This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I heard an interesting comment on my car
Elantrick
post Jan 30 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #1 | Print

Sailin' Man
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Thanks Received: 2
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 51
Mood: Confident

A friend of mine suggested "Fenders and Fins" to do the repair of the damage to my doors after the bicycle hit me. Fenders and Fins is a body shop that specializes in older car restoration.
When I drove up, the owner made a comment that he saw my UJC (Universal Japanese car) pull up. OK, I should expect this from this type of establishment. The guy was very friendly and explained everything that they would do in detail.
After a week I finally was able to pick up the car. To my surprise, the owner said "That's one nice little car you have there. I'm impressed". He noted my short shifter and I told him it was an adjustable one. I told him a little about Hyundai's quality commitment and the mod's I have done to the car.
So, I think I may have at least convinced another person that Hyundai's have become much more acceptable option. Of course this guy wouldn't ever have a car that isn't at least 50 years old.

--------------------

Elantrick's 2004 Tidal Wave Blue GT

Sporting black with red stripe 17X7.5" Drag wheels, Nitto Neo-Gen 215/40/17 tires, 19.2 rear Sway Bar, Shark Adjustable Short Shifter with lifted frame, 100 watt head lamps,
with hid fog lamps wired independent of the Low beams, cold air intake, Edelbrock springs lowered 1.25" with KYB shocks and Tinted Windows.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Jan 30 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #2 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.03
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

I plan on keeping my car at least 50 years so maybe I have found a buyer! sarcasitc-bow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tirolerpeter
post Jan 30 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #3 | Print

Think Snow!
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Thanks Received: 4
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 113
Mood: Accomplished

Hey Elantrick I feel the same way as the guy in that shop. "It is a nice little car that we have." I went on a (day) ski trip with a guy that I had never traveled with last week. He had offered to drive us in his Mitsubishi Montero (I think it is) because it is all wheel drive and we were going into the mountains. I declined and told him we would just take my EGT. This particular ski area is about 190 miles from our town. My fellow skiers and I usually share the cost of fuel (I fill it up on the way to pick up my companions), tolls, and often split the driving after a tiring day of skiing. There was snow on the ground when we turned toward home and Bob was at the wheel. He couldn't believe how secure he felt in the bad road conditions. We stopped shortly after we left the ski area and he filled it up. He was shocked that he could only squeeze 7 gallons of gas into the tank. He has made this trip in his own car many times and he says that he has to put at least 15 to 16 gallons into his Mitsubishi at this same gas station for the trip home. He was not only impressed with the handling (He said: This feels like a much heavier car.") and fuel milage. He also was astounded at the "standard" equipment that the car came with for $13,600+tax. He paid a total of $33,000 for his SUV and can't get it to deliver better than 15mpg no matter how he drives it.

--------------------

A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
MattCXX
post Feb 1 2005, 10:26 PM
Post #4 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 41

"He couldn't believe how secure he felt in the bad road conditions"

Roger that. I live in SW PA near the ridges and have to drive in inclement weather all the time. This car does quite well in snow. What's even better, is when my all-seasons wore down, I put a set of cheaper Kelly Magna-Grip winter tires on the front. I can climb almost all of the steep icy roads in my area now. Front wheel drive is great in the snow if you know how to run with it.

--------------------

'03 Rally Red GT Hatch. 5mt no sunroof.

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts anyone live in baltimore area?
13 05daily 64,014 11th April 2017 - 10:01 AM
Last post by: Alphabetwiz
No New Posts Another OEM Nav upgrade?
0 Docnoisewater 1,245 2nd March 2017 - 09:35 PM
Last post by: Docnoisewater
No New Posts Any recommended age-related maintenance?
2 DaveJ 746 19th February 2017 - 11:13 AM
Last post by: DaveJ
No New Posts My 2017 AD Elantra RS (Yes RS) :)-
4 billy4u 66,642 26th January 2017 - 09:16 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsAnyone remember this?
3 elantragt 2,652 20th December 2016 - 02:51 PM
Last post by: trololololo

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:37 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America