This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Removing TCS & ABS fuses?
cclngthr
post Jan 14 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #13 | Print

The teach
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 426
Mood: Calm

QUOTE (ricerrx7 @ Jan 14 2007, 12:27 PM)
Colin, this thread had NOTHING to do with how the HD works.

I said:

If there is a CAN line fault code, the system and other systems are often turned off or cut in half. LateAPXR could not get his car to rev past 5500 as a result of the CAN line failure.

Reread my post then respond.

--------------------

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"
John Betjeman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ricerrx7
post Jan 14 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #14 | Print

Automotive Technician
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Thanks Received: 8
Member No.: 247
Mood: Blah

QUOTE (cclngthr @ Jan 14 2007, 02:20 PM)
On my car, with the many CAN line systems in it, some CAN line failures can cause the throttle response to be cut in 1/2. Other failures can cause the fuel system and ignition system to be turned off (depending on the failure).

This is one instance where I think it might be best to leave it alone (flame on).

Reread your own post, then respond.

--------------------

QUOTE (doc1987 @ Aug 29 2007, 02:33 PM)
call me a perfectsiotist but i...

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Jan 14 2007, 04:18 PM
Post #15 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Posts Per Day: 3.03
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

Guys... take it ouside! tongue.gif

Let's keep it friendly ok? blush.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toecutter
post Jan 14 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #16 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Thanks Received: 1
Member No.: 2,014
Mood: Accomplished

Whoa guys! No need to start a fight. I didn't take Colin's response as an anti-mod rant. In fairness I don't think that he was telling me not to mod. He was only warning me that if I mess with it, I might have some CAN issues that I may not be able to resolve with the Equus 3030. In that case, I would take it in to get it straightened out.

I know that the XD is not the HD and that the CAN lines in the XD are probably less advanced than in the HD, but there exists the potential for problems. However, I won't find out unless I try.

So let's say, I will take his prediction of woe "under advisement", and do it anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
roydjt
post Jan 14 2007, 04:31 PM
Post #17 | Print

Outta the way!
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Thanks Received: 272
Trader Stats: 4 (100%)
Member No.: 33
Mood: Cocky

Toecutter, I don't think you have to worry about CAN failure codes. LateAPEXR's error was caused by a defective sensor, so the code was a secondary indicator. Besides, even if you did get some kind of malfunction due to the absence of the fuse, all you would have to do is pop it back in and you are back up to full speed.

-Roy

--------------------

"If what Jesus said was good, what can it matter if he was God or not?" - Kurt Vonnegut

+Quote Post
cclngthr
post Jan 14 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #18 | Print

The teach
Group Icon

I must say this first. People should read the entire thing before jumping to conclusions. It thorougly pisses me off when people can't comprehend something I write. If I have to start treating people here like a 2nd grader, I will do that. You are supposed to be high school graduates and I do expect that out of all adults and have an expectation that you should be able to comprehend on a 12th grade level. If you can't, that is your tough luck and don't need to respond to my posts.

QUOTE (Toecutter @ Jan 14 2007, 01:23 PM)
Whoa guys!  No need to start a fight.  I didn't take Colin's response as an anti-mod rant.  In fairness I don't think that he was telling me not to mod.  He was only warning me that if I mess with it, I might have some CAN issues that I may not be able to resolve with the Equus 3030.  In that case, I would take it in to get it straightened out.

I know that the XD is not the HD and that the CAN lines in the XD are probably less advanced than in the HD, but there exists the potential for problems.  However, I won't find out unless I try.

So let's say, I will take his prediction of woe "under advisement", and do it anyway.

I said that LateAPXR had an issue with the CAN line and as a result, he had seen he was limited in power because he no longer could redline. He was limited to a 5500 rpm top rev limiter, not a 6500 rev limit the XD has. He also had his ABS system turned off by the ECU. Any 12th grader who reads at that level should be able to figure that (like the HD) the ECU will limit something in response to certain failures on the XD.

Is it possible for Toecutter to get CAN codes by not having the ABS on? It may, or may not happen. I don't know that if by disabling the ABS on the XD will cause codes. It is a possibility though. Since LateAPXR had a problem with his car, due to a faulty wheel (speed) sensor, on his car, there WAS an issue (which Joe did ligitamately bring up) with a ABS system being off.

Toecutter was asking me about the scan tool he has. I pointed out that there are CAN lines in the XD with certain systems in the car and when disabled, he could run into unexpected problems. If he wants to try it on a weekend without being at a race, that is his choice (and my suggestion) and being prepared for an unexpected result is better than not knowing about it beforehand.

--------------------

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"
John Betjeman

+Quote Post
roydjt
post Jan 14 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #19 | Print

Outta the way!
Group Icon
Group: Leader
Posts Per Day: 0.85
Thanks Received: 272
Trader Stats: 4 (100%)
Member No.: 33
Mood: Cocky

Attention all: Let's please keep things to the topic at hand and keep personal attacks out of this and all threads. Thanks.

Whoa, please cool down on the flame there Colin. There is no need to insult people by questioning their reading ability.

-Roy

--------------------

"If what Jesus said was good, what can it matter if he was God or not?" - Kurt Vonnegut

+Quote Post
cclngthr
post Jan 14 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #20 | Print

The teach
Group Icon

QUOTE (Roydjt @ Jan 14 2007, 02:02 PM)
Attention all: Let's please keep things to the topic at hand and keep personal attacks out of this and all threads. Thanks.

Whoa, please cool down on the flame there Colin.  There is no need to insult people by questioning their reading ability. 

-Roy

It so appears to me, people ignore certain things in my posts and be VERY selective in trying to refute my statements. They take 1 snippit and ignore the rest, which does piss me off.

--------------------

John Betjeman

+Quote Post
Toecutter
post Jan 14 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #21 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Thanks Received: 1
Member No.: 2,014
Mood: Accomplished

This has become petty, and the derision by some is quite entertaining. I'm enjoying the drama. Let's keep it going.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobzilla
post Jan 14 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #22 | Print

Proud GLT Owner
Group Icon
Thanks Received: 633
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 532
Mood: Hyper

QUOTE (elantragt @ Jan 14 2007, 01:19 PM)
Stock Michelins aren't all that great in normal street driving... autoXing with them won't get your far.  tongue.gif

Well, they got about 5 seconds over me. . . . angry-bangheadonwall.gif Not the next time though!

--------------------

Founding Member of the Indiana Chapter of the Teeny Weeny Club for Secure Adult Males

"Drag racing is for fast cars, and autocrossing is for fast drivers" -Toecutter

+Quote Post
elantragt
post Jan 14 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #23 | Print

Club Founder
Group Icon
Group: Admin
Thanks Received: 2809
Trader Stats: 16 (100%)
Member No.: 1
Mood: Okay

people ignore certain things in my posts and be VERY selective in trying to refute my statements. They take 1 snippit and ignore the rest, which does piss me off.

Colin if you're upset, PM the member directly or a moderator. Airing this type of thing in a thread doesn't help anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ricerrx7
post Jan 14 2007, 05:25 PM
Post #24 | Print

Automotive Technician
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Thanks Received: 8
Member No.: 247
Mood: Blah

Colin, lateapxr had a problem with a defective wheel speed sensor right? The can line itself had no problems right? The only reason the CAN line is involved is because it is used to send the signal from the ABS module to the ECM right? So don't you find it misleading to say that lateapxr had an issue with the CAN line? The real issue was a faulty speed sensor and the CAN line worked perfectly fine as far as I recall. Yes, there might be a problem with the scan tool in question not being able to communicate through the can lines, but that is not the debate. You said because of a problem with the CAN line, lateapxr had a driveability problem, which just isn't true.

--------------------

QUOTE (doc1987 @ Aug 29 2007, 02:33 PM)
call me a perfectsiotist but i...

+Quote Post
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Amp is cutting out
3 The Gegenator 10,096 8th April 2016 - 09:55 PM
Last post by: slowgls
No New Posts Removing the REAR seat side bolsters (XD)
for upcoming strut replacement
15 03Ellie 1,172 17th March 2015 - 05:40 PM
Last post by: 03Ellie
No New Posts Removing interior rear-view mirror
2 BNystrom 421 26th February 2015 - 10:36 AM
Last post by: 2000J25SP
No new Pinned: Removing wax off plastic trim?
Using household products!
42 Bigs 82,117 19th September 2014 - 07:59 PM
Last post by: mlumz
No New Posts Removing Motor
12 TheOne2043 955 19th April 2014 - 11:02 AM
Last post by: Alex2013GT

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:10 AM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America