This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Replica/Kit cars
elantraguy241
post Sep 20 2013, 01:13 AM
Post #1 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Thanks Received: 35
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 13,322
Mood: Thankful

So i've always had a passion for Lamborghini's since I was much younger. I always dream of owning one some day, but with owning an exotic car comes a lot of expenses. I'm so jealous that my ex's uncle has a Gallardo and she had the chance to drive it too. ohmy.gif I literally melted when I saw a black Gallardo leave the gas station a while back when I fueled up Serenity. It just so happened while going on a late night youtube video fest that I came across this company that makes high quality replica cars. These replicas are pretty reasonably priced too. For example I could buy a replica Lamborghini Aventador for only a few hundred more than an Elantra with the preferred package. These cars are equipped with the latest safety features and are actually pretty good on gas if you get the "base" version.

Heres the website if anyone is interested in seeing if this company makes your dream car. cool.gif

http://audiusamotors.com/index.php

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xdforme22
post Sep 22 2013, 11:50 AM
Post #2 | Print

aka J-Dubb
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Thanks Received: 36
Member No.: 3,249
Mood: Exhausted

Wow! That is pretty neat. I could see looking at this if it wouldn't be too hard to get the car serviced. Especially when you can get engines from mustangs or camrys, the reliability and parts availability would probably be pretty decent. I just wonder if fixing anything else would be absurdly expensive.

--------------------

QUOTE (Veloster.org)
- MTD - "As long TCS is defeatable like in the current Genesis, I dont have a problem with it."
- GreyGhost12 "Anything is "defeatable" with a set of snips... Just like a Vasectomy, your troops are instantly "defeated" with a quick snip. ;-)"

QUOTE (Rob @ Feb 27 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]273652[/snapback]
The only thing "hardcore" about a Civic is fuel economy!

QUOTE (cobas @ Feb 8 2011, 01:30 PM) [snapback]323365[/snapback]
This car is perfect for the late teen, early 20 something who wants to be 2 fast and 2 furious on a budget. You'll look the part, you just won't be fast but you will sound like you are!"

+Quote Post
TJVJR
post Sep 22 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #3 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Thanks Received: 18
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 6,606
Mood: Grateful

Neat.....Wonder if there is any drivetrain warranty?

--------------------

2001 Tiburon, auto , daily driver .
95 Mazda MX6,2.0 5 speed,CAI,Greddy cat back exhaust;
96 Mazda MX6 M Edition,refreshed 2.5 V6 5 speed,CAI ,Dynomax testpipe,Raven dual chamber/dual exit muffler-few interior mods.
2000 Elantra ,sold but not forgot .
A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
elantraguy241
post Sep 22 2013, 09:14 PM
Post #4 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon

QUOTE (TJVJR @ Sep 22 2013, 08:31 PM) *
Neat.....Wonder if there is any drivetrain warranty?

Here's a quote from the website regarding warranties.

"Warranty policy covers components like air conditioning, audio systems, vehicle sensors, fuel systems and major electrical components. Also includes regular maintenance, like fluid top-offs and oil changes Powertrain: 3-year or 100,000-mile powertrain warranty free repairs for your car for three years and covers the engine and transmission, along with any other moving parts that lead to the wheels, including the driveshaft and CV joints and covers regular maintenance like engine tune-ups and tire rotations."

For a replica building company this sounds like a great deal for what they do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex2013GT
post Sep 22 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #5 | Print

GT for life!
Group Icon
Group: VIP Members
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Thanks Received: 478
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 34
Mood: Optimistic

That is pretty awesome. I showed the Lambo to my wife and said that was my next car. laugh.gif

--------------------

Please consider helping keep the club online and independent. Donate here to help the club.

Current Car: 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT, 6 spd manual w/ the style and tech packages
Previous Hyundai's: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE in Venetian Red; 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS, 3.3L V-6 in Ebony Black; 2004 Elantra GT, 5 spd manual in tidal wave blue

+Quote Post
elantraguy241
post Sep 22 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #6 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon

Haha, I had that same feeling when I saw the Lambo's. Not only are they relatively cheap especially when you look at the higher spec'd ones,but they have a lot of safety features for being replica cars.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobzilla
post Sep 23 2013, 05:18 AM
Post #7 | Print

Proud GLT Owner
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 633
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 532
Mood: Hyper

It would have to be better in real life than the real thing. If you're more than 5'11" tall, you can't drive a Lambo. wink.gif Driven them (in anger)and they're alright. Definately not worth the asking price/cost of ownership.

--------------------

Founding Member of the Indiana Chapter of the Teeny Weeny Club for Secure Adult Males

"Drag racing is for fast cars, and autocrossing is for fast drivers" -Toecutter

+Quote Post
popeye
post Sep 23 2013, 08:56 AM
Post #8 | Print

Idiot Savant
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Thanks Received: 256
Trader Stats: 4 (100%)
Member No.: 1,406
Mood: Uncertain

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha in my hood! This explains why I've seen a Lambo and a Ferrari across the street from my house!

When Miami Vice was popular, a company in Santee (probably the same people involved here) built knock-offs of Sonny's Daytona. Not the same company that built the ones actually used though (that's McBurnie).

I wonder how long before Audi sends them a cease and desist for the name alone, qand then the other companies for the use and likeness of their product and logos...

--------------------

To Helena Handbasket!

+Quote Post
elantraguy241
post Sep 23 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #9 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon

Considering this company was founded in 1973 and still makes Audi branded replicas leads me to think that the Volkswagen Group is just fine with them. biggrin.gif They better stay that way too b/c I'm going to get one of those replica Lambo's one day. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xdforme22
post Oct 2 2013, 09:50 PM
Post #10 | Print

aka J-Dubb
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Thanks Received: 36
Member No.: 3,249
Mood: Exhausted

I prefer the thought of a reliable Aston, but to each his own! Or maybe a Bugatti. I just think it would be funny to pull up in one of the Lambos or Ferraris equipped with the 5.0 Mustang engine. It would sound so different from the typical italian that people would wonder. Then again, getting that Camry v6 option in a lot of those cars would just be embarrassing!

--------------------

QUOTE (Veloster.org)
- MTD - "As long TCS is defeatable like in the current Genesis, I dont have a problem with it."
- GreyGhost12 "Anything is "defeatable" with a set of snips... Just like a Vasectomy, your troops are instantly "defeated" with a quick snip. ;-)"

QUOTE (Rob @ Feb 27 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]273652[/snapback]
The only thing "hardcore" about a Civic is fuel economy!

QUOTE (cobas @ Feb 8 2011, 01:30 PM) [snapback]323365[/snapback]
This car is perfect for the late teen, early 20 something who wants to be 2 fast and 2 furious on a budget. You'll look the part, you just won't be fast but you will sound like you are!"

+Quote Post
Vinnie
post Oct 13 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #11 | Print

Elantra Guru
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Thanks Received: 558
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 7,533
Mood: Evil

Judge Rules The Sale Of Replica Kit Cars Illegal

A judge in Florida has ruled that companies that re-body donor cars to make them look like other models are illegal and infringe on patents and trademarks, striking a blow to people everywhere who want to make their Chrysler Sebring not look like the wretched Chrysler Sebring that it is.

The company in question Fugazzi Cars, would re-body Chrysler Sebrings to make them look like Bentley Continental GTCs. Bentley did not like that, and sued Fugazzi owner Matthew McEntegart, along with another company, Keeping It Real Auto Customizing, last year in U.S. District Court. Bentley sought to shut the companies down, along with "tens of thousands of dollars in damages," which is not enough to buy a real Bentley, according to ABC News. The owner of Fugazzi is still pleading ignorance, despite the ruling:

"He's a small business owner supporting a family and has not done anything with Bentley Motors since learning they were not authorized," [his lawyer] McGuire said.

It's pretty laughable that someone would claim to have no idea that building fiberglass models of Bentleys and then using the Bentley name would've been illegal, but them's the breaks. McEntegart said that everything was all cool though because he never actually took a mold of a Bentley Continental, so there's that. The judge didn't buy it.

This sort of thing has been going on for nearly forever, with Pontiac Fieros being turned into Ferraris serving as the most common example. A lot of people build these things themselves, such as the basement Lamborghini, but going out and selling "Bentley Car Kits" when you are not Bentley is not exactly above-board. Other companies that make replicas, such as Superformance, tend to have a license before going ahead and starting up a big business around it.

In fairness to Bentley, this isn't so much big-corporation-going-after-little-guy as it is a serious business matter. If you don't sue people for using your trademark, you can lose it, in a concept known as "abandonment."

In fairness to McEntegart, though, the replicas were pretty spot on for this sort of thing.

Photo credit: Alexandre Prévot

You can read the original lawsuit below:

Bentley Motors v Fugazzi Cars

source: http://jalopnik.com/judge-rules-replica-kit-cars-illegal-1444390832

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek
post Oct 13 2013, 05:46 PM
Post #12 | Print

Club Regular
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Thanks Received: 17
Member No.: 15,269
Mood: Thirsty

Some manufacturers have won cases while others have not. Popeye is dead on, Ferrari sued McBurnie back in the late 80's and won a cease and desist case against them. NBC was next in line if they didn't take it off the show. That's when the new Testarossa came onto the show. Carrol Shelby lost his case against Factory Five a few years back for copyright infringement on the Cobra replicas they produce. It's seems it's a crap shoot on what the ruling is going to be. Mongoose Motorsports was under the gun from GM in 2010 and got on board with them and now offer officially licensed products. http://www.mongoosems.com. These are far from being cheap knockoffs though. It's hard to believe this company has been flying under the radar for 40 years.

--------------------

A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
1 members thank Marek for this post
popeye
2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Cars and songs!
22 only1db 3,385 11th August 2010 - 02:15 PM
Last post by: Rob
No New Posts Carsponsors.com
5 02elantragt 4,811 9th March 2010 - 11:10 PM
Last post by: 02elantragts gurl
No new cars.com drives the 2009 Elantra Touring
they like it... but...