This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Club Decal Group Buy Fiasco
elantragt
post Sep 4 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

Well, I have to tell everybody in this group buy, you've been great. But we have a problem. atlwteboy240 has seemingly disappeared. I've had no contact with him in well over a week. thumbsdown.gif I'm totally flabbergasted. When Paul (Doohickie) stepped away, atlwteboy240 PM'ed me to help coordinate things and I didn't hesitate. I wanted everyone to get their decals. Even though I'm dealing with a lot of difficult issues in my life right now I was willing to try to do this.

But he simply hasn't done what needs to be done. I can't believe he's not embarrassed. Letting the club down. Disappointing 22 members in the group buy. I have no choice but to say he's now out of the picture.

Now we need to find a new source for the decals and here's where the problem is. I hardly had time to coordinate the group buy.. that was as much stress as I could handle right now. Going out and finding a new source for this is simply more than I can take on right now. Doohickie mentioned he might be able to get back in and possibly look for a new source but that's up in the air.

So... as of today I'll send refunds to everyone. The thing that kinda is no fun is that when members send money via PayPal, say, $15... it's really only around $14 because of PayPal fees. But I will refund the full original amount. thumbsup.gif Actually I guess we all lose because PayPal probably takes fees from your refunds, too. blush.gif

So think about it. atlwteboy240 has me come in and do this. I do all I can in good faith..he pulls this disappearing act... real class guy he is, huh?

I'm sorry we couldn't pull this together. Paul tried... I tried.

Just know, I did my part the best I know how. I stepped in and stepped up so that the group buy would continue. But the guy who was going to make the decals apparently decided he doesn't care. In the back of my mind, I wonder if he still will try to offer these decals on his own at a higher price outside of this group buy. That way he wouldn't have to donate a portion to the club as was originally promised. But I don't know what his problem is.

All refunds will go out in the next couple hours.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Doohickie
post Sep 4 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #2 | Print

Club Expert
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Thanks Received: 60
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 1,380
Mood: Cranky

Mitch.... I didn't pursue other suppliers while atlwteboy240 was still in the mix, but now that he is out of the picture, let me see what I can line up. Give me a couple days (till the end of the week?) and let me see if I can line up an alternate source. I hate to give PayPal more money in fees and people end up empty handed. Several people here said they didn't need their money back right away (or at all), so let's sit tight and see if I can work a little magic (going to only to sources of vinyl from other successful goup buys). What do ya say, Mitch?

--------------------

A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Sep 4 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #3 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

All money has just been refunded except to those people who said to keep it as a donation. Sure Paul, I'd love to see people get club decals. That's important! If you want to try it all again that's cool... this was all my emotion/stress level could handle for now. blush.gif
-------

If anyone who wanted one DID NOT receive a full refund from me (mittam99@yahoo.com), let me know please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frank
post Sep 4 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #4 | Print

Happy Owner of a GTLS
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Thanks Received: 7
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 1,058
Mood: Contemplative

I will say that if we can get another group buy together then I am still all in. thumbsup.gif

--------------------

Owner of a 2003 Elantra GLS, 2.0L 4spd Automatic. Bought as a Total then rebuilt. adding a few things along the way

+Quote Post
JohnsRedGT
post Sep 4 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #5 | Print

'01 Red GT
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 56
Mood: Happy

I will be in again if it comes to pass.

Mitch - know that we believe you went above and beyond..... not your fault, OK?

--------------------

Car of the Week: June 28, 2007 / Car of the Month: 2008 calender

'01 5-speed hatchback. 17X7 wheels w/205-40-17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, H&R springs, KYB GR-2 Gas Adjust struts, SR strut brace, SR cold air intake,TB coolant bypass, Magnaflow muffler, ground wire mod, horn mod, B&M short shifter, Tib pedals, aluminum dash, XM tuner, Polk dB speakers, 10' sub, euro antenna, limo tint, Silverstars, debadged.

+Quote Post
Doohickie
post Sep 4 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #6 | Print

Club Expert
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Thanks Received: 60
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 1,380
Mood: Cranky

Okay.... this time before I roll out, I will make sure we are rock solid. atlwteboy started going public a little before the details were all worked out, which started things off on the wrong foot. I am already making inquiries on lining up another supplier and hope to have something soon.

I have to take responsibiltiy for this-- I started it, then dumped into Mitch's lap when things weren't going right. I want to do right by the club, so I'll do my best to get a solid supplier online ASAP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
greg841
post Sep 4 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #7 | Print

2004 GLS
Group Icon
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,774

Count me in for next time as well!

--------------------

"The scenery's changed, but my feelings remain" - Dave Mason

+Quote Post
Stile
post Sep 4 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #8 | Print

2005 Elantra GT
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Member No.: 2,415
Mood: Accomplished

I am still in as well **** happens

--------------------

+Quote Post
sed
post Sep 4 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #9 | Print

Mouse Hunter
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Thanks Received: 12
Member No.: 153
Mood: Devious

http://www.makestickers.com/home.asp

--------------------

(07:01 PM) elantragt - Hell I couldn't even sell our calendars to all the people who had their car in it! lol

+Quote Post
popeye
post Sep 4 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #10 | Print

Idiot Savant
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Thanks Received: 256
Trader Stats: 4 (100%)
Member No.: 1,406
Mood: Uncertain

^ With the vinyl stock I unearthed in the back I can make my own on the Xerox machine. Not as stable as ink, but well er ah free...

I think the site offers a different product than what the decal group buy was going to be.

--------------------

To Helena Handbasket!

+Quote Post
reaperangel01
post Sep 4 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #11 | Print

The Eager Beaver
Group Icon
Member No.: 4,163
Mood: Accomplished

QUOTE (elantragt @ Sep 4 2007, 12:00 PM)
Just know, I did my part the best I know how. I stepped in and stepped up so that the group buy would continue.  But the guy who was going to make the decals apparently decided he doesn't care.

All refunds will go out in the next couple hours.

clap3.gif clap3.gif clap3.gif clap3.gif clap3.gif
Thank you Mitch for trying. Like Stile said, sh** happens. Doo' seems determined to make this work, so I'm in if he gets it going. Heck, if he does, keep my original payment as donation and I'll pay again.

Doo', I have way too much free time on my hands right now, so if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to PM me and ask. I need something productive to keep me occupied tongue.gif.

--------------------

"Buying Hyundai is like rooting for the underdog. You don't do it for status, you do it for every other reason but status--knowing that your car is just as good, or better, for much less cost, while just as reliable.

People who bash Hyundai just aren't educated on them. Sooner or later they'll learn. Meanwhile be happy keeping Hyundai your little secret and let everyone else overpay and get half the warranty." --natesi

+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Sep 4 2007, 06:29 PM
Post #12 | Print

2005 Elantra
Group Icon
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 4,583

Ok so like I promised I am looking into a friend of mine, they have a decal shop, I called her today and got the answering machine, but she will do stickers, shirts ect. I don't know prices yet, but she only lives 30 min. from me. So I can go get them, and keep in better contact with her..... more to come.
---------
Ok I talked to her,(Mia) and I am going to get some sweet stickers made, you will have the option to do a color fad, or just one color. Or what other options you would like. Also she is going to design a shirt for us, so please hold on, I am going to pay her, get the items and then post them for all to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Club Decals
2 hvac999 9,335 18th April 2016 - 07:54 PM
Last post by: slowgls
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsClub Roll Call - by age
post your age!
363 elantragt 194,691 6th March 2016 - 01:39 PM
Last post by: Limited12
No New Posts club location?
jacksonville, nc
4 rikario 7,873 23rd September 2014 - 04:12 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Buying one. Looking for tips....
2 WhoAmI 12,187 8th September 2014 - 06:46 AM
Last post by: trololololo
No New Posts Buying a 2014 Elantra Limited...BUT...
4 jw11 13,169 24th August 2014 - 03:47 PM
Last post by: mlumz

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:42 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America