This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Recent edits
Shark Racing Cr... by elantragt
  Dec 25 2016, 09:01 PM
Audio Buying ti... by elantragt
  Dec 23 2016, 03:16 PM
Basic cleaning ... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 12:05 PM
Adding LED'... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:57 AM
Solid Motor Mou... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:46 AM
Body color head... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Stats
Our members have created a total of 137 articles in 13 categories.

A total of 602 edits have been made and our articles have been viewed 1,692,176 times

> LED Footwell lighting install , by a_v
Options V
I wanted to be able to change bulbs at will, and I always try to make my mods reversable. Thanks to the club for the ETACS pinout info - was spot on. For those interested, don't reverse the pins for driver/pasenger for right-drive cars; eg "driver's door" as labelled on the ETACS pinout is driver's for left and right-drive cars.

This little harness connects to the ETACS. The metal pins wedge into the back of the connector securely, meaning no wire splicing! I labelled the red connectors with "D" and "P". I love these little connectors; you can get them at Jaycar.

Here it is plugged in. Cable ties make everything pro.

A length of speaker wire plugs into the harness and goes to the lights. Testing the circuit at every step.

A 3-position switch lets me set the lights to on, off or to turn on/off with the respective door opening/closing. The switch mounts to a metal bracket picked up from Bunnings bent to shape.

The metal bracket mounts to an existing bolt threaded into the metal body of the car, conveniently giving me the ground for the switch's On position.

Completed light setup with switch and 2 194 bulb holders, ready to be mounted.

One of the passenger's side lights, showing the switch. Hot-glued into place, and wiring run under the carpet.

Switch on the driver's side mounted behind the foot rest. I don't know why my installer ran the amp power wire around the way he did, but it gave a good place to cable-tie some of my wiring out of the way.

One of the driver's side bulb holders. The tape was just to keep it in place while the hot glue set, not sure why I left it there.

See the final result in my garage!

Last update: Dec 4 2012, 03:01 PM by elantragt    Created: Dec 4 2012, 03:01 PM by elantragt    Edits: 1    Views: 7,120
Print article  Download MSWord version  Download txt version
Visit this article's discussion topic

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:16 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America