/wink.gif,could,find,any,online,information,this,repair,when,researched,,took,me,while,pieces,together,,hopefully,article,give,jump,start." />
This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Recent edits
Shark Racing Cr... by elantragt
  Dec 25 2016, 09:01 PM
Audio Buying ti... by elantragt
  Dec 23 2016, 03:16 PM
Basic cleaning ... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 12:05 PM
Adding LED'... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:57 AM
Solid Motor Mou... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:46 AM
Body color head... by elantragt
  Dec 22 2016, 11:41 AM

Stats
Our members have created a total of 137 articles in 13 categories.

A total of 602 edits have been made and our articles have been viewed 1,723,266 times

> Blower Motor (speed) Resistor Replacement , AC/Heater blower fan speed control repair - 2004 Elantra GLS
Options V
If your heat and air conditioning blower speed control stops working on the lower speeds (1-3), and only works on setting 4, you likely have a bad blower motor resistor. Replacement part cost $35.00-$46.00.

Be sure the blower fuse is good, see the 'glove box manual' that came with the car, if the fuse is good, then you need to replace the resistor, especially if the blower works on high (4) speed. The resistor allows the blower/fan to work on the slower speeds. High speed uses full power (no resistance) and still works because it does not need the resistor, replace the resistor to get the lower speeds.

The resistor is easy to reach, but hard to see, you've got to put your head way in under the dash. Under the glove box up against the firewall, on the bottom of the blower assembly, you'll see a wiring harness connector, with 2 phillips head screws on either side of the connector.

Here's a blower assembly schematic I found on line. Part #9 is the resistor you need to replace.

Pull the wiring harness connector off the bottom of the blower assembly. Use a stubby (short) screw driver, take out both screws and the resistor will drop down out of the blower assembly. Install the new resistor, reconnect the wiring harness and you are done. It's an easy repair, except for the standing on your head part. wink.gif

I could not find any online information for this repair when I researched, it took me a while to put the pieces together, hopefully this article will give you a jump start.

Last update: Feb 28 2010, 12:15 AM by elantragt    Created: Feb 27 2010, 04:15 PM by petewb1    Edits: 3    Views: 15,619
Print article  Download MSWord version  Download txt version
Visit this article's discussion topic

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:21 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America