This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> This isn't just a site you visit. It's something you're a part of!, All members, active or not - please read this!!
Rating 5 V
Vinnie
post Jun 26 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #1 | Print

Elantra Guru
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Thanks Received: 558
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 7,533
Mood: Evil

TO: New members and current ones. RE: 100% updated profiles & utilization of our features.

We constantly have new members joining and also have active members in our community that do not complete their information nor utilize our features. We need people to visit their control panel and update all of their information. By updating your profile you become a community member as opposed to another visitor. The more active users and updated profiles – the better off this community is. People do hit-n-runs all the time but every single time the response to the original poster is "what's your location?" or "what make and model is it?" Every single bit of this can be curbed by filling out your information.

Below are links to do this.

Edit Profile Information
Edit Personal Portal Information
Edit Signature
Change Custom Title
Edit Avatar Settings
Change Personal Photo

---------------------------------------

Member Map

This is another great feature we have. Thinking of a member meet up? Who's in my area? Who can help me fix this? – you can get all of this information in one single place – our member map!

Member Map

--------------------------------------

Garage

List your vehicle in the Garage today. Share what you drive with the club and show what toys and modifications you have done. The Garage is a very useful tool for showcasing your ride. It also is a great way to check out available aftermarket mods and get some valuable insight. It's very important that all club members add their vehicle to the garage. They can make their pages as detailed as they like. In addition, VIP members can add photos of their car and their modifications. For a tutorial on using the Garage, click the link on the bottom of this. And don't forget to leave your thoughts and comments in the member guest books!

Garage

Garage Tutorial

-----------------------------

Gallery

The gallery is a place for…. Well…. Pictures. It's not just for cars; it's your place for images. You can create your own album and add pictures to it and share them with the community. You can find all sorts of things to browse, see of our member's sightseeing adventures with strange pictures.

Right now we've got five categories.

Members Gallery

The Elantra Gallery

The Hyundai Gallery

Other Vehicles

Miscellaneous Pics

Why not add some pictures today?

------------------------------------

**VIP Membership Packages**

Currently we have five options of becoming a VIP… sometimes six – upon participation of our car of the month or picture competitions… in which you could win a vip package!!

· Six Month Membership $6.99

· One Year Membership $11.99

· Two Year Membership $19.99

· Lifetime VIP membership $29.99

· Lifetimer Plus! $34.99

All of these have more and more options upon each of them.

The good thing is that… the most money you would spend upon going VIP… is $29.99 US.

So, think of those quick fast food trips, morning coffee runs, tank of gas, and dinner out…. You still spend less here going VIP – AND you get more for your money. The time the engine light comes on… and you ask a question and one of our kick ass members answers it… and helps you out and you save major repair costs by us…. Why not kick some $ back to us? You're still saving! Even if you don't want to be a "active member" but want to thank us for helping you out…. It leads me to my next topic….

Donations are used to keep the site running. Our community owner Mitch – well he's a good guy and all but shouldn't be the only one to foot the bill. Think of the costs to run this community! Hosting, domain name renewals, bandwidth, features and any upgrades and add-on's are all footed by Mitch. Donating even one dollar pays for another day to keep this site up and running. It's a great community, our members rock and we know our stuff. Think of being a Hyundai/Kia owner needing help for which you've gotten here before… and you go to ElantraClub.com and you get a 404-page not found… That one dollar could have kept it running so now there's no site and no help from our awesome members. Wouldn't that suck? Wouldn't you be kicking yourself for not kicking a buck or two our way?

Serously – think about it.

Donations

-------------------------------------------

DIY

This is another great underutilized part of our community. The DIY section is a place to create articles of things you've done – or even things you can do to your ride. Here is a short list of sections within the DIY group. Engine, Intake, Exhaust, Brakes, Suspension, Interior, Audio, Transmission, Painting, Maintenance, Electrical, Lighting, Miscellaneous and of course Videos.

How much oil goes in, how do I put new brakes on, what's the process to put in a strut bar? It's all there!

Have you done something you want the world to see…. EMAIL us and tell us and we'll add it to the DIY zone!!

Get cracking!

DIY

-----------------------------------------------

Reviews

Who hasn't used a product for their car? This is an easy way to post your review of anything you've use on or in your car. It's a big help to others in the community. Write those reviews!

Reviews

ElantraWiki

The club's wiki knowledgebase covers all aspects of the Elantra and to a lesser extent Hyundai and general automotive topics. Articles can be added to any category by any member and can be edited for both accuracy and added content. To add a new article to the wiki, click on a category and then click "New Article". Please help improve the EC community by participating in our wiki project.

So go wiki yourself now!

ElantraWiki

I'm done with the features but what you will notice is that there are a few words repeated within this post…..

Member · Community · Club

What I am getting at is this – by coming here – you are becoming a member of our community and part of a club.

Member – Someone who is a member of a club or community.

Community – A community is a virtual community that exists online and whose members enable its existence through taking part in membership ritual.

Club – A club is an association of two or more people united by a common interest or goal

We're asking all members to be one with ElantraClub. We love helping others out but were an online community. We're asking that we become not just another tab on firefox or a site you visit each day. We would love to have new topics posted each day and replies to each of those. We even have a thanks system. If someone posts stuff you like – just click the thanks button under their name.

So – please fill out your profile, update your information, become more active and help each other out. We're not just another site you visit. We're the elantraclub.com who is a online community with a great family of members.

Get rolling!

As always – if you need more information on features, and how-to about our community – Visit this link

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
slowgls
post Jun 26 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #2 | Print

That Guy..
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Thanks Received: 724
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 6,539
Mood: Thankful

By filling out your profile, it will be easier and quicker to get your question answered.

--------------------

"This may be true but it is a chrysler sebring which is synonomous with being a p.o.s. car. Personally I gotta say it's getting
really tiring having to clean off the sopping wet panties from my Hyundai Elantra every morning. Bitches love Hyundais."

"Sometimes you wonder how the sperm that made that idiot was the fastest swimmer. . . Must've had a "race motor" in it with nass under the hood. . . " - Alex2013gt

+Quote Post
milehighhyundai
post Jun 26 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #3 | Print

Subdude dude
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Thanks Received: 44
Member No.: 7,353
Mood: Dorky

Awesome points Vinnie!

Folks, we are an online car community! WE want to help YOU, please help US by completing some simple information and going VIP!

Thanks!!

--------------------

2012 Chevy Cruze Eco 6mt- yay turbo!
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew... Pentastar powah!

Prev:
2009 Elantra SE- Great car that served me well

+Quote Post
HyundaiMunday
post Jun 26 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #4 | Print

You can call me Dave
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Thanks Received: 33
Member No.: 7,806
Mood: Happy

Thanks for the info Vinnie. I am now on the map. Glad I read this first, I was thinking of asking Mitch exactly how to find other members in my area.
Now after looking at the few members in my local area, I was wondering about recruitment. I work in a hotel here in Niagara Falls and see a lot of Elantras both old and new. unfortunately I seldom get a chance to speak with the person. I was wondering if it would be appropriate to put a small flyer with a few details about the club on their windshield?

--------------------

You don't realize how badly you need something until you see a picture of it and its on sale.

+Quote Post
1 members thank mundayoreo for this post
Vinnie
Vinnie
post Sep 8 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #5 | Print

Elantra Guru
Group Icon

It's a good time to re-visit this post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
1 members thank Vinnie for this post
jamhandman
elantragt
post Mar 25 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #6 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

Since this topic was started, a lot has changed at the club. We've removed over 8,000 inactive members and (for the most part) have only kept our active ones. We are set up to be a club not just a site. Hopefully newer members will read Vinnie's original post and get a better understanding of what this community is all about and what we expect from members.

--------------------

+Quote Post
2 members thank elantragt for this post
RPW00Mirage, Vinnie
RPW00Mirage
post Mar 25 2013, 02:15 PM
Post #7 | Print

That Mitsubishi Guy
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Thanks Received: 423
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 11,480
Mood: Complacent

they certainly should now, that this is in the UNREAD THREADS biggrin.gif

--------------------

2014 Veloster Turbo - racecar

2002 Elantra GLS - DEAD AND GONE DEAD AND GONE

+Quote Post
1 members thank RPW00Mirage for this post
Vinnie
Vinnie
post Dec 10 2013, 08:33 PM
Post #8 | Print

Elantra Guru
Group Icon

Digging this up, I really hope people see this and handle the expectations.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Just saying Hello - and thanks for adding me to the group
4 SGans 11,438 8th January 2017 - 03:00 AM
Last post by: trololololo
No New Posts Parts interchange 2003 GLS to GT
4 cabreco 11,180 28th October 2016 - 12:13 PM
Last post by: cabreco
No New Posts This is why we can't have nice things
18 slowgls 27,626 10th February 2016 - 10:05 PM