This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GT issue at 1K, Audio system and fake alarms
FurunoFan
post Oct 22 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #1 | Print

J.Electron-Elantra 2013 GT
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Thanks Received: 120
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 13,648
Mood: Happy

The other day my radio was playing XM and it turned off and then back on, all by itself. I thought it might have something to do with XM getting a subscription update.

Today, I was listing to normal radio and used the voice system to make a call on my cell. As it was in progress of making the call, it did the same thing. It turned off and back on all by itself. I hadn't hit any bumps or anything. I have some sort of audio system problem.

On top of that ... I am not sure if it is related or not but every time my wife went to unlock the car to use the car, I got a Bluelink alarm alert. This happened twice but the alarm didn't go off and the car never made a sound. Since the alarm button is on the underside of the unlock button, I suspect this might be something to with my wife and not the car. I switched keys with her and waiting to see if it happens again. If an error on her part, you think the car alarm would have sounded..

I am starting to lose faith in my new GT... I love the mileage and ride but the build quality isn't anything near my old Tucson. I guess I am going to get my first test of the GT warrantee.

--------------------

A proud member of the Elantra club.
2013 Elantra GT 6-Sp M/T w/Style
2008 Nissan Versa SL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Oct 22 2012, 08:28 PM
Post #2 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon
Group: VIP Members
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Thanks Received: 478
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 34
Mood: Optimistic

When you said the radio turned off, did the whole headunit turn off and then back on? It sounds like there might be a loose connection with the wires and should be a pretty easy fix. When they're looking at the headunit, maybe they can see if there is a way to adjust the brightness (which I think was an issue you were having).

When you say you got a bluelink alarm alert, what exactly do you mean by that? I actually haven't fully set up my blue link. Did you get an email saying the alarm went off or was it an alert in the car itself? I really need to get that set up biggrin.gif

--------------------

Please consider helping keep the club online and independent. Donate here to help the club.

Current Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 spd manual w/ the style and tech packages
Previous Hyundai's: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE in Venetian Red; 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 3.3L V-6 in Ebony Black; 2004 Elantra GT, 5 spd manual in tidal wave blue

+Quote Post
1 members thank Alex2013GT for this post
FurunoFan
FurunoFan
post Oct 22 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #3 | Print

Group Icon

Yes, the entire head unit turned off without anything showing on the LCD. I will tell them about the brightness too. Thanks I would have forgotten)
I setup my bluelink online and it sends me a text message to my cell phone when this alert happens.

Overall, I haven't been impressed with bluelink and rarely use it. The "find lowest gas prices" and the "weather info" are nice, but not anything to justify the cost. The turn by turn navigation is more of a pain to use than it is worth.

--------------------

2008 Nissan Versa SL

+Quote Post
1 members thank FurunoFan for this post
Swee's Coupe
LeMeez
post Oct 22 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #4 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Thanks Received: 23
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 13,293
Mood: Wise

I find it's best to mute the turn by turn so it doesn't interrupt the music. In new terratory it is nice the way the side screen shows the turn details, even the countdown metres/yards. I'm very impressed with the nav system and it's sophistication! I,ve never experienced an outage like you have, almost 5K on the odometer.

--------------------

2013 Elantra GT - Monaco White SE Tech pkg.

+Quote Post
Red Elantra GT
post Oct 22 2012, 09:37 PM
Post #5 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Thanks Received: 136
Member No.: 11,366
Mood: Carefree

Hey-haven't had any problems with my '13 GT. XM looses signals under certain circumstances, like overhead structures and objects. I've turned down the brightness on the Nav/Radio screen.

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT

+Quote Post
FurunoFan
post Oct 23 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #6 | Print

Group Icon

Just to be clear I don't have the Nav system (tech package). I have the style package but it offers turn by turn directions that get downloaded to the system from Bluelink. I have made an appointment with the dealer to see what is going on.

--------------------

2008 Nissan Versa SL

+Quote Post
Swee's Coupe
post Dec 1 2012, 10:46 AM
Post #7 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 14,001
Mood: Hostile

QUOTE (FurunoFan @ Oct 22 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Yes, the entire head unit turned off without anything showing on the LCD. I will tell them about the brightness too. Thanks I would have forgotten)
I setup my bluelink online and it sends me a text message to my cell phone when this alert happens.

Overall, I haven't been impressed with bluelink and rarely use it. The "find lowest gas prices" and the "weather info" are nice, but not anything to justify the cost. The turn by turn navigation is more of a pain to use than it is worth.

I agree Fur! Eric's Fe has Bluelink and I think we expected more like OnStar, where you get an actual person. Heck, most phones can do the same things that the bluelink does in terms of internet access by voice command. If we got an actual person and didn't have to repeat what we say, it might be worth the greenback.

When our 6m/year is up on, we will only subscribe to a few of their services.

When reading this thread I also saw where someone mentioned the Sat skipping in and out with overhead structures. My Coupe does the same thing but Eric's Fe doesn't. Nice strong signal in his. A tree even in sapling form can wreak havoc on my Sat.

--------------------

My last car did a buck ten, the officer gave me a certificate of authenticity to prove it.

+Quote Post
RPW00Mirage
post Dec 1 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #8 | Print

That Mitsubishi Guy
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Thanks Received: 423
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 11,480
Mood: Complacent

bluelink sucks it is a horrible travesty, a completely useless and unfinished service. hell, you can do more with a blackberry in your hand on the side of the road. i renewed for some awful reason and it was a huge waste of money. i dont get my monthly reports, and most of the time i cant establish a call even after it rings 10-15 times.

the XM reception is HORRIBLE in my area, but is that way with every vehicle. would be alot better if sirius was offered up here as southern states have much stronger Xm reception due to satellite orientation.

it really does sound like you may have a loose connection in the dash though.

--------------------

2014 Veloster Turbo - racecar

2002 Elantra GLS - DEAD AND GONE DEAD AND GONE

+Quote Post
FurunoFan
post Dec 3 2012, 08:52 AM
Post #9 | Print

Group Icon

The dealer couldn't locate anything but I have the complaint on the record. It happened one more time since the dealer. (three times total now)
It is just like someone turns off the radio and then back on. It is almost like someone told the radio to re-boot or some kind of software crash. It is never related to bumps or things that might relate to a loose connection. I will make the complaint again next time the car is into the dealer.

I was out in the middle of no where and need the Turn by Turn because I didn't have my cell phone. The "new navigation" couldn't even find a good address. I spoke out the full address and it took about two minutes for it to says it back to me (to ensure this was where I wanted) and when I said "Yes", I was told "not found". Bluelink needs a lot of work. I wrote it all up during my last survey with Hyundai. When my trial is over, so is my bluelink.

--------------------

2008 Nissan Versa SL

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts At least one more year of EC
0 elantragt 25,173 5th November 2020 - 10:05 AM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Attachment space
2 cabreco 50,379 29th October 2016 - 11:58 AM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts Attention New England people!!
3 slowgls 785 1st October 2016 - 08:55 AM
Last post by: slowgls
No New Posts AT 2000 elantra
no reverse forward fine tips?
5 duelly581 1,476 16th December 2014 - 04:40 PM
Last post by: duelly581
No New Posts GTA Meet on Sat Sept 8th
10 Bianco 14,911 7th December 2014 - 05:30 PM
Last post by: Plain Jane

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:30 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America