This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Damage and accidents to your Elantra
remfan
post Jul 9 2005, 06:13 PM
Post #49 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 382

Kind of an odd first post for me, but I came across this place looking for info on Elantras and accidents... since I just got into one the other week. So, I thought I'd share my photos smile.gif

Of course, the accident was not my fault wink.gif , but I ended up hitting the other car as it proceeded (unsafely I might add) through an intersection. I slammed on my brakes, but it was too late and I rammed into the left side of the other car. In fact, you can see an outline of the other car's rim on the front of my bumper.

The damage isn't that bad to my car, but it's just enough that it's annoying and needs to be repaired... lots of paint scratches, little dents, and an alignment that is now a little off. And now I've got to find a good body shop. Anyone know of any in the bay area? smile.gif

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2k4ElantraGT
post Jul 9 2005, 06:39 PM
Post #50 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Member No.: 556
Mood: Accomplished

damn, bro sorry to see that...glad that hasn't happend tomine yet...:::knock on wood:::

--------------------

+Quote Post
da1tank
post Jul 9 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #51 | Print

PGA Professional
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Member No.: 395
Mood: Excited

i'm guess i'm fortunate for not havin an accident, but many close calls and like wat 2k4 said it is sad, but glad to know if i get in an accident i'm not alone, and i had 2 girls like layout on my trunk before, i was so mad angry-hitselfonhead.gif , but had to keep cool... whistle.gif

--------------------

Clemson PGM Alumni Dec 2009

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Jul 9 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #52 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.02
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

Remfan, thank you for posting that. Hmm let's see..you joined in Feb and finally posted in July! 676.gif thumbsup.gif

Seriously though don't be afraid to post we don't bite!

--------------------

+Quote Post
captainj
post Jul 12 2005, 12:01 AM
Post #53 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Member No.: 389

Very good news guys...
I have been busy working since i wrecked my elantra and I have purchased a 99 elantra with 78,000 miles/automatic off of eBay for $810. The car is rebuilt which is why i got it so cheap. I am getting the car inspected but it will pass for sure, so I should have the car road worthy in 1-2 weeks. After I get this car, i will be using my other car for parts and swap it over to 5-spd just like i did with my other elantra. I am so glad that I finally found another elantra and for real cheap. I have to admit I really missed driving that car. I will be providing more details after I get my car.

--------------------

+Quote Post
silet
post Jul 12 2005, 08:21 AM
Post #54 | Print

Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Thanks Received: 137
Trader Stats: 14 (100%)
Member No.: 5
Mood: Blah

Nice going captainj thumbsup.gif good luck with the 99!!!

--------------------

05 Tidal Wave GLS 5 spd

+Quote Post
edge718
post Jul 14 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #55 | Print

2004 Elantra GLS
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 289
Mood: Refreshed

Happened about 5 months ago---hit and run while my car was parked outside during the night---came with a $450 repair bill to bang out the door and fender and to paint it.

UPDATE: 8 months later my 04 was involved in another hit run outside my house, unbelieveable angry-hitselfonhead.gif

--------------------

XD2 Sedan

+Quote Post
seriousblack
post Jul 28 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #56 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Member No.: 1,031

hi everyone...

as you can see in my info, my elantra is a vga that i repaired myself (with the help of my dad!)

Sadfully, it took me only 5 month to crash it again... some says a vga car is cursed but i dont believe that!

the crash that happened this spring was due to a city bus that stop in front of me to offload commuters. i did'nt want to get stuck behind it and lose my green light so i did a quick look up at my dead angle and decided to pass it like you're supposed to but i was'nt sure 100% that i did'nt have a car following me so at the last second, i made my move but i tryed to stay as close as possible to the bus in case somebody was behind me in the other lane. being new with my elantra and upgrading from a tercel (witch is a lot smaller car) i miscalculated of about an inch and sideswipped my car on the bus. The scratch start in the middle of the front fender and end in the quarter pannel... The whole F"/$%ing car is scratched angry-hitselfonhead.gif angry-hitselfonhead.gif !!! i bought a new fender and a used door from a 2003 gls 2 new side molding . The rear door and quarter panel will be fix by the body shop.

total cost? part 700$ canadian
body labor$ 800$to 1000$ canadian depending on how much i can do myself to lower the cost.

Let me say that i learned something that day and now, i wait behind buses!!!

i'll try to sent you some pic before i have it repaired (probably next week or the other one after...)

--------------------

Battlestar Galactica Rules!

+Quote Post
ronjr
post Jul 28 2005, 06:40 PM
Post #57 | Print

'05 Electric Red GT
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Member No.: 1,150

Is it just me, or does it seem that the Elantra as a whole is accident prone and when it is in an accident, it is $$$$!

I have driven for 24 years and never been in involved in one, I sure hate to think that now I drive one of these it is more likely to occur and the damage to the car is extensive. Wirse yet, I have a 14yo daughter and when she starts driving I was planning on giving her this car. Maybe now I shouldn't.

On the good side, like some have said, I didn't hear many of you state that anyone was seriously hurt in one of these.

It stands to reason that with a lower price tag than most, they somewhere somehow had to make that money back. It sounds as if the frame isn't as structually sound as on other makes. I really hope that isn't the case. scared-yikes1.gif

--------------------

"Great minds discuss ideas,
Average minds discuss events,
Weak minds discuss people."

+Quote Post
pope_luke
post Jul 30 2005, 06:34 PM
Post #58 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Member No.: 1,195

I've had my elantra for about a year and a half now. Or is it 2 and a half? Wow. I don't even know.
I got rear ended by a van at a stop light once. I'm still wearing the damage right now. Some scrapes and rips on the bumper, as well as it being a little unlevel on one side. I'm not too worried about it, and almost don't care. I got a check from the insurance company to fix it, but just pocketed the cash. ^_^;;;
About a month ago, I found a scrape on my driver's side door. about a foot long, half of it is under the mirror, and some of the black plastic on the mirror is scraped off. A small dent in the door, too. I still can't figure out how someone managed to pull that one off... and with what? I need to get it fixed soon, since some parts are scraped to bare metal... I'm worried about the cost. T_T

--------------------

+Quote Post
84chief
post Sep 11 2005, 08:45 PM
Post #59 | Print

Club Newbie
Group Icon
Thanks Received: 1
Member No.: 147

How about this one: I was backing into my garage, thinking my roommate (who had just brought the trash can back into the garage) had seen me coming and had left the garage door open. Unfortunately, he had not seen me, and had hit the button to close the garage door as he went back into the house. The garage door didn't start coming down until I was already underneath it, so I didn't see it, but I sure heard the crunch when it came down onto the roof of my Elantra GT hatch! The door went back up automatically after it hit the car, but it was too late to prevent the rear window washer nozzle from being pulled off.

I can get a replacement washer nozzle and plug the end of the hose into it and just snap it into the opening, but I guess I'll have to remove the headliner to get at it, since I can't think of any way to fish the end of the hose out of that little hole on the top rear of the roof where the nozzle popped off. Does anyone have any advice on removing the headliner or any alternate suggestions? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

--------------------

+Quote Post
2loud2k2xd
post Sep 11 2005, 09:20 PM
Post #60 | Print

Poster Pro
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Member No.: 334

ok, so the xd got its 1st ding, well its more like a big dent. while removing the front jacks when doing the suspension this weekend, we moved the jacks out from under the car. the rear was still on a jack, so we lowered it too. well, one of the jacks was under the rocker panel a little and when we lowered the rear jack, it lowered the car on the jack causing the rocker panel to cave in a bit. OMG, this is the first thing thats happened to it. you cant really tell, but, its still there.
im going to call my dent guy and see if he can fix it (he's just gonna laugh at it tho, its pretty bad). ill take a pic tomorrow and post it.

--------------------

user posted image
sig made by Vampyrate
click here for k-sport coilover deal:
http://www.elantraclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7555

+Quote Post
14 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Elantra Sport review
4 elantragt 113,161 21st June 2017 - 05:26 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No new Pinned: TO Talk
random TO stuff
31 sarge 142,975 9th December 2016 - 07:25 PM
Last post by: groucho
No New Posts Elantra GLS 2016 Diesel HID to Xenon