Of Maryland!
incredible helmet cam video...
6 popeye 1,375 26th April 2010 - 12:20 AM
Last post by: scott9050

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:24 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America