This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 15 years online
elantragt
post Aug 20 2017, 02:55 PM
Post #1 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.04
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

It's been a long run. ElantraClub will always hold a special place for me, something I built out of nothing. A place that was one of the most active and important places for any Elantra owner to check out.

Over the years, activity has gotten less and less. Probably a reflection on the way social media has changed things and how saturated the internet is these days. It also kind of shows that the buyers of the newer Elantras aren't into their cars the way we XD gen buyers were.

I started the site back in 2002, and it never would have gotten off the ground without the patience of my beloved bride, Tammy. She let me work on this for hour after hour (on dial-up mind you) because she knew it was something I believed in. Tammy was always the best person in my world and that world change completely when she died unexpectedly on March 6, 2015. I loved Tammy to the ends of the earth and beyond and always will. She was my everything.

Just a little anecdote. My 2002 Elantra GT hatch was my pride and joy. I spent thousands modding it and hour after hour keeping it looking shiny and pristine. On that fateful day when I walked into the house after it had been totaled in a near head on collision, I went up to the bedroom to talk to Tammy about it. She knew how much that car meant to me and was shocked I was in such good spirits. Well, as I told her... a car is a "thing"; and I told her that having her in my life and her love was the only thing that really mattered to me.

-------------

I tried my best to keep this place going. Even with the low activity and serious server/software issues, I tried to move us forward. Built an all new forum that was fast and mobile friendly. But alas, we were only getting a couple posts a week. I knew EC's time was over and reluctantly closed down the new forums.

Attached File  ElantraClub___Information___2017_08_20_15.37.58.jpg ( 363.86K ) Number of downloads: 3

I am keeping this forum and the older archive up for the time being. If donations come in, I'll keep it up even longer.

Thank you all again for believing in ElantraClub. We were something special.

Mitch

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 members thank elantragt for this post
popeye, VIG
Bigs
post Aug 21 2017, 09:32 AM
Post #2 | Print

I ran out of ideas...
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 1.49
Thanks Received: 31
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 158
Mood: Indescribable

You've had a good run Mitch, I think it's time to think about yourself and start relaxing. Thanks for what you have given us since the opening, you should be proud of it. thumbsup.gif

Take care.

Marc

--------------------

2017 Santa Fe Sport SE 2.4L AWD (mine)
2016 Accent SE (wife)
How to donate - Let's keep the Club alive!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 150,000 miles
what to service?
0 13ABLtd 576 26th June 2017 - 07:19 PM
Last post by: 13ABLtd
No New Posts 15 headlights
15 Elantra limited projector headlight question
3 Porkchop 1,124 24th May 2016 - 10:50 PM
Last post by: Porkchop