This is an archived forum community. It's currently closed to new memberships.
ElantraClub - for all generations

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Overview
56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What kind of mileage are you getting?
Rating 5 V
Doohickie
post Nov 16 2006, 05:01 PM
Post #25 | Print

Club Expert
Group Icon
Group: Lifetimer
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Thanks Received: 60
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 1,380
Mood: Cranky

I'll be driving down to Houston tomorrow; we'll see how the Red Rocket does on the highway.

--------------------

A proud member of the club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goldenguy
post Nov 16 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #26 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Group: Members
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Thanks Received: 0
Trader Stats: 0 (0%)
Member No.: 1,454

On the latest fill-up, I have 100 miles and juuuuuust below the 3/4 mark. Already a 20 mile improvement from the last fill-up.

--------------------

Redfire Pearl 2006 Tiburon GS | Debadged | S2k antenna | OEM mudflaps | red painted calipers | EuroPerf Wheelskins wrap | OE metallic door grabs | KDM E-brake rings | OE aluminum pedals | 2ga ground & neg. battery cables | red LED under-dash illumination | Silverstar lows & turn signals | Fumoto oil drain valve | Spectre PowerAdder cone air filter on stock intake elbow | removed resonator & hot-air snorkel | 30% tint | MidnightWolf fusebox cover in red | Red interior trim | 6"x9" 300w Infinity Reference | 6.5" 180w Infinity Reference | Custom door panel inserts | Headlight amber delete & housing paint | Borla cat-back exhaust | Tuscani Maintec 4-2-1 race header | Magnaflow 2.25" cat |

+Quote Post
cclngthr
post Nov 18 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #27 | Print

The teach
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Member No.: 426
Mood: Calm

I went to Olympia from Tacoma, which is a 26 mile freeway trip and my average speed was 70 and I averaged 40 mpg on my HD. I bet I could get higher mpg if I was easy on the gas pedal.

--------------------

"Childhood is measured by sounds and smells and sights before the dark hour of reason grows"
John Betjeman

+Quote Post
Doohickie
post Nov 20 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #28 | Print

Club Expert
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Thanks Received: 60
Trader Stats: 2 (100%)
Member No.: 1,380
Mood: Cranky

Driving down to Houston I drove 75-80 most of the way, then drove around Houston on the same tank of gas. I got 29; not as good as I was hoping, but decent considering Houston traffic (nuckin futs!)

I filled up just prior to leaving and filled up again this morning. A little better: 34 mpg. I was hoping to get better than my previous best of 35, but we ran into some heavy traffic on I45 in Houston after filling up- stop and go for a bout a half hour.

--------------------

A proud member of the club.

+Quote Post
Bobzilla
post Nov 20 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #29 | Print

Proud GLT Owner
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 3.03
Thanks Received: 633
Trader Stats: 3 (100%)
Member No.: 532
Mood: Hyper

Any length of stop-n-go kills the mileage average. If we could just get them to build better flowing roads our fuel consumption as a whole would go down drastically.

--------------------

Founding Member of the Indiana Chapter of the Teeny Weeny Club for Secure Adult Males

"Drag racing is for fast cars, and autocrossing is for fast drivers" -Toecutter

+Quote Post
southpawboston
post Nov 20 2006, 01:38 PM
Post #30 | Print

Elantra Guru
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Thanks Received: 1
Member No.: 4
Mood: Accomplished

QUOTE (Bobzilla @ Nov 20 2006, 02:10 PM)
Any length of stop-n-go kills the mileage average.  If we could just get them to build better flowing roads our fuel consumption as a whole would go down drastically.

the roads we consider congested *were* better flowing when they were made. sad fact is, the number of cars on the roads has increased *dramatically* in the last 40 years, whereas new road construction has been minimal (except maybe in california). when the federal highway system was in place, mostly by the late 70s, things were a lot better. now you can expect traffic jams anywhere and anytime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bobzilla
post Nov 20 2006, 01:44 PM
Post #31 | Print

Proud GLT Owner
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 3.03
Thanks Received: 633
Member No.: 532
Mood: Hyper

Which is what I just said. . . the government is about 40 years behind on keeping up with the roads.

--------------------

Founding Member of the Indiana Chapter of the Teeny Weeny Club for Secure Adult Males

"Drag racing is for fast cars, and autocrossing is for fast drivers" -Toecutter

+Quote Post
wills03
post Nov 20 2006, 02:36 PM
Post #32 | Print

Elantra and C5 Galaxy grease monkey
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Member No.: 1,419

I average about 26 mpg but, the last time I calculated it I got 28.5 mpg and went about 350 miles on a tank. That's just about as good as when I drive the 1500 miles to go home.

--------------------

Here's to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and all the rest of our military for the battles they have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run. May the wings of liberty never lose a feather. If you'd like to become a VIP Member like me and support the club you can subscribe here. Thanks Mitch for the sig.

+Quote Post
RHINESEL
post Nov 22 2006, 12:50 AM
Post #33 | Print

PhD in Intellectual Intercourse
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Member No.: 1,187
Mood: Crotchety

QUOTE (southpawboston @ Nov 20 2006, 02:38 PM)
the roads we consider congested *were* better flowing when they were made.  sad fact is, the number of cars on the roads has increased *dramatically* in the last 40 years, whereas new road construction has been minimal (except maybe in california).  when the federal highway system was in place, mostly by the late 70s, things were a lot better.  now you can expect traffic jams anywhere and anytime.

Like our "Big Dig" relieved congestion on 93 South, right? I laugh every morning when I hear about the backup. 3 lanes to 2 lanes to 4 lanes = Still a problem!

--------------------

19 mm sway bar, easy intake mod with K&N filter, Pioneer DEH P4800MP, DC Strut Bar, Brushed Aluminum Dash Kit.

+Quote Post
tmant
post Dec 4 2006, 01:57 PM
Post #34 | Print

Power Poster
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Member No.: 64

Trip down to San Antonio definately gave me 30+ mpg. I monkeyed with the computer too much on the way there so I don't have a good number to say. The trip back averaged 36mpg from fillup all the way home.

I haven't calculated mpg from the fillup amounts, as I did not fill up when I got back. It was down to 31 mpg by the time I did fill up after a few days.

I was getting high 37s the first 60 or so miles in/leaving San Antonio. Dipping under 36 on most of the hilly highway. And then creeping back up into the low 36s in Houston.

--------------------

user posted image

+Quote Post
wills03
post Dec 15 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #35 | Print

Elantra and C5 Galaxy grease monkey
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Member No.: 1,419

I'm happy. I just got 29 mpg. That's the best I have had in almost a year. It has been down around 25-26 mpg but, I just tried to drive easier and it saved me a lot of gas.

--------------------

Here's to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and all the rest of our military for the battles they have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run. May the wings of liberty never lose a feather. If you'd like to become a VIP Member like me and support the club you can subscribe here. Thanks Mitch for the sig.

+Quote Post
Goldenguy
post Dec 15 2006, 10:26 AM
Post #36 | Print

Post Maniac
Group Icon
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Member No.: 1,454

Last fill-up netted 21.14MPG, and the lifetime car average so far is 21.93.

For all the city driving I do (pretty much all trips are under 10 miles, most under 5 miles in fact), I can't say I'm displeased. Sticker on city is 22.. and I'm by far the poster-child for city driving.

--------------------

Redfire Pearl 2006 Tiburon GS | Debadged | S2k antenna | OEM mudflaps | red painted calipers | EuroPerf Wheelskins wrap | OE metallic door grabs | KDM E-brake rings | OE aluminum pedals | 2ga ground & neg. battery cables | red LED under-dash illumination | Silverstar lows & turn signals | Fumoto oil drain valve | Spectre PowerAdder cone air filter on stock intake elbow | removed resonator & hot-air snorkel | 30% tint | MidnightWolf fusebox cover in red | Red interior trim | 6"x9" 300w Infinity Reference | 6.5" 180w Infinity Reference | Custom door panel inserts | Headlight amber delete & housing paint | Borla cat-back exhaust | Tuscani Maintec 4-2-1 race header | Magnaflow 2.25" cat |

+Quote Post
56 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 user(s) are reading this topic (1 guests and 0 anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsWhat I did to my other car today.
where the rest of my money & time goes when my Elantra doesn't
38 ronjr8102 112,117 30th June 2017 - 08:01 PM
Last post by: elantragt
No New Posts What's New at RockAuto?
0 RockAuto 52,444 27th June 2017 - 03:06 PM
Last post by: RockAuto
No New Posts Pinned: Topic has attachmentsWhat did you do to your Elantra today?
1,913 Spectre 358,000 26th October 2016 - 11:20 PM
Last post by: The Gegenator
No New Posts What is this?
2 AKENT 8,169 22nd September 2016 - 02:42 PM
Last post by: Blupupher
No new Pinned: What's in your detail kit?
62 elantragt 160,542 20th June 2016 - 09:10 PM
Last post by: rsr145

Copyright 2022 The Elantra Club    
Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:37 PM
Elantra Club is not affiliated in any way with Hyundai Motor America