This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting to know YOUR community
elantragt
post Nov 29 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #1 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

This is directed at both long time members and new members that plan on sticking around for the long haul. Lurkers and hit and run members (people who ask for help, get their issue solved and leave) need not read this.

I think it's time for everybody to really look around at all of the community, from the forum to the main site to all the links we have here. It boggles my mind to see someone say " I had no idea you could donate or had VIP memberships" when there are links and buttons everywhere for that. I've spent 10 years developing EC into a very complete place. Heck, most members don't even know how many options they have via their "My Controls" area or how cool or informative the "My Assistant" is. Small features like the "Thumbs-up" button or the "Friends" concept are ofter overlooked. How many people have ever really looked at some of the profiles to see that even those are interactive and comments can be left... or that you can have both a small avatar in posts and a different "personal photo" on your profile page?

Next time you visit EC, Look and click on all the links in My Controls. Check out the Help pages or the chat room. Look at the bottom of the forums index page to read the club rules. I'm constantly amazed how many regular members don't use the "Insert Special Item" dropdown in the text editor. It allows you to embed Youtube videos and much more.

This place is much more than just posts. One of the most neglected area has always been the "Community" dropdown below the banner. There used to be 12 things there but due to members indifference I dropped 7 features including cool ones like EC Sudoku, the Photo Contest system and the Download Center. Still we have important stuff there like the Trader Ratings and VIP Membership info, Member Showcase and Car of the Month.

ElantraClub is anything you want it to be. If you want to lurk, lurk. If you want to save money with info before you go to the dealer, do that. Ask away. If you need an answer ask it and never come back if you want. But, if you like this place and want to be here for the long haul please, please check out as much of the community as you can. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised how much we have here and knowledge is power.

Mitch

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
6 members thank elantragt for this post
Alex2013GT, bhorste, FurunoFan, Kate31, slowgls, Vinnie
Greg08101995
post Nov 29 2012, 11:51 AM
Post #2 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Thanks Received: 68
Trader Stats: 1 (100%)
Member No.: 12,021
Mood: Relaxed

may i make a suggestion ? is there any way to make that area larger so it catches people eyes ? Or make it a color that attracts people to it ? I am thinking that people might be overlooking it due to the size and/or color of the links . ( or I could be way off and it's the beer talking ) .

--------------------

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Nov 29 2012, 11:54 AM
Post #3 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

If you're talking about the links below the header, the Community one is a different color to stand out. The issue with going too big is the site will look like crap to people with low res monitors. Not everyone has huge montors, even today. It really boils down to people simply taking the time to click stuff and check everything out. Sort of like when you buy something before you read the owner's manual. wink.gif Just play with the buttons!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: TO Talk
random TO stuff
31 sarge 138,951 9th December 2016 - 07:25 PM
Last post by: groucho
No New Posts Towing Inflatable Boat with my Elantra
3 Spectre 15,493 22nd April 2016 - 09:54 PM
Last post by: Spectre
No New Posts Towing Question: I just got a free dinghy boat